Honeymoon

Daejae Drabbles Dump

 

Honeymoon

Tags: Angst

 

Description

Daehyun and Youngjae went on their honeymoon

 

 

Youngjae's lips etched into a smile as he stared lovingly at Daehyun. He chuckled when the older almost slipped on the black boulder the latter was standing on. Youngjae leaned his body against the wooden barrier, waving back at Daehyun as the latter excitedly waved at him. He couldn't believe how childish Daehyun can get at times.

 

Youngjae let out a contented sigh; the memory of when Daehyun proposed to him came into his mind. He remembered the precious moment as if it happened yesterday. He clearly remembered how Daehyun stood nervously in front of him in the middle of the park they usually frequented, witnessed by several other visitors and their pet dog, Fluffy, and how the latter's hand was shakily slipped into his pocket before producing a velvet navy blue box.

 

Daehyun opened the box, revealing a beautiful white gold ring with a single diamond encrusted in it. Youngjae remembered the moment he went speechless when Daehyun suddenly dropped to his knees, uttering the practiced words of 'Will you marry me?' to the younger. To be quite honest, those words are the only things that could be registered in his head, since he was too busy wiping the tears unknowingly streaming down his cheeks.

 

Youngjae remembered uttering a shaky 'Yes' as a reply, and he could clearly remember the cheers of congratulation from the people around them (and happy barks from Fluffy of course). He remembered the moment Daehyun let out a relief sigh before he was engulfed in the latter's embrace. The moment was just too beautiful that they forgot they were actually sharing a passionate kiss in front of the crowd. The saltiness they'd tasted from the kiss couldn't mask the sweetness they felt in their heart.

 

That moment, it will forever ingrained in Youngjae's heart.

 

Youngjae snapped out of his trance when the sound of waves crashing onto the rocks invaded his ears. His eyes trailed towards where Daehyun was at. The older was smiling so sweetly at him and he couldn't help but smile back.

 

But soon the sweet smile on Daehyun's face morphed into a sad one...

 

Youngjae could feel the tears threatening to fall from his eyes. He bit his trembling lips, forcing his pair of lips to form a smile...

 

'Please be happy...' Daehyun mouthed; the sad smile still etched on his face before his figure disappeared into the air, as if he wasn't there before...

 

Youngjae smiled through his tears, both hands were clutching on the urn containing Daehyun's ashes. He walked near to the water, uttering a soft 'I love you, Daehyun’ before scattering the ashes into the sea; to where Daehyun wished to be...

 

Today, was supposed to be the first day of their honeymoon. Daehyun was so excited about it but fate said otherwise. It was only a week after their wedding, Daehyun was involved in a hit and run accident, costing him his life.

 

That day, was the day Youngjae kept whining to the older on how much the latter was too busy to make time for him and demanded a date. But he didn't expect to get a call from the hospital while waiting for Daehyun for their supposed date. For quite some time, Youngjae blamed his selfishness for the things happened. But then again, nothing can bring Daehyun back...

 

A bark from Fluffy woke Youngjae from his deep thinking. Youngjae smiled at the white maltese, uttering a soft 'Let's go, boy', pulling the dog's leash before leaving the place.

 

 

I love you, Daehyun

-your husband, Yoo Youngjae

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae jolted awake and generous amount of sweats trickled down on the side of his face. He glanced at his side, letting out a relief sigh once he saw Daehyun sleeping peacefully next to him. Youngjae snuggled closer to his husband, wrapping his thin arms around the latter's thick body. He buried his face on Daehyun's chest, inhaling the pleasant minty scent of the older. Youngjae continuously thanking God in his heart for it was all a nightmare and his husband is still here, right beside him, alive and well.

 

 

 

= The End =