Realizations

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “I’ve never seen you so happy…” Jong Kook said. “I know. Everything is perfect. Even though it’s hard, my family is the one that makes me do it. And I’m loving every second of it…” Tae Hyun said.

 

           Without getting a response after a short while, Tae Hyun looked at Jong Kook. He saw his friend looking pensive.

 

         “I saw her again…” Jong Kook said. “She’s with her husband, and their baby…” “Oh…” was all Tae Hyun could say.

 

          “How is it that I’m the one she betrayed, I’m the one who got hurt but she’s the one who’s happy now? Don’t I deserve to be happy?” Jong Kook asked.

 

           “Can I be honest with you?” Tae Hyun asked. Jong Kook nodded the Tae Hyun continued, “It’s because you think of her as the only one who can give you happiness. You gave her so much that you left nothing for yourself. And because you were so in love with her, you only saw what you wanted to see. You only felt what you wanted to feel. And because of that, you didn’t see the problems. You gave her so many chances not because you love her but you are willing to settle with her.”

 

            “Honestly, even before, I already knew that you both won’t be able to work it out. I just didn’t say anything because I thought you were happy.” Tae Hyun sighed. “But you know what, the solution to your problem is easy. Just open up your heart. Go out there. Meet new people. Don’t let one person determine your happiness. Because you create your own happiness.”

 

             After a few minutes, Jong Kook took a deep breath, realizing the truth in his friend’s words. “Thanks. I really needed to hear that…” he said. “I’ve got to go…”

 

           “You sure you’re okay?” Jong Kook nodded. “Just call me if you need me, okay?” Tae Hyun said. “As if I do.” Jong Kook said. Both men smiled and Jong Kook left.

 

            Opening her apartment door, Ji Hyo entered her haven. She inhaled that scent of Lavender, a staple in her home and felt at ease. Turning on the lights, she was greeted with her Japanese-inspired minimalist-yet-homey style. Going straight to the kitchen, she got a glass of water. On the dining area, with white walls, hung a big painting. It depicts the artist’s vision of spring.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter