You Again

Open Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The company Moonbyul, Hyunsik, Minhyuk and Chandong worked for had organised their annual charity event a few weeks later. Minhyuk and Hyunsik were helping out with the technical side in the main hall when Moonbyul and Chandong were welcoming guests outside. When his work was done, Minhyuk stepped outside to see how Moonbyul and Chandong were doing. He stopped dead on his tracks as he saw the person he did not want to see... If possible... Ever. He groaned in his head as he realised that the person had also seen him.

He also caught a glimpse of Moonbyul’s worried eyes and gave her a small smile. He told her he had a headache and that he would be back later when it becomes better. Honestly, he just needed a reason to leave then. Minhyuk took refuge outside the main ballroom, by the country club’s swimming pool. He sighed into his hands letting all his frustrations out. It had been an hour since his not so gracious exit and he was disappointed that he was affected this much.

"Boo." A voice came from behind Minhyuk making him turn around to see the last girl he wanted to see- standing behind him wearing a hesitant yet comfortable smirk.

Yura then approached the bench he sat on and sat next to him, facing the opposite way before letting out a playful, dramatic sigh, "I knew you'd be here in attempt to avoid me."

"Can you blame me?" He snorted and chuckled all at once. He then turned to face her and followed her gaze. Through the ballroom windows, her date could be clearly spotted. He smiled slightly before turning back to her, "So, is he the one then?"

She tore her gaze away from the window before setting it on Minhyuk and she blinked a few times before she pursed her lips and began to think. A small smile then appeared on her lips as she sat up a bit straighter. "I'm still figuring that out but I think he might be."

She watched as he nodded and turned away from her again. She then felt her heart get heavy all over again, she felt a little bit guilty showing up and bringing back unwanted memories for him. She felt even worse now that he wouldn’t even look at her.

"I really didn't know it was your company’s charity dinner. By the time I found out, I've already agreed to accompany him." She confessed apologetically.

"Aniya. It's fine." Minhyuk as he sighed slightly. "I'm over it."

"Are you really? Because it doesn't seem like that to me at all." Yura said as she unconsciously raised her voice slightly but not in a rude manner. She then took in his blank expression before elaborating, "The first thing you did when you saw me was paled as if you saw a ghost and made excuses to leave."

"-" Minhyuk opened his mouth to retort but Yura was having none of it as she silenced him immediately with her following words.

"I'm not here to listen to you denying it." She said firmly. She took a couple of breaths before her eyes softened again along with her voice and tone. "I just wanted to apologise."

"It seems like I hurt you a little bit more than I had known." She continued on as he said nothing. Minhyuk tore his gaze away from whatever he was staring at to look directly into her sincere eyes. "I'm sorry, Minhyuk oppa. I really am."

"It's okay." He said quietly sighing. He suppose that he was the one who was making it even harder than it already was. He decided to be a better friend to Yura then, "I was expecting things from you that you couldn't give."

"I always thought that you were a hopeless romantic when it came to love...” Yura started before glancing once again through the windows to her date who was talking to other people animatedly with an unconscious smile playing on her lips, "But now I'm starting to understand why."

Minhyuk followed her gaze once more before turning back and nodding. In silence, he was very happy that she felt the way she did for the man she came with. But he must admit, he felt a bit jealous that he hadn’t found his special someone yet. They sat in comfortable silence before Yura broke it.

"It's crazy isn't it? How you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter