TAKE 3- The Beginning

Just You & I Will Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SJK's POV

I am now driving to Hye Kyo's house, determined to do what I'd set in mind yesterday.

"It is really now or never, JoongKi, you can do it! Even if she rejects you, you know you have tried right, it is okay... There is a possibility that she will accept you. You know, what she will accept you. You are one of the most sought out bachelors in this world, you've got the looks, the body and also you're also financially stable,  more than stable in fact, you are perfe...."

"No, I am not perfect, not perfect enough for her, to be precise. She's got the looks, the body and also she's also better off than me financially.  In fact, in terms of beauty, hers can only be described as out of the world and it's even got the world's recognition. Her beauty ranking in the world beats most of the American actress.  In short, she wins me by a huge margin in every aspect... " I mumble to myself.

Here I am back to this, calming and convincing myself and then finding something to prove myself wrong.... Aigoo, what is wrong with me, I think I am driving myself insane. Why are the things I am thinking so contradictive and after all these nonsense I have said, I still do not know how, or for that matter, whether to confess or not.

Without realizing it, I have finally  reached her house. I walked out of my car, walked to her doorstep, and took a deep breath before ringing her doorbell. Even though it was only 7 pm,  the surroundings were so quiet. The twinkling stars and the moon brightened the dull sky. Were the stars shining brighter than usual or was it because it has been so long since I had the time to admire them; they seem especially beautiful on this day. The cooling night breeze blew onto my chest and, at the same time, blew all my worries away. The sound of the rustling trees and the crickets singing filled the silent night; the surrounding atmosphere gave a sense of serenity and also calmed me down.

When I thought I finally had gained enough courage, the door suddenly opened and the appearance of the woman of my dreams caused my calmed soul to go back to square one. She looked so pretty wearing that black tee with the denim legging jeans. My memory flashed back to yesterday when she told me there was already someone important in her heart. The thought of that caused me to lose control of my already distorted feelings. In the spur of the moment I pulled her into a tight embrace. I can swear that this is the most emotional hug I have given anybody in my life.

".... Joong Ki, what happened? Are you okay?" She asked in startled and worried tone when I finally gathered enough wits to pull away.

".... Sorry for that unexpected hug but I was just got carried away and had the urge to hug someone, I hope I did not shock you." I said in a joking tone.

"It would be a lie if I said I was not shocked.... What happened? If you don't mind, I am all ears."

Great, what should I say? What should I say?

" Ermm... just some relationship problems... it's nothing much. Let's not waste our time any longer, the night isn't getting any younger. Maybe I will ask your advice over a cup of soju later when I find the correct words." Deep down in my heart I wanted to say yes, yes, I am having relationship problems and you are the cause of it. Were my eyes playing tricks on me? Did she actually have a hint of disappointment in her eyes when I told her I had relationship problems?

"Okay, kaja...."

 


The car was filled with comfortable silence, but it is actually not her style since she is ever so chatty. I turned to look at her only to notice that she looked a little down.

"Hye Kyo -ssi, are you okay? Why are you so quiet today?"

"Nothing- wait, are you saying that I am a chatter- box and very noisy?"

I chuckled. "Well, yeah. That is a fact and I like it." I winked at her.

"Yah! I am going to keep quiet for the rest of the journey and I am not going to talk to you."
 
" Aigoo, you are my noona, a prestigious Hallyu star, how can you be acting so immature, c'mon." I said teasingly

 

"Hmph, I don't care. I am this childish and there is nothing you can do about it." She retorted, enunciating each word cleary before turning on the radio.

"Aigoo, our infamous Hallyu star is sulking, so cute!" I exclaimed, poking her arm.

No reaction.

"Okay, okay, I give up. Can the world's prettiest lady please forgive the world's meanest man?"

Still she ignored me. Suddenly, the radio started playing Ed Sheeran's Perfect.

I found a love for me, 

darling just dive right in and follow my lead

She squealed suddenly, startling me.

"Omo, this is my favourite song! " She said shortly before starting to hum along to the melody.

"Wah, this is my favourite song too! We really have the same taste for things, noona!" I raised my fist and she bumped mine with hers gently before giving me her signature smile. The dim night suddenly became a whole lot more brighter and she started to chatter away.

"Did you know that I first heard someone playing this song on YouTube and I fell in love with it instantly. Since young, I always had fantasies about guys playing the guitar. Any ordinary guy just needs to have a guitar in their hand and they immediately turn into a cool and captivating  guy. I remember I fell in love with my childhood sweetheart when he was playing the guitar. He looked like a nerd but when he had the guitar in his hand, it's just like the time stopped and I felt like we were the only ones on Earth. When I was younger, the naive me used to think that he was the one and how one day he would propose to me with his guitar one day. But you know, things changed and we broke up. But that does not change the fact that I still imagine my boyfrind proposing to me with a guitar, it will be perfect with 'Perfect'," she chuckled.

"Of course he is not the one for you, I am." I mumbled. How I wished in that moment that I'd learned the guitar when I was younger instead of being a nerd. I had to admit that I was feeling a bit of jealous.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"Oh, it's nothing significant. Talking about your school days, what was your favourite subject?" I said, fumbling for the words to change the topic and prevent her from interrogating me further on what I'd said before.
 
"My favourite subject? Ah, it is none other than chemistry! What about you?"

"Woah, this is another coincidence in preference! My favourite is chemistry too, maybe that is why we have so much chemistry when we are together."

"Wow, you're so cheesy! But I am quite surprised, I thought boys usually prefer physics? "

"Well, I don't know, I prefer playing around with chemical substances more, I guess, and maybe because I had a very interactive chemistry teacher. I still remember  she taught us that positively charged ions (cations) are boys and negatively changed ions (anions) are girls and told us that in the chemistry world, there are no gays, only lesbian since only 2 anions can attract each other but not  2  cations. I guess I fell in love with chemistry since then."

"Woah, your teacher is a creative one! "

Then I thought of something. A smirk crept up my face beacuse I finally thought of a way to test the waters.

"Hye Kyo, if I was a cation, would you be my anion forever?" I asked suddenly in a serious tone.

Every passing second seemed like a decade.

"Ermm....  I.... "

I laughed at her hesitancee and said, "I was just joking, I pranked you!" But deep down inside I was feeling kind of sad. Well, maybe she really isn't interested in me.  A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter