It's A Date

Open Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Would you maybe be free anytime this week for dinner?" Minhyuk asked nervously as he sat in one of the chairs in front of Moonbyul's desk. She was writing away in her notepad her comments on a meeting she previously attended. He took a breath before continuing, "Because there's this place that I think you'll like."

"Oh?" She asked as she paused to re-read her sentence. Her eyes glanced at him for a split second before she continued to write again. "Sure. Is Hyunsik coming?"

"I don't think so." He said as he cracked his brain to find a way to make her realise his intentions.

"Oh so it's just us then?" She asked casually, her hands busy at work.

"Yeah. I just thought the two of us can do something together." He said carefully watching her. All he got though was an approving hum from her as she continued to write. He then realised that perhaps, he was being a bit too general, "... Like a date."

Moonbyul stopped writing as soon as the words escaped his mouth. After she was convinced she wasn't hearing things, she slowly lifted her head to stare at him. He was rubbing the back of his neck, looking around desperately trying to avoid her eyes.

"What did you say?" She asked with her voice barely above a whisper.

He turned to face her and took a deep breath before sitting up straighter. He cleared his throat, getting nervous all over again.

"I was wondering if you would be interested in going on a date with me this Friday." He said calmly even though his heart was racing in the speed of light. He saw her blink a few times before her eyebrows furrowed.

"Wha- why?" She placed her pen down carefully as she eyed the man before her. "If this is about what I said the other day then you don-"

"Because I like you." He said softly, cutting her off.

Was she dreaming? Did he finally notice that she existed... as a woman? When did that happen?

"What?" Was all she managed to let out.

He looked to her again and let out a nervous chuckle at her expression. He was scared that this would happen. He rubbed the back of his neck again as he avoided her eyes again.

"I think I've always liked you." "It just took a while for me to realise it, I guess."
He watched as she avoided his gaze as she lifted the folders on her desk and retrieved her phone to check her phone. She checked her week's schedule.

"I uh, I...” Moonbyul stuttered as her eyes darted nervously from her planner to Minhyuk, unsure of which one to look at. She then settled on her planner. "This Friday?"

"Yes." He then saw her biting her lip in which he tore his eyes away from her. He was sure that she was going to come up with an excuse on why she can't make it. Probably due to a meeting. He was ready with his response, he would suggest Saturday or Sunday if she was free.

"Ok." Came a small, unsure somewhat hesitant voice from in front of him. His head snapped up and saw her eyes on him.

"Ok?" He repeated, as if asking her if she said yes.

"Ok." She said again. This time, with a bit more certainty in her voice and Minhyuk wanted nothing more than to jump in joy right there and then in her office.

 

"Someone's in a good mood." Hyunsik voiced out after taking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter