Chapter 1

Who do you love?

"Sir, I already accompanied the journalist who appointed an interview with you. He's sitting by the window." Donghyuk heard the manager, informing the owner of the cafe he's in right now. He really liked the ambiance of this place, it suits his style. He wishes that they also open a branch in Korea. He would be a regular customer if that happened.

"Okay, thank you. Please take care of the customers, i'll be going to him now." He froze when he heard that voice. 'I must be dreaming, right? It can't be...'  Donghyuk thought. But somehow, he knows that voice. It belongs to 'him'. He knows it's him.

It's not long before he heard the guy behind him. "Sorry for making you wait. Goodmorning, sir?" the man said. Donghyuk calmed himself before he stood up and faced the man behind him. "Donghyuk Kim. You can call me Donghyuk. Nice to meet you." He said with a polite smile and took his hand out for a handshake. He saw how the man was stunned for a second before clearing his throat and smiled at him. He took Donghyuk's hand. "Nice to meet you too. Please, sit down." Donghyuk nods and sat down at the chair he was sitting in earlier. The man sat infront of him. They were quiet for a moment, Donghyuk doesn't know how to start. He's here for an interview, with a small hope that he would find the person he's looking for. And to think that that person is sitting right infront of him, his mind is racing. It feels unreal. But he knows he shouldn't waste time, so he started to gather all courage he has and finally spoke. "So, uhm.. how are you?" He asks. The man looked at him and smiled. "I'm doing fine. Still the same. How are you?" He must admit, he was a bit surprised that the guy answered him. He smiled. "I'm also doing fine." Silence fell between them again. Donghyuk wants to ask something, but he's hesitating. 'Will he get mad at me for asking? What should I say? I'm screwed if this goes wrong. I need to take him back. We need him back.' He doesn't know what to do. But he can't let this chance go, right? "Aish! Damn it..'

"Hyung-" Donghyuk tried to ask but the man cut him off.

"Shall we start with the interview?" The man looked at him and smiled. He swears, he's cold sweating right now for being nervous. He can't mess this up right now.

"But hyung.." Donghyuk tries again but he held back when the man smiled.

"I know, Donghyuk-ah. I know, but let's just finish the interview first, okay?" The man smiled warmly at him. Donghyuk looked at him and nods. 'I missed you, hyung..'

 

Donghyuk tried to do the interview as professional as he can. After all, he's still going to feature this in his blog. He's trying so hard to calm himself to finish this early so he can have a personal talk with him. The interview ended smoothly after an hour of question and answers. He was packing his things when the man infront of him spoke.

"Would you like another coffee? I know you also want to talk." The man says. Donghyuk smiled and nodded at the man. The man then called for the waitress and asked for their coffee. They were silent waiting for their drinks. Donghyuk felt the urge to talk to him now.

"Hanbin hyung.." Donghyuk felt like his heart's going to come out of his chest soon. Hanbin is looking outside the window. "You are looking for me, aren't you?" Hanbin's voice was quiet. Donghyuk took long before he answered him. "I..i..yes, I was looking for you." Hanbin chuckles. "Sounds about right. I mean, who would interview an owner of a cafe located in a province in France? It's not even a tourist place." He turns to look at Donghyuk and smiled. But he admits, he missed Donghyuk. He was a good friend to him.

"Hyung, I... I was worried about you. We were all worried about you. Why did you leave?" Donghyuk hopes that Hanbin would open up to him. He needs to hear his answer.

"To be honest with you, I don't know why I left. I somehow...lost myself." He smiled at Donghyuk and turns to look outside again.

"Aren't you going back to Korea? Hyung, you can go back with me. I can-" Hanbin cuts off whatever Donghyuk is going say.

"I won't go back, Donghyuk. Not now, at least. I can't go back." His voice is quiet.

"But why, hyung? It's been 3 years since you left. Please, go back to Korea." Hanbin remained quiet. He doesn't want to answer Donghyuk. He doesn't know what to say. Donghyuk figures Hanbin won't answer him. He sighs in defeat. 'Atleast, I tried.'

"Okay, fine. I won't ask you. But if you've ever thought of coming back, contact me. I will be staying here for three more days, maybe I'll visit you here again tomorrow. If that's okay?" Even if Hanbin says no, he knows Donghyuk would still come. "Okay." He replies without looking at Donghyuk. Their coffee came and they were again surrounded by silence. After a few minutes of not talking, Donghyuk asks. "Hyung, do you have new stuffs?" Hanbin knows what Donghyuk is talking about, so he nods and stood up. He motioned Donghyuk to follow him. It was his self-written books. That's what Donghyuk meant with 'stuffs'.

When Donghyuk left the cafe, Hanbin looked outside the window. The weather is gloomy today. 'Why did you look for me Donghyuk-ah? Why did you find me now? I know you want the best for your friends. But still, why now? Why did you find me when I haven't completely healed myself?'

 

Donghyuk arrived at the hotel he's staying in. He took out his phone and called someone's number.

"Hello?" Donghyuk heard his friend say when he answered the call.

"Junhoe-ya....I found him." Donghyuk says with a sigh.

*****

I'm very sorry if this chapter is short. I hope that you enjoyed it.

This may be a boring story so I don't mind if not many of you will read. I would still be grateful if you read this. I just wanted to share this here since I have this plot running in my mind for days now. So, here it is.

Thank you.