Chapter 13

Aphrodite II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the phone call from Chaeyoung, Tzuyu continued to roam around the city. He just followed where the road leads. When he reached a dead end, he would reverse his car and enter a new road. 

 

  

 

Tzuyu sighed and started to think about the incident/scene. 

 

  

 

Flashback 

 

  

 

Back at Seoul University, after he met with the family members, he went to search for Sana. A lot of people recognized him because of the jersey he was wearing. He bowed a little bit and smiled to those who greeted him. 

 

  

 

When he reached an alley, he saw Sana was being hugged by another man. From where he was standing, Sana was facing the other way. It was a minute long hug. And his wife didn't seem to pry away, even though she did not returned the hug. The man who was hugging her, had a relieved smile on his face. Tzuyu's smile quickly fade away. 

 

  

 

End Of Flashback 

 

  

 

"Why would she let that guy hug her?" 

 

  

 

"And she shouted at me. Sana never do that" 

 

  

 

He sighed once again and rubbed his temple. 

 

  

 

"Sana, what is going on here?" 

  

************* 

  

 

At Satzu's house, in the guest room which had turned into Nayeon's temporary room, Nayeon was sitting on her bed while hugging her knees. In front of her was placed her iPhone. 

 

  

 

She just looked at the blinking screen. It was the 14th Jeongyeon called her, but she answered none of it. 

More miscalls and more text messages came in. It went on for about two hours. 

 

 

Nayeon sighed and tucked herself with the thick blanket. 

 

  

 

"I trusted you Jeong.." she whispered to herself before falling asleep. 

  

************** 

  

 

"Hi this is Nayeon! Sorry I can't pick up my phone right now. Leave a message okay? Bye!" 

 

  

 

"Hey babe. It's me again. Please call me as soon as you get this" 

 

  

 

Jeongyeon hung up the phone. He decided to stop for now. He had lost count how many miscalls and text messages he gave to Nayeon. He ran his palm all over his face and sighed. 

 

  

 

He walked towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water. He was at Matthew's house. A few hours ago he called a doctor to come and check on Matthew. Now, his cousin was asleep and he decided to stay overnight there. While he was on his way to the kitchen, he saw Somin's picture on the wall. It was a very lovely picture. Next to it, it was her wedding picture with Matthew standing behind her while giving her a back hug. 

 

  

 

"No wonder he's onto Sana noona. She does look like Somin" Jeongyeon talked to himself. 

 

  

 

He entered the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. Suddenly, he heard footsteps. He turned around and saw his cousin holding the side of his own head. 

 

 

 

 

"You're awake" said Jeongyeon 

 

  

 

"What's that smell?" Matthew asked 

 

  

 

"Aah. That must be the medicine oil on your face. The doctor applied some for your bruises" Jeongyeon took a sip of the plain water 

 

  

 

"You brought me here?" Matthew took a sit at the kitchen counter 

 

  

 

"Well I did not literally bring you here. Some securities downstairs helped me to carry you" 

 

  

 

"Thanks" said Matthew 

 

  

 

"Water?" 

 

  

 

"No thanks" 

 

  

 

Then silence surrounded them. A few seconds later, Jeongyeon broke it. 

 

 

"So, Sana huh?" 

 

  

 

"Oh about that -" 

 

  

 

"You seriously think that Sana can fulfil what you need?" Jeongyeon smirked 

 

  

 

"Look it was just a misunderstanding okay" 

 

  

 

"Yeah, I can see that. And you are the cause of it" 

 

  

 

"Yes I know Jeong and can you please stop blabbering? You're not really helping me" 

 

  

 

"No I'm not done talking. You are one selfish man, hyung. Sorry to say like that but you are. You wish that you can see Somin again with her three months pregnant tummy and you see Sana noona as Somin. That's so wrong hyung" 

 

  

 

"I know I was wrong can you please shut up?" 

 

  

 

"No you shut up! It's time for you to wake up hyung! And also to teach you some lesson" 

 

  

 

"Teach me some lessons? Look at my face! How many 'lessons' do you think I've received by just one person?" Matthew stood up and pointed at his own face 

 

  

 

"A lot and you deserved it. Listen Matthew hyung. Let me describe your personality before you got the taste of the fists from Chou Tzuyu. Selfish, jerk, stubborn, and arrogant. And where these come from? Right after Somin left" 

 

  

 

Matthew was dumbfounded by the words from his younger cousin. He had never seen this side of Jeongyeon. He sat down again and remained silent. 

 

  

 

"You were deeply in love with Somin. Even after she left, you are still so in love with her but you misused it. You tried to use someone else just to get what you want. You used Sana noona. Hyung, you should be glad that she was kind to you. But look what you've done? People around you are in a miserable condition, hyung" 

 

  

 

Jeongyeon resumed his words, "Tzuyu hyung got mad at you. You made Sana noona sad. Now because of you, I'm the victim here. Tzuyu hyung thinks that you and I are together on this. Which makes Nayeon to not return my calls. You also caused Tzuyu hyung's reputation to be affected. Maybe even worse, his career" 

 

  

 

Matthew changed his gaze from his cousin to the floor. He felt the guilt. 

 

  

 

"Hyung, think about it. If you wouldn't have done anything to Sana noona, none of this would happen. None of it. But now look at you. You've got what you want but you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter