Something

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

 

Jong Kook is running across the hospital after receiving a call from his senior. He felt bad that he had to leave his mom just like that but according to his senior, this is urgent. “Ah… I’ll just treat mom to dinner soon. Or just send her and dad to a trip in Jeju.” he thought.

 

Arriving in Dr. Oh’s office, his senior, the old man greeted him with a smile. “Ah! You’re here! Sorry to interrupt your break but this is urgent.” Jong Kook smiled at him and said, “It’s okay, Dr. Oh. No need to apologize. So what is this about?” he asked. “Our partner hospital in Muju is understaffed. We need you to lead the group of doctors and nurses that will be stationed there for at least 2 weeks to help.” Dr. Oh stated. “Will that be okay with you?” “Are you sure that you wanted me to lead?”Jong Kook asked. “Of course! Even though we really need you here, I believe that sending you there as a leader will be a good experience for you.” Dr. Oh answered. “When do I leave?” Jong Kook asked. “The day after tomorrow.” Dr. Oh said.

 

Ji Hyo looked at the man before her. His eyes were small but what made him standout aside from his muscular body, and tanned skin is his chiseled looks. She can’t help but admire his high cheekbones, his prominent jaws and his sharp nose. The man smiled shyly at her and it showed his dimples. Looking at him in awe, “This man is gorgeous.” she thought to herself. “You’ve been waiting for me?” the man asked. His baritone voice surprised her even more. She wonders if he can sing. “Miss?” the man asked again. Ji Hyo snapped out of her reverie. She cleared and asked, “Aren’t you the mountain ranger they sent?” she walked towards him limping. “Oh! You sprained your left ankle.” the man observed. “Yeah. I was too distracted by the view to pay attention to the path…” for some reason, Ji Hyo’s heartbeat started beating fast. She can’t explain why but even though this man is a stranger, she feels safe.

 

“Well, I’m not a mountain ranger but I am a doctor. Let me help you.” the man said to her. She really is in awe of him that she can’t trust herself to speak so she just nodded. The man looked around and saw a boulder. He held his hand out for her, “I’m Kim Jong Kook, by the way. I’m a doctor in a hospital in Seoul but I was transferred here to help.” “My name is Song Ji Hyo. I’m here for vacation…” she said as she took Jong Kook’s hand. “Can I call you Ji Hyo?” he asked as he wrapped her right arm on his waist and wrapped his arm on his shoulder. “Lean on me…” he said in a slow voice. Ji Hyo’s heart started beating even faster and it’s getting hard for her to breath.

 

“What is happening to me? This is the first time this happened…” she wondered. As she sat down on the boulder, Jong Kook looked at her in the eye and she felt like fireworks shot through her. She felt her cheeks getting warmer and then Jong Kook suddenly put his hand on her forehead and then her neck. “Huh. You looked flushed but you don’t have a fever. Are you sure that you just injured your ankle? Your head didn’t bump into anything?” he asked.

 

Still, she can’t trust herself to speak so she just nodded. Jong Kook kneeled in front of her and he examined her left ankle. She just sat there staring at him. “Why am I feeling this way? I’ve dated in college but I never felt this. Just who is this man?” she thought to herself.

 

“Ah!” she felt pain when he tried to rotate her ankle. Jong Kook looked up to her and their eyes met. “This is the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen…” she thought. “Are you okay?” she heard him ask her. “Yeah.” she answered. “Well, it think it’s worse than it looks. And it’s gonna be dark soon. How about I piggyback you until we reached the foot of the mountain?” Jong Kook asked her. Still in her blank st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter