What's The Big Deal?

Of Ghosts And Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don't understand why you're stressing out so much over this,” Jungkook mumbled loud enough to be heard as he shook his head.

Yugyeom was fretting about the room organising everything and then flitting back to reorganise the same thing. Jungkook sighed. The whole thing reeked of trying too hard, and he absolutely refused to get on board with this nonsense.

“Will you just shut up and help me?” Yugyeom snapped as he adjusted the picture frame to make sure it was dead centre between the powder blue curtains and bookshelf.

“No,” Jungkook quipped as he hopped off the desk and crossed his arms. “I really don't think she'll notice if the frame is three centimetres too far to the left.”

Yugyeom stilled and squinted his eyes to spot the mistake. “Are you serious?” He stared at the frame as if the power of will itself would summon an alignment grid into existence.

“It is,” Jungkook sang as he plopped down on the bed and kicked his shoes off.

“No, it's not.” After a moment, Yugyeom swore and plucked the frame off the nail, swooping down to pick the hammer off the floor and get back to reposition the nail.

Jungkook couldn't help but crack a grin at the way Yugyeom folded easily like a cheap suit. Of course the man had fallen for the white lie, it was the norm. On a good day, Yugyeom's gullibility was adorable, and today it was stretched to the limit with anticipation.

“Could you get off her bed before your ink stains get on the sheets?” Yugyeom shouted over the thundering sounds of the hammer meeting the nail head.

“I cleaned my fingers before I came over,” Jungkook protested as he glanced down at the tips of his fingers. They were spotless of any blue stains. “See?” He held his hands up and wiggled his fingers. “Beauty at its best.”

Yugyeom stepped back after hanging the frame in its new spot to scrutinise his work. After he nodded in satisfaction he turned around to snap his fingers at Jungkook. “I don't care. Get off.”

“Did you just snap your fingers at me?” Jungkook placed a hand on his chest. “How dare you.”

“You're really asking for a kick in the-“

The sharp blast of a car horn had Yugyeom abandoning the rest of his threat as he shot towards the window. After a momentary struggle with the curtains, he mashed his face against the glass and grinned broadly. “She's here!”

Jungkook remained where he was and watched as Yugyeom released a squeal, bounded from the window to the door in one clean leap and thundered down the stairs. Suppressing the strong urge to roll his eyes, Jungkook followed after, albeit with much less enthusiasm.

He hadn't seen Yoona, Yugyeom's younger twin sister, since she had moved with her mother about six years ago. Even a then twelve year old Jungkook had not been oblivious to the sheer brutality of the divorce and its consequential separation. Eager to get away from each other, the newly divorced couple had agreed to split custody of their two children straight down the middle.

The father had gotten Yugyeom while Yoona had been banished to the greenery of Jeju with her mother.

Before everything combusted and went straight down to Hell, the three of them had been inseparable. Well, at least Yugyeom and him had been inseparable (and still were). Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter