TAKE 4- The Process Of Loving

Just You & I Will Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SJK's POV

I reached out to my phone I dialed her number.

"Hey, Hye Kyo, are you reaching soon?"

"Yes,  I am on the way. Sorry, traffic is bad."

"It's okay, I will punish you later for being late."

"Wah, I am doing you a favor and I have to get punished. Yah! what an ungrateful person you are!"

"Don't worry, you will love the punishment. Okay, see you later."

"Don't do anything silly again. Anyway, come out now, I am just around the corner."

"I was out a long time ago. I can't wait you see my princess."

"Aigoo, so sweet. Bye, my prince, see you in a minute."

Indeed, she was right. A minute after that, a white car stopped in front of my house.

I walked to the driver's seat and opened the door.

"What are you doing? I can drive!"

"Nope, I am a gentleman, and I should be the driver. My princess should just lay  back and enjoy the view of her man driving." I winked at her.

Before she could do anything else, I leaned forward and then unbuckled her seatbelt. I heard her gasped because of my sudden action. Just before I pulled myself back, I gave her a deep stare and kissed her.

"That is your punishment, my princess, I know you love it. Now, go to the passenger's seat and enjoy the ride."

She got out and walked towards the passenger's seat without a word. After she settled down, she didn't wait for a few seconds before breaking the silence.

"Wah, Song Joong Ki, you really never cease to surprise me. My heart may stop working one day because of you."

"Then, we really are a match made in heaven, because you always cause my heart to stop because of your beauty, my princess."

"Aish, you win," she said in an annoyed tone, but through the rear mirror, I saw a smile creeping up her face.

From time to time, I saw her glancing at me as if she had something to say, but she said nothing.

"Am I really that irresistible that you have to keep looking at me, or is there something you want to tell me? You have been looking at me constantly."

" I, I just... ah, never mind, I will tell you later, it's nothing important."

"Okay, tell me when you feel like it."

I didn't want to force her into telling me. If she wanted to tell me something, I wanted her to do it on her own accord, and not because she felt as if she was obliged to.

***

Dinner went quite smoothly. We went to a Western restaurant. I booked a private room beforehand to avoid any rumours to circulate. We both agreed that we preferred to date in private rather than to be the center of the media. 

Pleasantly, the patrons of the restaurant did not notice us, and the waiter that served us looked surprised, but did not ask much. Later, he even assured us that he would not say a thing about this. Nice chap. Well, another place we could add on our list for our dates. 


We usually have our dates in each others houses, watching movies and ordering takeout to avoid the unnecessary attention, but it was nice to go out once in a while to do what ordinary couples did. This was one of the privileges we didn't get as artists. We had to be aware of our fans and the paparazzi. It wasn't that we disliked it, but sometimes it was nice to have some personal space and have the privilege to put your guard down. It was actually very tedious to always be aware of your surroundings. So, if we wanted to go on dates outside our homes, it was usually a quiet restaurant or a place with minimal crowds.

The only crowded place we went in the past three weeks of us dating was the movies, and we only went there once. I had booked a couple seat beforehand in the front rows, and then we walked in at different times. We had to wear a cap and a mask to avoid being recognized. After the movies ended, we had to wait until the crowd had gone before leaving. There were times where we were at the brink of getting caught, and it had been so nervewracking that we decided to watch movies at home. It was not worth risking so much for the special effects you get at the movies.

***

She was a little less talkative than usual. Maybe because of what had been on her mind earlier but she was still quite cheerful, so I tried to ignore it, even if I was a little curious and worried.

Well, as I said, she would tell when she felt like it. 

Later, after dinner, on the way back to my home, I thought of something.

"Hye Kyo, would you like to take a walk at the park near my housing area? It is usually empty at this hour."

"Of course, I'd love to."

10 minutes later, we reached the park, and as we had hoped, there was nobody around. I opened the car door for her and held her hand. Finally, I could just hold her hand in the open like this. Happiness crept into my heart.

We walked with our fingers intertwined, enjoying this rare opportunity we didn't usually get. We talked and laughed out loud just like any ordinary couple would, and we could finally let our guard down. I can see that she was enjoying every moment of this as much as I was.

Later on, we sat on the swings and enjoyed ourselves. I found the happiness and carefree feeling I once had back during my childhood days when I would go to the park with my other siblings. 

"Hye Kyo, are you happy?"

"Yes, I am, I really am. When I was younger, I would always wished that I had siblings so that I could go to the park at night with them when there's no one around and play with them. It makes you feel as if you are the king of the park. Childish dreams, you know. But sadly, I did not have any, and as time passed, the dream became a part of my forgotten memories. But today, this forgotten dream came true, so why would I not be happy?"

"I'm glad I made your dream come true,  and I hope much more of it will be fulfilled with me in the future."

She said nothing, but gave me an assuring smile.

"Hye Kyo?"

"What?"

"Do you want to do another childish thing?"

"What is that? "

"A game of chase."

"Seriously?" She chuckled.

"Why, you scared of losing?"

"Why would I, I was always the winner in that game. I can run really fast! You should be scared!"

"I, too, was always the winner of that game. Well then, let's have a competition to see who is better! Game on?"

"On! What are the rules?"

"Hmm, I will chase you and if, after 3 minuets, you are still not caught, then it is your turn to chase me. The game ends when one of us gets caught, okay?"

"Okay, but wait, let me wear my sneakers. It is inconvenient to run in these shoes."

She got her sneakers out and then, the game started.

I started chasing her and she was really good. I had underestimated her. 30 seconds were left when she turned to face me at the other end of the park.

She made a funny face at me and said, "See, Joong Ki, I was not bluffing when I said I was queen, come catch me if you can!"

"Song Hye Kyo, just watch out. I am coming for you, you are going to be sorry when I catch you," I replied, and started running towards her. 


She walked backward, now quickening her pace a little more and her infectious laughter filled the quiet night.

"Ah!!!"

A loud piercing scream filled the night.

She tripped and fell, and I ran towards her, hoping to catch her just like they did in the dramas, but sadly, we were living in reality.

No slow motion. No Do Min Joo either. ( My love from the star alien who can stop time)

She had twisted her ankle because the ground she stepped on was not even and fell. 

"Ouch, it hurts," she said in a choked voice, as though she was holding ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter