Get Out

Of Ghosts And Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Patience had never been her strong point, and Yoona was left to reflect upon this as she stabbed at the doorbell for the umpteenth time. It had been approximately fifteen minutes since she had watched Yugyeom ride off into the sunset with his boyfriend while she was left in the care of the devil next door with cloven hooves.

“Answer the door, you thick browed moron,” she hissed, bitterly fighting off the shudder that threatened to shake her entire frame as a particularly cold gust of wind tore past the street. This time, instead of holding the doorbell down for a prolonged amount of time, she decided to kick things up a notch by pressing the bell to the tune of the happy birthday song.

Just as she was at the last verse, the door flew open to reveal a quite disgruntled, and very shirtless looking Jungkook.

“I could kill you right now,” he glared at her through narrowed lids. His voice was hoarse with sleep, hair an unkempt disarray, and clearly not sporting enough clothes to fend of the cold weather. “I was sleeping.”

Frowning at the lack of a shirt, Yoona gestured at the smooth planes of his stomach. “Is this how you greet all the guests? With the promise of permanently someone’s eyesight?”

Jungkook truly did resist the strong urge to grab the infuriating woman by the ear and fling her across the town. But then again, he did promise Yugyeom he would look after her, and that would be difficult to do if Jungkook was framed for her murder. So scowling, he begrudgingly opened the door fully and gestured for her to come inside. “You’re letting the cold in,” he explained with a grunt as she flitted past. “Go wait for me in the living room while I grab a shirt.”

Yoona was immediately left with a trail of dust in his wake as he jogged up the stairs, disappearing from sight soon after. Irritation simmering down to a low broil, Yoona walked down the narrow hallway, occasionally glancing at the copious amounts of picture frames hung on the right side wall.

The last time she has been here, Jungkook’s mother had been alive. Yoona could still remember how his mother and her would giggle over frosting cupcakes with terrible accuracy. His woman had always been a fresh breeze like that. Whenever she would notice Yugyeom and Jungkook leave Yoona behind, she would gather the little girl into her arms and bring her inside for some quality girl time.

Yoona was brought back to reality when Jungkook all but shoved past with a huff, making his way into the den. Resisting the urge to roll her eyes, she followed suit, making sure to brush her fingers across the single black and white portrait of Jungkook’s mother as she walked passed.

“Oh my god, were you here when the hurricane passed through or do you just enjoy living like this?” Yoona asked as she frowned at the state of the room. There was a laundry basket filled to the brim with crumpled clothes, an array of crushed soda cans lined haphazardly on the edge of the coffee table, and the mantle looked as though it hadn’t quite been dusted in good few months. Was Jungkook hounding off her home in order to avoid cleaning up the mess in his own home?

Jungkook appraised her carefully as he moved some magazines off the sofa to make room for himself. Once he was settled, he shot the woman a frighteningly bright smile and patted the space next to him. “Before I impart sound knowledge, would you care to sit down and take some weight off those cloven hooves?”

Yoona couldn’t even begin to muster the patience needed to tolerate the idiot. “Are you calling me the devil?”

“No, I’m calling you a goat.” Jungkook‘s smile disappeared as he wrinkled his nose in distaste. “You goat.”

The so-called goat pinched the bridge of her nose and held up a lone finger. “Jungkook, before I start counting to five and kick your balls so far up your throat that you’ll be able to taste them, tell me how we can fix me.”

He held his hands up in surrender and sank further into the sofa. “I’m going to have to make some calls.” And then, as if just realising how tedious this would be for him, he looked heavenward and heaved a deep sigh. “I’ll have to consult a couple of clairvoyants later on.”

“Well, seeing as you literally have nothing else to do except drink sodas and read trashy magazines,” Yoona grinned as she plopped down the seat next to him, narrowly avoiding kneeing him in the ribs, “you can do it now.”

“Kid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter