Ouija

Of Ghosts And Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week flew by faster than it should have. Jungkook's eyes drifted to the door every few seconds as he swirled the remains of his beer around the base of the bottle.

“You want another one?” Yerin asked as she jerked her head towards the kitchen. Her hair had been dyed a deep hue of red (Jungkook wasn't a pro when it came to naming anything other than the basic colours) and twisted on the top of her head into a messy bun. He had lost count of the amount of times he had tried to stick a pen in her infamous buns without the woman noticing.

“Not yet,” Jungkook rejected her offer as he narrowed his gaze at her hair, entirely convinced that trying anything funny with her would result in a painful journey back home.

House parties were most definitely not like the ones seen on television, and this party clearly had no desire in breaking out of the mold. Clusters of hormone driven boys and girls milled about, some congregating in the kitchen, some lounging on the sofa, and a few by the poolside. The music was playing at a reasonable volume, and Jungkook had the urge to go knock the radio off and play some music from his playlist.

Yerin raised an eyebrow and nudged his shoulder. “You realise that you don't have to wait for Yugyeom to have a good time, right?” It seemed that this little devil’s main goal tonight was to verbally spar with him at any given time.

“I promised him I'd wait,” Jungkook sighed as he rolled his neck side to side, easing up the tension knotting at the crook between his neck and shoulder. “I can't get drunk without him.”

Yerin released a deep huff and crossed her arms, clearly irritated that she had lost a potential drinking buddy. “I'm too jealous to stay friends with you. Why does the football player always come first?”

“Seniority,” Jungkook replied as he tried his best to avoid looking at her new lip ring. “Also, he's bringing Yoona.” He reached up to scratch the back of his scalp with a scowl, not quite able to forget how hard she had yanked on his hair for calling her flat chested.

He hadn't meant it, of course not. He’d had have to be blind not to notice that Yoona had been one of the chosen few in this dreary neighbourhood to be blessed with a very nice pair of-

“Huh,” Yerin nodded in interest, effectively cutting his erted thoughts mid-track. “That should be interesting. I've always wondered if she's as awful as you make her out to be.”

“She's not awful,” Jungkook quickly cleared up as he set his bottle of beer down. Where were the siblings?

“You complain about her enough.”

“Annoying,” he corrected her, “not awful.”

Yerin hummed in amusement as she surveyed him carefully from the corner of her eye. “You always had a thing for annoying girls. Remember your ex-girlfriend?”

And at the same moment Jungkook opened his mouth to protest, Yugyeom whizzed past with a flustered Yoona in tow, hands on her shoulders as he quickly steered past curious eyes to get his little sister to safety.

Away from safety as in far, far away from boys.

Yerin shoved Jungkook aside unceremoniously as she openly gaped at the siblings. “You never said that she was hot!”

“I didn’t,” Jungkook mumbled as he narrowed his gaze at the fantastic view of her legs that Yoona was giving the curious eyes trailing after her. Why the hell was her dress so short? “Why don’t you go talk to her and be a friend?”

Yerin looked surprised for a moment as she took a step away. “Really now? Are you just saying this because you don’t want her to have any friends that are strictly confined to the male variety?”

But before Jungkook could open his mouth to tell her it sounded like an okay idea for Yoona to have at least one female friend in this neighbourhood, Yerin had already disappeared with a scoff.

 


Why were there so many boys? Where were all the girls? Did she just pass an actual snack dispenser? What was happening?

One of the things that Yoona had been excited about when she decided to move -apart from leaving a horde of angry ghosts behind in her path- was the bright possibility of making new friends. Friends as in the female gender, since she didn’t really have a girlfriend to braid each other’s hair and sip green tea with back in Jeju.

Actually, she didn’t have any friends to begin with, so perhaps it was best that she stayed less picky.

But honestly, wasn’t this a going away party for the quarterback of the football team? Weren’t football teams primarily associated with a group of overzealous cheerleaders? Where were the pom-poms? Out of the twenty odd people here, so far she had only seen about two or three girls.

“Okay, if they say anything inappropriate, you have my permission to throw punches,” Yugyeom mumbled as he gestured towards a group of boys heckling each other at the corner.

“I really only use Jungkook and you as a punching bag, but if you insist,” Yoona mumbled as she noticed one of the boys seemed to have his eyes solely focused on her.

“Hey, guys,” Yugyeom greeted as he drew the attention of the group.

The boy who had been staring at her immediately pounced forward, the drink in his cup sloshing around to drip on the carpet. “Oh wow! It’s really you!” He grinned brilliantly as he grabbed Yoona’s hand to give it a vigorous shake. “You really do look like Yugyeom!”

There was a certain sparkle to his eye when he mentioned her brother’s name. Yoona grinned and nodded, glancing sideways at Yugyeom for help, or an explanation at-least. She had gotten used to people knowing about her - a side effect of Yugyeom blabbering about her existence to literally everyone he knew - but this guy was a little too excited.

“My name is Yoona,” she introduced herself as she looked bemusedly down at their hands, still clasped together and shaking in earnest. “I’m sorry, I didn’t get your name?”

“Oh!” He laughed and took his hand back when Yugyeom rolled his eyes and smacked the limb away. “I’m BamBam. I’ve always wanted to talk to you, but your brother over here always spirited you away before I could even get close.”

Yoona thought that this guy seemed harmless, in a cute kind of way. “I know, Yugyeom’s told me a lot about you.” Actually, her brother hadn’t mentioned this person at all, but BamBam didn’t need to know this.

“He did?” BamBam’s smile faltered for a second in confusion. “About... about me?” he asked in a low murmur as his eyes darted around the small circle of friends nervously, as if afraid of being caught. 

“Yeah, totally.”

“Oh, I...” BamBam blinked at Yoona before redirecting his gaze towards her brother, who looked as if he had just been accused of murder. BamBam was smiling widely - the kind of smile that someone usually donned when they were about to burst into tears of joy.

Yoona raised a brow and looked at her brother, then at BamBam, then back at Yugyeom. Wait. What exactly was going on?

And then all of a sudden she was yanked back from the back of her jacket and spun around to face a nostril flaring Jungkook. Yoona ducked down and pretended to peer up his nose. “Woah,” she gasped in amazement. “I think I can see China!”

“Stop that,” Jungkook snapped as he pushed her head away. “What the hell are you wearing?”

“I didn’t realise that you were that stupid to not know that this,” Yoona pointed down, “is a skirt.”

“I know what a skirt is,” Jungkook ground out in irritation. Good lord, his temper went from practically non-existent to a five foot tall flame in just a span of three seconds in Yoona’s company. “What I don’t understand is why you have to wear such a short one to a party full of idiots.”

“This isn’t short,” Yoona scrunched her nose as she looked down to inspect the skirt. “Dad and Yugyeom didn’t say anything about it being too short. It’s halfway up the knee. Isn’t it pretty?”

“Yes, yes, very pretty,” Jungkook muttered absently as he snapped his fingers at the one of the football players, Hoseok, eyeing Yoona up and down. “What the hell are you looking at? This is Yugyeom’s sister. Baby sister.”

Hoseok blinked and made a little ‘O’ shape with his mouth before laughing nervously. “Sorry,” he mumbled and made a peace sign. “I’ll ogle someone else.”

“Yo!” The boy he had been speaking to shoved Hoseok aside to grab Yoona’s hand and pump it up and down in earnest. “So y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter