three

there's only you


"So what'd you guys do last night?" Taeyong asked that evening.

Jaehyun was sitting on the couch all snuggled up in a blanket, his hair messy, a slight tinge of pinkness on his cheeks. How could a person with a 102 degree fever look so ing adorable, and why did Doyoung get this sudden urge to kiss the living daylights out of him?

"Nothing, really. Doyoung hyung took me to bed and told me stories till I fell asleep."
"Hmm." Taeyong hummed. "How are you feeling, though?" He went over to Jaehyun and felt his forehead, his cheeks. "God, you're warm all over." He then continued to brush his fingers on his cheeks, looking at Jaehyun all.....fondly. Doyoung felt something weird at the pit of his stomach. Whatever, it's not like he belongs to me or something, Doyoung told himself. It still didn't make that feeling go away.

"Hey, I'll make you dinner today, okay? You just rest." He cupped Jaehyun's face and smiled at him.

"Thank you, hyung. But you guys need to stop babying me. For real. I'm fine." Jaehyun scoffed, and he looked so goddamn cute and it made Doyoung want to pinch his cheeks.

"There's a reason it's so easy to baby you, Jaehyun. You just....make people want to take care of you, I guess." Doyoung blurted out.

Jaehyun sighed. "I don't deserve you guys." 

"Don't act like you don't like it." Taeyong smirked.

 

That night, he found Jaehyun and Taeyong in their room, and it seemed like Taeyong had cooked up a feast for him. He watched as Taeyong whispered something to Jaehyun and he watched as Jaehyun threw his head back laughing; he watched as Taeyong reached out and rub something off Jaehyun's lips, and it made the knot inside his stomach grow ten times larger. He hated it, and he hated that he felt this way, but it was just the way it was. 

It's fine, it's fine, it's fine, he kept telling himself. They're best friends, and so were Doyoung and Jaehyun, and there was no reason for him to feel jealous. Or whatever. Doyoung was always a jealous person, he knew that, except he never acted on it. He just lets those feelings overwhelm him and cage him in, until it burned his insides, kind of like holding a burning piece of charcoal. He could've thrown the goddamn charcoal away, but he decides to hold it in a fist till it burned out.