Far from You

Open Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk walked through the halls to a place he knew all too well. He then saw her there, on her work station- he smirked to himself as he noticed she was the only one who hasn't gone home. He approached her carefully, making sure she heard his footsteps so she wouldn't be startled.

"Hey." He greeted her softly as he reached her work station. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Oh hey. Is there something you need?" She asked him casually looking up to him in between her mouse clicks. He shook his head and she smiled again. She then noticed that he hadn't moved or spoken since their greeting. She leant back on her chair and observed him. He seemed to be thinking about something. She chuckled and got his attention, "Is there something you think you need?"

He chuckled along and gave her an innocent smile, "I was just wondering if you were free to talk."

"I am." At that note, she saved her work and logged off her computer as well. She turned to him again and gave him her full attention. "What's up?"

He looked slightly hesitant before he gave her another smile, "Over coffee, maybe?"

Moonbyul’s eyebrows raised slightly before she smiled and nodded. She got up and grabbed her coat and her handbag before gesturing Minhyuk to lead the way. They found a small, cozy café that was not too packed and decided to grab coffee from there. They found a good spot to sit where they could talk comfortably. To say Moonbyul was curious on what Minhyuk wanted to say was an understatement.

"I talked to Hyunsik," Minhyuk started, gaining Moonbyul's attention as they sat on one of the low tables in the café. "And I realised that I haven't been such a great friend lately. I just wanted to apologise for it."

"You don't have to. Really, we understand" Moonbyul felt bad that he felt the way he did. She thought it was unfair for him to be so hard on himself.

She wanted nothing more than to take him into her arms and comfort him. Though his heart was lifted again when he smiled sincerely at her words. She smiled back before taking another sip of her coffee.

“Hyunsik also said that you applied for the manager post in IT?" He stated carefully, not knowing how to tell her that he knew. He didn't want to make her feel bad or anything but he wants to hear it from her as well.

"Oh that." Moonbyul said as her eyes turned wary. She then looked to him and was comforted by his kind eyes telling her to tell him more of it. "I wanted to tell you about it but I thought against it. I ended up only telling my parents and the girls. I'm sorry if it surprised you."

"Aniya, its fine. Hyunsik said he heard it through the grapevines anyway." He said with a kind smile. "So, when does the verdict come out?"

"Friday." She a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter