Blind

Open Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ugh!" Lee Minhyuk groaned as he slammed his briefcase onto his table causing the worker next to him to jump.

"What is it this time, hyung?" Im Hyunsik asked as he took his coffee filled mug up to his lips and took a careful sip, eying the man next to him.

"Nothing. Women are just so confusing." He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair before apologising and excusing himself. As he headed out the door, a fellow co-worker entered. She gave a slight bow as she crossed his path.

"Good morn-" Only to have him grunt under his breath and continued on his way not even slowing his footsteps at all. Moon Byul Yi clicked her tongue as she watched him exit, rather abruptly, "Or not."

Moonbyul continued in and stopped when she saw Hyunsik at his desk. She raised her eyebrows and nodded her head to the direction of which Minhyuk went. Hyunsik smiled apologetically and shook his head lightly,

"Don't mind him. Girl problems again."

Moonbyul chuckled as she brought her thermos up to her cheeks, a habit she realised she developed when she was bored- before she jokingly said, "What's new?"

She then proceeded to walk the rest of the hallway, making necessary turns here and there to get her work space. She sighed as she looked over her workload. She stretched her neck, back and fingers as she waited for her computer to start before rolling up her sleeves and beginning to work. It was going be a long day for her.

Knock knock!

Two knocks on her desk made her jump and brought her out of her thoughts. Her head snapped up to see who the culprit who had ruin her concentration was. Hyunsik stood over her, smirking as he held up his lunch box obviously asking her to join him for lunch. Moonbyul’s eyes went wide as she glanced to the wall clock.

"Is it lunch already?! Finally!!" She exclaimed, saving all her work on the computer and getting up. She rearranged the files and papers on her work desk neatly before grabbing her lunch box and heading to the pantry with Hyunsik.

Moonbyul, Minhyuk and Hyunsik have always had lunch in the office pantry together since they had started working there. They found it easier and more efficient for them, not to mention, it also allowed them to save more of their income. However, lately, it has just been Moonbyul and Hyunsik who have been in the pantry since Minhyuk has started meeting a special someone almost every other day for lunch.

Speak of the devil, Minhyuk’s fast footsteps headed to the pantry during lunch hour. He sighed in relief as he saw his two friends on one of the long tables- making it their own since hardly no one else used the pantry during lunch. Minhyuk approached them, taking careful steps as he tried to gather his thoughts. He knew very well he owed at least one of them an apology for his behaviour today.

"Byul ah" Minhyuk called as he plopped himself next to her on the bench. Moonbyul who had been unpacking her lunch box while talking to Hyunsik, looked up to him and smiled.

"Nae?" She answered as she started stirring the glass noodles she packed, her eyes alternating from the glass noodles to Minhyuk every half a second.

"I just wanted to apologise for this morning." He said sincerely. Moonbyul’s movements paused and her eyebrows raised slightly at him. He took a deep breath before continuing,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter