Chapter 17

Aphrodite II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been 8 hours since they all waited for Sana to wake up, especially Tzuyu. Last night, Chaeyoung and Mina went home because Seohyun need to have a good place to sleep. Tzuyu told them to bring along Yoong to stay with them. At first the little boy rejected but after a hard time coaxing him, finally he followed his uncle Chaeyoung and aunt Mina. 

 

  

 

Perhaps Yoong got that attitude from his father, Tzuyu. The nurses tried hard to tell Tzuyu to sleep on the sofa instead of just lying his head on the bed beside Sana while sitting on the chair. Still, Tzuyu wanted to be at Sana's side all the time. Meanwhile, the doctor let Nayeon into the room so that she can sleep on the sofa. Even Nayeon didn't want to leave the hospital. 

 

  

 

The next morning, Nayeon woke up early. She looked at Tzuyu who did not sleep at all. He just sat there and stared at Sana. Nayeon quietly sneaked out of the room to get a cup of hot tea for him. 

 

  

 

Meanwhile, Tzuyu just looked at Sana. He did not sleep or eat. He wanted to stay up just to look after his wife. He made a fake sleep to the nurses who bothered him to sleep on the sofa last night. When they left the room, he actually wasn't sleepy at all. 

 

  

 

'I, Minatozaki Sana ..' 

 

  

 

'I love you seobang' 

 

  

 

'In my arms' 

 

  

 

Tzuyu's mind was currently occupied with Sana's voices. His eyes went a little bit teary and he just let go one tear to roll on his cheek. 

 

  

 

"Wake up.. and call me seobang again" he said softly 

 

  

 

"I want to see your beautiful eyes.. so wake up" 

 

  

 

"It's our anniversary today.." 

Then he felt someone wiped his tear away. He looked to the side and saw Nayeon standing beside him while holding a cup of hot tea. 

 

  

 

"Tea?" she asked 

 

  

 

"No thanks" he shook his head 

 

  

 

"Oppa. I woke up early in the morning and went all the way downstairs just to grab a cup of hot tea just for you. So you better drink it or I'll-" 

 

  

 

Tzuyu quickly took the cup from her hand, "Okay I'll drink it" 

 

  

 

"Good" she glared. Nayeon took a chair and sat beside him. 

 

  

 

"At least I get to see someone glaring. It's kinda similar to Sana's" 

 

  

 

They both chuckled. 

 

  

 

"Yay. Finally I'm seeing you smiling, oppa" said Nayeon 

Tzuyu just sighed. He then looked at Nayeon. 

 

  

 

"How are you and Jeong?" he asked 

 

  

 

"I don't know" she shrugged her shoulders 

 

  

 

"I was wrong, Nayeon. I think Jeong is a nice guy" said Tzuyu 

 

  

 

"Who cares. He has stopped calling me" 

 

  

 

"You mean he was trying to contact you all the time? Don't tell me you rejected it?" 

 

  

 

"But I'm mad at him for not telling me about his jerk cousin. He just introduced his cousin to me and that's all. If I knew about his cousin trying to flirt my married sister, I would've warn you guys earlier" 

 

  

 

"Just warn us? Not breaking up with him?" Tzuyu  

 

  

 

"Break up? Don't you think that's too far?" 

"That means you still love him, right?" 

 

  

 

"I.. urgh why are you asking me this?" 

 

  

 

"Don't let him wait too long. Call him. You're gonna leave Korea soon anyways" said Tzuyu 

 

  

 

"Listen oppa. For now I want to focus on my future. The interview is tomorrow. Plus, why are you telling me all this? I mean, look who's talking" 

 

  

 

Nayeon was right. Tzuyu told her to reconcile with Jeong is what he should do to Sana before this. 

 

  

 

Nayeon noticed Tzuyu looked away with his sad face. 

 

  

 

She let out a sigh and said ,"Sorry oppa. I didn't mean to say something like that" 

 

  

 

"It's fine. Really. You were right" Tzuyu sighed 

 

  

 

She sighed again and then nodded, "Okay fine. I'll talk to him" 

 

  

 

Tzuyu raised his eyebrows and looked at her sister-in-law, "Really?" 

 

"Don't push it or I'll change my mind" 

 

   

Tzuyu then zipped his mouth. 

 

   

Nayeon let out a small chuckle, "I'm going out for some fresh air" 

 

   

"Okay" Tzuyu nodded. 

 

   

When Nayeon opened the door, she was surprised to see Jeongyeon in the hallway trying to look for someone in each room. 

 

   

"Oppa.. he's here" Nayeon said to Tzuyu 

 

   

Tzuyu stood up and made his way towards the door. He also saw Jeongyeon looking for someone. Then Jeongyeon suddenly looked at their way. The latter instantly smiled. 

 

   

"Nayeon! There you are!" Jeongyeon ran towards them 

 

   

"W-what are you doing here?" Nayeon asked 

 

"I heard about what happened to Sana noona. And also to find you. Oh, hello hyung" the younger boy quickly bowed to Tzuyu 

 

  

 

Tzuyu smiled and pulled him for a hug. 

 

  

 

"Err.. hyung" 

 

  

 

"I'm sorry for what I've done the other day" said Tzuyu 

 

  

 

"Oh. Umm it's okay. It was just a misunderstanding" said Jeongyeon 

 

  

 

Nayeon showed a blank face but inside, she was happy that Tzuyu apologized to him. She felt that she should too. 

 

  

 

Suddenly, Tzuyu saw someone entered the hallway. It was Matthew. 

 

  

 

"What is he doing here?" Tzuyu's smile quickly fade away 

 

  

 

Jeongyeon took a glance at Matthew. Then he looked back at Tzuyu. 

"Hyung, he's here to apologize. Just hear what he's gonna say and I hope you handle everything coolly" said Jeongyeon 

 

   

"Right" Tzuyu just look at Matthew who were making his way to them 

 

   

"Nayeon, can I talk to you for a moment? Somewhere less people?" Jeongyeon asked 

 

   

Nayeon just nodded. The younger couple then walked away. Soon, Matthew reached in front of Sana's ward room where Tzuyu was standing. 

 

   

"Perhaps, can we talk?" Matthew asked 

 

   

"Shoot it" said Tzuyu 

 

   

"Somewhere comfortable?" 

 

   

"I'm not leaving my wife alone" 

 

   

"Very well then. I come here to apologize for what had happened. It was actually a misunderstanding. I hugged Sana because-" 

 

  

 

"I know why you hugged her. I don't need to hear your story again" 

 

  

 

"I guess she told you" 

 

  

 

"Just tell me one thing Matthew. That you're gonna disappear from our lives forever" said Tzuyu 

 

  

 

"You don't have to worry about that. I'm going back to Los Angeles  as soon as I get everything back to normal. And this is my last step. So after this, all I have to do is buy myself a ticket to Los Angeles " 

 

  

 

"Last step? What have you done before this?" Tzuyu asked 

 

  

 

The TV that was hanging by the ceiling in the hallway was suddenly airing the News. What caught their eyes to the TV was the reporter mentioned Matthew's name. 

 

  

 

'Last night, the Korean-American businessman, Matthew Kim, who was involved with a fight with the professional basketball player, Chou Tzuyu, gathered all the reporters at the ballroom in Seoul Hotel. The reason of it because of his confession to the real story before the fight happened. Matthew Kim blamed himself for forcefully kissing Minatozaki Sana on the lips. The man have no relationship with Chou Tzuyu but he have known Minatozaki Sana ever since the Korea-America business partnership by the Minatozakis' Company had started. Even though there are no evidence of him kissing Minatozaki Sana on the lips, but there are no individuals to bring up the story again since Matthew Kim have made the confession' 

 

   

Tzuyu turned and looked back at Matthew, "You lied to them" 

 

   

"It's the only way to end it" replied Matthew 

 

   

"You are willing to sacrifice your image" said Tzuyu 

 

   

"After ruining your family, career and your image? I deserve to do something to myself. But you know what? I feel good after telling it out to the press, even though it wasn't true" 

 

   

Then Matthew resumed his words, "And about Jeong, he have nothing to do with this. He's just an innocent young guy" 

 

   

Tzuyu nodded. After that, Matthew started walking away. But Tzuyu stopped him by calling him. 

 

 "Hey" 

 

   

Matthew turned around to look at him. 

 

   

"I'm sorry for beating you that hard. And I'm sorry for your loss" 

Matthew replied, "Just take good care of your wife". Then he left the place. 

  

************* 

  

 

Meanwhile, at the cafeteria, Jeongyeon bought himself and Nayeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter