Chapter 20

Aphrodite II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That weekend, Satzu and Michaeng decided to have a little family gathering at Satzu's house. They decided to have a little pool party to themselves. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were at the small pool playing with Yoong and Seohyun. The wives just sat at the pool chair having their girls talk. 

 

 

"Btw, when are you going to check the baby's gender?" Mina took a sip of her orange juice 

 

 

"Hmm maybe next month. Oh ya Mina did I tell you that I bought this month's Men's Health magazine?" 

 

 

"Oh my god who's on the cover?"  

 

 

“Ryan Reynolds!” 

 

 

They both screamed like fan girls. 

 

 

“No way! I wanna see it!” 

 

 

“I’ll show you later okay” said Sana 

 

 

“You’re so lucky that Tzuyu let you read that magazine! Last time I bought it but Chaeyoung hid it somewhere until now I couldn’t find it” 

 

 

“Well Tzuyu read it too. Just to get the tips to keep his body to stay fit” 

 

 

“You have no idea how hard I tried to tell Chaeyoung to always exercise. But no he said late night activities are exercise to him. Sheesh” Mina raised her upper lips 

 

 

“Late night activities?” Sana chuckled 

 

 

“You know what I mean Sana ya. Gosh, just look at his belly” 

 

 

They both turned to look at their husbands. Tzuyu was wearing black T-shirt and Bermuda shorts while Chaeyoung wore plain T-shirt and navy shorts. Chaeyoung’s shirt got wet because Seohyun splashed the water to him. So his belly is visible. 

 

 

“Yeah you should let him read that magazine” said Sana as he looked at Chaeyoung’s belly 

 

 

Meanwhile, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung noticed their wives were watching them. 

 

 

“I really don’t understand with girls talk. They always end up observing someone” said Chaeyoung 

 

 

“And they are observing you” said Tzuyu while playing with Yoong in the small pool 

 

 

“Maybe I’m too attractive” Chaeyoung smirked 

 

 

Back to the girls, 

 

 

“Oh ya Sana-chan. I’m pregnant” said Mina 

 

 

“Really? Congratulations! When did you find out?” 

 

 

“Few days ago. I decided to just tell Chaeyoung straight away instead of waiting for him to notice my difference. And guess what he did?” 

 

 

“What?” 

 

 

Flashback 

 

 

Mina was at the office doing her work in her office. The day before, she was cooking dinner but all of a sudden she went to the bathroom to puke. Since Chaeyoung was not home yet at that time, she decided not to tell Chaeyoung about it because she still has to confirm. She even noticed that her period were two weeks late. So that morning she stopped by at the pharmacy to buy the pregnancy test before heading to her office. 

 

 

“I think I better test it now” 

 

 

She put down her pen, took the pregnancy test and headed to her own personal bathroom. 

 

 

30 minutes later, she exited the bathroom with a smile on her face. Mina grabbed her phone from her handbag and dialed Chaeyoung’s number. 

 

 

“Yellow” 

 

 

“Hi Chae!” 

 

 

“Hello my love. What’s up?” 

 

 

“Just doing my work. What are you doing?” 

 

 

“Me? Uhh just doing my work” 

 

 

Mina heard the background sounds like a carpark area. 

 

 

“Are you at a carpark, Chae?” 

 

 

“Uhh yeah. Kinda. Just got back from having lunch with my colleagues” 

 

 

“Oh. Okay then. Just to call you to say that I’m pregnant” 

 

 

“Okay” 

 

 

Mina remained silent. He sounded so busy that he missed the word she said ‘pregnant’ ? 

 

 

“Wait. What did you say??” 

 

 

“Chae what are you doing?” 

 

 

“Did you say that you’re pregnant?” 

 

“Chae tell me where are you right now!” 

 

 

“Oh my god!” 

 

 

She heard Chaeyoung hung up. 

 

 

“Did he just hung up on me?!”Mina’s mouth turned into ‘O’ shape. 

 

 

She threw her phone on the table, “Where the heck is he?! He’s not working!” 

 

 

Suddenly she heard running footsteps coming towards her door. Then she saw the door opened and a familiar man carrying so many things in his hands. There were 4 bouquet of flowers in his hands and all the flowers were pink in colour. 

 

 

“Sir, who are you?” Mina asked 

 

 

“I heard that my wife is pregnant!” she heard Chaeyoung’s voice. 

 

 

He threw the flowers to the sofa, hugged Mina and lifted her up. It was definitely Chaeyoung. 

 

 

“Omg Chae! You scared me! How did you get here so fast?” 

 

 

Chaeyoung put her back on the ground and smiled widely. 

 

 

“I was at this building’s carpark. Actually I wanted to pay you a visit so I stopped by at a florist shop. 

But I had a hard time choosing the pink flowers so I decided to buy them all” 

 

 

“You did? Omo they’re beautiful” Mina showed her famous gummy smiles 

 

 

“Yeah! Come on take a look. These are pink roses, these are pink lilies-” 

 

 

Mina cut his words and glued their lips together. 

 

 

“You’re the sweetest you know that?” she said 

 

“Hehe. And yay for our second child!” he caressed her tummy 

 

 

 

End Of Flashback 

 

 

 

“Omo Chaeyoung is really sweet, Mina!” Sana smiled 

 

 

“Yeah but I really want him to lose that belly of his” 

 

 

Meanwhile, the guys, 

 

 

“I just heard Sana saying my name” said Chaeyoung 

 

 

“Hmm. Maybe they are talking about you” 

 

 

“Told ya I’m attractive!” he playfully punched Tzuyu’s right shoulder 

 

 

“Yah luckily you didn’t punch my left shoulder if not I’ll strangle you right now” Tzuyu raised his upper lips 

 

 

Chaeyoung remembered about Tzuyu got shot in the shoulder 5 years ago, “Oh right. Sorry” he punched his right shoulder 

 

 

“Yah you!” 

 

 

They both let out a chuckle. 

 

 

“Hey just take off that shirt. It’s soaked” Tzuyu looked at Chaeyoung’s wet shirt 

 

 

“Why? I don’t want to reveal my beautiful body” Chaeyoung tapped his belly 

 

 

“Yeah beautiful body alright” Tzuyu chuckled 

 

 

Yoong was too hyper playing with the water so the little boy splashed the water everywhere. Seohyun followed him and began tapping on the water happily. The water accidentally splashed onto Tzuyu’s shirt and he’s now soaking wet. 

 

“Yoong, you splashed water on appa” Tzuyu laughed a bit 

 

 

“Sorry appa!” 

 

 

“It’s okay son” he smiled 

 

 

“Looks like you have to take it off” Chaeyoung pointed at Tzuyu’s soaking shirt 

 

 

“Well, okay then” Tzuyu took off his shirt and put it aside. His hard six packs abs revealed and let the jaws of Chaeyoung to drop down. The wives saw it. Mina had her jaw dropped and Sana just smiled. The children had no interest and just continue playing with water. 

 

 

“What are you looking at?” Tzuyu looked at Chaeyoung 

 

 

“Pfft. Show off” 

 

 

“Appa! Let’s play boat! Appa become Yoong’s boat!” 

 

 

“Alright. Hop on” Tzuyu lied flat on his stomach in the small pool and let Yoong to climb on his back. 

 

 

“Daddy, plane!” 

 

 

“Seobaby wanna play plane game? Okay come here” Chaeyoung lifted her up and let her sit on his shoulders. Then he swing around like an airplane while kneeling in the small pool. 

 

 

Back at the girls, 

 

 

“Wow” Mina just stared at Tzuyu’s abs 

 

 

“Yah. Eyes on the kids not my husband” Sana glared 

 

 

“Can I make Tzuyu as Chaeyoung’s personal trainer?” 

 

 

“Tzuyu is my personal trainer” said Sana 

 

“Urgh I envy you Sana-chan” 

 

 

Sana smiled and drank her orange juice. 

 

 

Mina asked again, “seriously can’t I just touch his abs once?” 

 

 

“Yah!” 

 

   

************* 

 

 

One month later, in America, at UCLA Medical Centre, Nayeon was taking care of her patient as usual. She’s getting used to the surroundings over there. Luckily, she speaks good English so she can communicate well. Mr.Minatozaki bought for her a simple apartment for herself so she can make that as her own house. The apartment is nearer to the place she work. She also have to work late at night because of the on calls. 

 

 

“You’ll be discharged by tomorrow, Mr.Sam” Nayeon checked on her patient. She had her white doctor’s coat on and a stethoscope hanging over her neck. 

 

 

“Thank you doctor” said the patient 

 

 

“You’re welcome” she smiled and exited the ward room 

 

 

She made her way to her own office. She entered, grabbed a mineral bottle from her mini fridge and drank it. Then she took a sit. She checked her emails on her laptop. 

 

 

“It has been awhile since Jeong send me a email. Is he busy or something?” she talked to herself 

 

 

On her desk, there’s a picture with her family, picture with her favourite nephew and Tzuyu, picture with Momo and her friends, and lastly, her picture with Jeongyeon. She missed everyone in the photos. 

 

 

Then Nayeon heard someone knocking on the door. 

 

 

“Come in” 

 

 

She looked at her nurse entering the room. 

 

“Dr.Nayeon, you have another patient waiting for you” 

 

 

“Aight. Coming” she stood up and followed her nurse 

 

 

“So what’s up with the new patient?” Nayeon asked while making their way to the ward room 

 

 

“He has a heart problem. And he’s not a local” 

 

 

“Not a local? Is he a tourist?” Nayeon asked 

 

 

“Well I’m not so sure about that. This is his room. I’ll go get the things ready as usual” the nurse walked away leaving Nayeon behind. What Nayeon didn’t notice that the nurse was grinning when she walked away. 

 

 

Nayeon entered the room. She saw a guy standing at the window looking down at the streets. She can’t see his face because he was ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter