Chapter 6

Who do you love?

Song for this chapter: You will find me - Alex & Sierra

 

---------

 

Junhoe wakes up with the sun shining down his face. It’s not the morning that made him smile the moment he opened his eyes, but it’s the peaceful face of the person sleeping beside him. Hanbin looks so calm and serene that he would do anything to keep him like this.

 

He stares at the hair falling down Hanbin’s forehead, down to the eyes that always makes him want to drown deep in their depth, to the perfectly shaped nose and down to the lips he wishes to claim someday. A warm feeling creeps up in his heart just watching Hanbin like this. ‘Man..I really did fell for you..”

 

He watches Hanbin like that for a long time before a small smile curves on those lips he’s staring at and sleepy eyes looked at him.

 

“You done staring at my face?” Hanbin says with a slight husky voice and a smirk. Hanbin looks fluffy in the mornings and he thinks this might be his new favorite sight.

 

He chuckles as he taps Hanbin’s cheek. “You’re a bit delusional there, aren’t you?”

 

Hanbin giggles and swats his hand away. “I can feel your eyes on me. Don’t even deny it.”

 

He scoffs as he gets up, rubbing his eyes. “Nonsense. We should get up now, you still need to go to the cafe.”

 

Hanbin doesn’t move and just lied there. “I can go a bit later. I don’t want to get up yet.” He whines.

 

He laughs at Hanbin’s cuteness. If things are a bit different, he would have already lied back on the bed and snuggle up on Hanbin’s neck, but he knows he has to wait for a long time for that. Like, a really long time. ‘But I don’t mind...’ he thought. ‘You are worth waiting for.’

 

“Okay, fine. I’ll just try to prepare breakfast.”

 

Hanbin just nods. “Okay, but please be careful. Don’t burn down my kitchen.”

 

He smirks at him. “Whatever. Go sleep a bit more.” He says as he goes out of the room and went to the kitchen.

 

Junhoe tried very hard not to burn the eggs he’s trying to cook. He’s so focused on cooking that he didn’t notice Hanbin walking in the kitchen. Hanbin was just quiet watching him cook until he finished. He was startled when he turned around and saw Hanbin sitting by the table.

 

“Why do you suddenly show up? I thought you’re sleeping?” He says as he puts the eggs in a plate and put it in the table along with the toast bread.

 

“I’m hungry.” is what Hanbin only says before he starts to eat.

 

“Jeez. Whatever. What time are you going to the cafe?” He say. He also starts eating.

 

“I don’t know. I feel a bit lazy to go there. I don’t have much to do there anyway.” Hanbin says, munching on his piece of toast. He just nods and they eat in peace.

 

“Oh,yeah..uhm Junhoe...why don’t you stay here?” Hanbin asks. He looks at him.

 

“Are...are you sure? Is it okay?” he says cautiously. Hanbin nods.

 

“Yeah. Jinhwan hyung isn’t here anyway, so you can use the other room. And besides, I’m alone here.”

 

“Okay... But i have a question?” Hanbin looks at him.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Is the rent free?” He grins at him.

 

Hanbin laughs. “I thought money isn’t a problem for you?”

 

He scratches the back of his head and smiled awkwardly. “Yeah, but you know, I still have to save a bit.”

 

Hanbin chuckles. “Of course, it’s free. So, don’t worry.”

 

“Good, good.” he smirks and they finished the rest of their food.

 

Hanbin didn’t want to go to the cafe as he still doesn’t have the will to go. He just helped Junhoe get his things from the hotel instead and they spent the rest of the day staying in the house.

 

Time went by so fast and they’re both already dozing off in their rooms.

 

****

 

One week, two weeks have passed and Hanbin’s everyday life isn’t so normal anymore. Mornings have become noisy, afternoons full of bickerings and evenings have become less peaceful. But he doesn’t mind, he’s already fond of Junhoe’s presence.

 

“Hyung!” He hears Junhoe shouts.

 

He’s in his room, changing clothes.

 

“What?!” He shouts back. This too has become a normal thing for them. He didn’t know how he survived Junhoe’s noisiness but he just lets him be, since he can’t really do anything about it.

 

Junhoe didn’t reply, so he just shrugged it off. He’s finished putting on his clothes and went out of his room. He found him sitting on the couch.

 

“What are you so loud for?” 

 

Junhoe grins at him. “Are you going to the cafe?”

 

“Uhm..Yes? Why?” He asks, confused.

 

“Okay. Do you have anything important to do there?”

 

He looks at him with a stern face. “Not really. Just need to check up on them. Why? Can’t you just get straight to the point already?”

 

Junhoe smiles widely. “Let’s go on a picnic!”

 

He squints his eyes on Junhoe. “Are you serious? Picnic? On this hour?! Are you kidding me?”

 

Junhoe looks at his wristwatch. “What’s wrong? It’s only 7:30. Please?” He says as he blinks his eyes again continuously. It really annoys Hanbin whenever Junhoe does it.

 

“7:30 in the evening, Junhoe! It’s not even morning nor afternoon.” He groans. “Is there something missing from your head?”

 

“Nope. Everything’s complete with my head. We can just go stargazing, you know. I’m bored in this house. Just come with me, please?” He tried his very best to persuade Hanbin.

 

He sighs. “Fine!” Junhoe smiles in victory. He really can’t say no to Junhoe when it comes to things like this.

 

He went to grab his jacket and waits for Junhoe by the door. Junhoe comes out of the kitchen holding a basket and walks towards him.

 

“You prepared for this, huh?” He chuckles.

 

“Well, this is the result when Koo Junhoe gets bored.” Junhoe says with a smirk.

 

He just shook his head while smiling and went out first to lead their way. They went to the park where he brought Donghyuk before. They found a place near the lake and spreads out the blanket that Junhoe brought. They just sat there quietly looking up at the sky. There’s no sign of grey clouds and the moon is shining brightly along with the stars.

 

He lets out a deep sigh. “It’s so peaceful here.” he says. Junhoe smiles.

 

“Yeah, it is.” and silence fell around them again.

 

“You want something to drink? Wine, perhaps?” Junhoe asks after some time.

 

He chuckles. “Yeah, sure.”

 

He watches Junhoe pour their drinks on the plastic glasses and gave it to him. He was also offered some chips but he said no. They just sat there, drinking, clearing their minds. He realized that he needed this. Time to think, to clear his mind.

 

“Was it hard for you at first?” Junhoe suddenly asks. He looks at him.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Was it hard for you when you first came here?” He looks away.

 

“Well...yeah. It was. I didn’t know anyone here before and I struggled surviving. But I managed to get by. I managed to make a living. I have a house and a cafe that earns enough for me to live. It’s always hard at first but it’s always about how you manage to get through it.” He says as he pushes his glass to Junhoe to ask for more wine.

 

Junhoe nods as he pours wine into his glass. “Why did you chose to go here? I mean, why Limousin?”

 

He shrugs. “I don’t know. The first place that I thought of when I decided to leave was Limousin. I’ve been here before when I was a kid, and I remember being so amazed by everything that I saw. And the fact that not a lot of you know about this place, I decided to go for it. That’s how I ended up here.”

 

“I see... Hyung, can I ask something?” Junhoe asks as he drinks his wine.

 

“What is it?” Hanbin’s mind slowly getting hazy from the alcohol.

 

“Who was your last relationship with?” It was a sudden question. But he doesn’t mind answering.

 

“It’s kind of funny, you know? How you knew about what happened but didn’t know who I was with. I’m sorry that I always hide a part of the truth that you all deserve to know. I don’t know why I always do that, it’s kind of messed up but I can’t really say it. If you really want to know, it’s Bobby hyung…” He says and drinks his glass empty.

 

Junhoe just hums. “I see..”

 

He leans his head on Junhoe’s shoulder and asked for another glass. He suddenly felt like getting drunk.

 

“I always knew from the start that it was never going to be easy for me and for us,you know.. but I was always stubborn when it comes to love. I really loved him. But I knew it was never going to be a normal relationship, and that not everyone can accept us. But what can I do? I just want to love and be loved, but I think even I don’t deserve that. Not at all..” he says quietly. Junhoe drapes his arms across his shoulder.

 

“That’s not true..” He mutters. “You’re a good person, hyung. Everyone deserves love. And you deserve it not any less than other people.”

 

“I don’t know...Why am I not enough for him, though? Am I not worth keeping?”

 

“Maybe he just didn’t realize it..You are worth more than you ever know…” Junhoe says as he rubs Hanbin’s arms to comfort him.

 

He didn’t say anything. They just stayed like that quietly until they finished the whole bottle of wine. It’s already late, but they both don’t care about the world. They want to be at peace, at least for a while.

 

“You want to know something?” He hears Junhoe asks. He just hums in reply. “I like you..”

 

He went silent at the sudden confession. He calms his heart before answering. “I know…”

 

Junhoe pauses a bit and looks at him as he sits straight up. “How?”

 

He smiles at him. “Because I can feel it.... Your actions gave you away. I’m not oblivious about it, and I’m thankful. Really thankful because you care for me. But I don’t deserve you, Junhoe…” He mutters. “I’m an incomplete mess. You deserve someone so much better than me. You don’t deserve a broken person. All I’m gonna bring you is trouble, and I don’t want to do that to you....”

 

Junhoe looks away and stayed quiet for the rest of the night. They walked back silently into their apartment. He feels sorry for Junhoe, but it’s the only thing he can do to prevent him from being dragged down by his problems and issues. Junhoe deserves so much better.

 

Junhoe follows him on the way to his room, but before he can even open the door, Junhoe has already pulled him and pinned him on the wall. He looks at him, eyes wide open.

 

“I don’t care if you’re a mess, hyung. Just like you, I’m also stubborn when it comes to love. So I decide whether or not to go after you, and like I said, you are worth more than you think you are..” He says quietly and stares intently into his eyes.

 

Junhoe’s mind is hazy and he doesn’t care about anything anymore so he just went straight for Hanbin’s lips and let himself get lost.

 

The kiss was gentle, but with enough force that it took Hanbin’s breath away. A soft sigh escaped Junhoe’s lips that made his stomach sting with all the butterflies. Junhoe’s lips tastes too sweet and he’s too drunk to even care and just let himself get carried away and responded to the kiss.

 

His arms are already wrapped around Junhoe’s neck, deepening the kiss. They’re both too drunk and the kiss is just addicting for the both of them to stop.

 

They were out of breath when they both break away. Junhoe’s hands holding his face, forehead leaning against his.

 

“I know the wine tastes sweet, but I didn’t know it tastes so much sweeter on your lips....” Junhoe whispers that made him blush.

 

A small smile creeps up his face. “I never knew you were that cheesy.”

 

Junhoe chuckles and gave him a peck on his lips. “Goodnight.” and went to his own room.

 

He was left there in front of his room. He didn’t know what just happened and touches his lips with his fingers. It’s not right that he let Junhoe kiss him, but it felt too good for him to stop. ‘I must be crazy…’

 

After he recovers from himself, he went inside his room, changed his clothes and lied with his back on the bed. The kiss was still clear in his memory that it made him think about it all night before he fell asleep.

 

The next day went by and everything feels normal between them. Junhoe acted like nothing happened between them and he wonders if he has already forgotten about it or just decided not to talk about it. Either way, he’s relieved about it because he doesn’t know how he will act normally around him. They were back to being themselves and bicker like they usually do.

 

Junhoe accompanies him in the cafe and they eat together. He can’t tell how thankful he is for Junhoe being by his side because he doesn’t think he’s capable of being alone for now.

 

They were eating their midnight snack in the terrace while talking about some stuff.

 

“So..” Junhoe says with a loud sigh. “I’ll be going back next week, hyung..”

 

Hanbin hums. He won’t ever say it out loud but he will be a bit sad once Junhoe leaves. “What day?” He asks.

 

“On tuesday, still have four days left.”

 

“I see. I’m sorry you didn’t really get to look around. You were stuck in the house or in the cafe with me.” He says as he munches on the chips they’re eating.

 

“Well, it doesn’t matter. And I won’t get to enjoy by myself, though. So, it’s no big deal.” Junhoe says and smiles at him.

 

He just kept quiet while eating.

 

“You sure you don’t want to go back with me in Korea?” Junhoe asks after a while.

 

He shook his head and sighs. “No..I don’t think I’m ready to go back. Not anytime soon.”

 

Junhoe looks at him. “Is there any way that I can change your mind?”

 

He shook his head again. “No. I won’t go back, Junhoe. Just drop it.”

 

“Okay.” He just says. When it comes to matters like this, no one can ever change Hanbin’s mind. Junhoe knows that, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

 

Silence fell over again and they are now looking at the stars. The skies have been clear for the past days and it somewhat gives Hanbin a warm feeling in his heart.

 

“Why don’t we go to Paris tomorrow?” He suddenly asks before he can even stop himself.

 

“Huh? Why?” Junhoe looks at him, confused.

 

“Nothing.. I just thought that maybe I can show you around, so that you can say your vacation’s worth it. I can see you off at the airport too.” He says quietly.

 

Junhoe nods. “Okay... So we’re going to stay there until tuesday?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“And we’re leaving tomorrow?” Hanbin nods. A grin appears on Junhoe’s face.

 

Hanbin chuckles. “Wasn’t a bad idea, huh?” He says as he stood up.

 

“Pack your things and go sleep. We’ll leave tomorrow morning.” He says and Junhoe nods following him inside.

 

“Goodnight.” He says to Junhoe.

 

Junhoe hugs him. “Goodnight, hyung.” he says and runs off to his room.


Hanbin just laughs. ‘What am I going to do with that kid?’ he thought. He just shook his head and went inside his room to pack for tomorrow.

-------------

I'M SORRY, OKAY? The kiss wasn't supposed to be this early but my fingers just typed what it wants and Hanbin also made me crazy with that Get It Beauty episode. I am such a trash. *sighs*

Anyways, how was it? I uploaded twice this week. I know, I must be insane. I don't know when I will post the next chapter, maybe after I finished editing it.

Please do comment what you think about this chapter. Your feedbacks really help me a lot when I'm writing.

I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading!