Welcome Home

Of Ghosts And Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yoona picked at the sleeve of her jacket as she tried to shake off the ice creeping up her spine.

There were normally a few things that would happen whenever a ghost would wander into her line of sight.

She could feel the bile rising to leave a bitter aftertaste on her tongue and leave dry. She could feel the sharp nails of paranoia begin to scrape languidly up her spine and raise the fine hairs on the back of her neck. She could feel the desperate need and pitiful wails of her mind to just be normal.

She gnawed unrelentingly at her lip, hard enough to draw the iron tang of blood, as her vision zeroed in on the static like apparition dead ahead in the middle of the road.

She cleared her threat and fiddled with the seatbelt buckle as she forced her eyes to concentrate on anything but the way the ghost seemed to sizzle out of existence as the car sliced right through it.

Her father cast her a glance as he shifted gears. “You doing okay there? Want me to turn the A/C down?”

“Actually no,” she gave him a tight smile and swiped at the beads of sweat building up on her hairline. “Can we turn it up?”

“Sure,” he complied easily and reached out to crank the A/C up. “You excited to come back home?”

Home.

It sounded quite unsettled on her tongue. She was forced to move with her mother all the way to Jeju island following the nasty blows of divorce, and there on managed to dodge and stumble over a multitude of ghosts eager to have a word with a clairvoyant.

Not all had been nice.

“Really excited,” Yoona lied breezily as she snapped the band of sweat from her fingers. “Can't wait to see how tall Yugyeom's gotten.”

The mention of her older brother had her father jumping to excitedly prattle on about how Yugyeom had shot up several inches over the last few years, and now easily towered over majority of the town people.

“It's really kind of heart breaking,” he huffed in amusement. “You barely reached my hips when you left, and now you're practically my height.”

Yoona wished she could give her father a lighthearted response to che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter