A Breath of Fresh Air

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Have you heard?” Tae Hyun asked. Jong Kook looked up to his friend, putting down his chopsticks. “Heard what?” he asked. “That the granddaughter of the chairman of Song Group of Companies was rushed into ER yesterday afternoon! You wete there right? Have you seen her? Is she beautiful?” Tae Hyun flodded Jong Kook with his questions. “First, you’re married. Second, no, I did not see her. And third, why not just search her photos online?” he answered. “And why was she rushed into ER anyway?” he continued. “Well, there aren’t any photos of her online except for some childhood photos. I heard that she’s a very private person that’s why her grandfather made sure that her face won’t appear anywhere.” Tae Hyun said.

 

When he looked at his bestfriend, he saw that Jong Kook looks like he’s in a daze. He waved his hand in his face but he didn’t react. He pretended to punch him in the face, still no reaction. He shaked his friend, “Hey. Hey! What’s wrong with you?” Jong Kook jolted and said, “What?” Tae Hyun slowly shook his head and asked, “You met someone, didn’t you?”

 

“Huh?” Jong Kook answered. Tae Hyun gave him a long hard stare and he Jong Kook finally spoke, “Well, it’s not like we met… I just bumped into this lady in the street…” Jong Kook looked down on his plate and started playing with his food… “Go on…” Tae Hyun said, amusement apparent in his voice. “I accidentally touched her hand for a split second and…” Jong Kook trailed. “And then what?”Tae Hyun said, trying to control his laughter. Jong Kook looked at Tae Hyun and Tae Hyun saw something in his best friend’s eyes. “Oh, crap. This is serious.” Tae Hyun thought to himself.

 

Jong Kook is debating with himself if he should tell his best friend what he felt. Deciding that it wouldn’t hurt to let Tae Hyun know, he sighed and continued in a low voice, “I felt something I never felt before. Like there’s an electricity that shot through my arm and into my spine. I was so shocked that I didn’t get to apologize to her or even see her face.” Jong Kook sighed. “I just can’t stop thinking about the feeling.” he said. He leaned back on his chair, waiting to be laughed at by Tae Hyun. Instead, he heard Tae Hyun’s phone ring. Tae Hyun looked at it, stood up and said to him, “Look for her.” with a serious face. Tae Hyun tapped his left shoulder and left.

 

“Grandpa, I’m okay. You have nothing to worry about. I’m fine…” Ji Hyo tried to calm his grandfather. She’s now transferred to the hospital’s presidential suite to ensure her privacy. “Have you seen your lab test results? Everything is not okay! I trusted you to take care of yourself. Why did you push yourself again?” Her grandfather took a deep breath and said, “Your parents are on their way back here.” “They don’t have too. They have lots of things to do there in London.” she said. “Anyway, I’ll leave you to rest. Call me or Kwang Soo if you need or want anything.” her grandfather said. “Yes. Thanks grandpa. I’m sorry for making you worry…” she said. Her grandfather kissed her on the forehead and left.

 

“You wanted to visit me here?” Jong Kook asked his mom. “Of course! I want to see my son’s work place. And I’ll bring you your favorite food.” his mom said happily. Jong Kook really can’t say no to his mother so he agreed to her wishes. As he put down his phone, he remembered the flower shop where he got Tae Hyun’s flowers for his wife.

 

After his shift, he went to Felicity. When he opened the door, he was greeted by the same tall guy. “Are you here to pick up flowers, sir?” the guy asked. “No. I was wondering if I can order flowers for today.” Jong Kook answered. “Oh. I’m so sorry but our florist is in the hospital and she’s the only one who’s allowed to arrange flowers here… but if you want, I can make them f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter