Gone

Daejae Drabbles Dump

 

Gone

Tags: angst, mpreg

 

Description

Daehyun and Youngjae was given a miracle

But God decides they're not ready yet so He take it back

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Daehyun woke up the sounds of someone’s retching in the toilet. He groggily opened his eyes as his hand blindly searched for his phone on the side table next to his bed. He unlocked the screen to see the clock showed 4:00 a.m. He let out a sigh before leaving the bed and made his way towards the toilet where his lover was probably having a hard time emptying his guts out. True to his assumption, the younger was clutching on the toilet bowl while heaving all the foods he had consumed earlier into it. Daehyun padded his way towards the younger, crouching down next to his lover and gently rubbed the latter’s back.

 

It took some time before Youngjae completely finish emptying his stomach. The younger weakly leaned on Daehyun. Daehyun wiped the tears on Youngjae’s cheeks; the result from the painful retching the latter had been doing for the past thirty minutes. Daehyun gently scooped the frail body into his arms, bringing the pregnant male to the bed. He laid Youngjae on the soft mattress before getting a damp towel, a basin and a glass of water for his lover.

 

“Here, rinse your mouth with this.” Daehyun handed the water to Youngjae in which the latter gratefully accepted. Youngjae gargled before spitting it out into the basin. Daehyun put the glass and basin away, sitting next to Youngjae and assisting the younger to lie down. He picked up the damp towel and gently dabbed it onto Youngjae’s sweaty face.

 

“Our baby is giving you a hard time huh?” Daehyun chuckled as he wiped the sweats of Youngjae’s forehead. Youngjae’s lips were pulled into a smile despite him losing all his energy from the puking earlier.

 

“Yeah, he got that from you, that I’m sure of.” Youngjae playfully retorted. His grazed his hand on Daehyun’s arm as a signal for the older to stop dabbing the towel on his face. Daehyun complied, throwing the used towel into the laundry basket a few meters from him (in which the towel ended up on the floor next to the basket instead) before lying down next to the younger.

 

“He?” Daehyun asked as he scooped Youngjae into his embrace, letting the younger snuggling onto his chest. He unknowingly smiled when his lover let out a contented sigh. 

 

“Mhmm, I can feel it. Call it mom’s intuition.” Youngjae replied, humming in contentment when Daehyun’s big palm rubbed his unnoticeable baby bump. Daehyun chuckled, kissing Youngjae’s crown before tighten his hug on the younger.

 

“Whatever you say, mommy.”

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Youngjae waddled across the living room towards the kitchen, his eyes were glued on his phone screen and his hand was caressing the small bump of his tummy. His baby bump is slightly noticeable now that he’s in his 16th weeks. Daehyun was out for work at the moment and thus leaving him to entertain himself in their shared apartment and thus explained his daily activity of scrolling through social medias in his phone. He walked into the kitchen, totally oblivious of the puddle of water on the floor.

 

Youngjae slipped on the puddle, causing his body to dive down onto the floor, hitting his stomach first. A sharp pain zapped through his abdomen. Youngjae curled on the floor, biting his lips as the pain was unbearable for him. He clutched on his stomach, panic surged through his body when his eyes caught the sight of blood seeping out of his pants. His shaky hand reached his cracked phone, searching through the contacts for Daehyun’s name through his blurred eyes.

 

“Babe? Why? Crave for something?” Daehyun’s voice came from the other line.

 

“D-daehyun... I f-fell... the baby... blood...” Youngjae choked through tears.

 

Daehyun quickly assured the younger that he’ll be there, hanging up as he urgently strode out of his company’s building, leaving his secretary in befuddlement from the sudden urgency.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Jung, but we couldn’t save the baby...” The doctor regretfully said as he patted Daehyun’s back. Daehyun rubbed his face with the palm of his hands, traces of dried blood could be seen tainting his arms and on the rolled-up sleeves. He thanked the doctor; the latter patted his back once again before excusing himself. Daaehyun entered the room, slowly walking towards his unconscious lover lying on the single bed. Daehyun seated himself on the chair next to Youngjae’s bed; his hand naturally reached for the younger’s limp ones.

 

Not a sound was heard in the room except for the beeping sound of the monitor and the sound of Youngjae’s soft breathing through the air. Daehyun took in the sight of his paled-face lover before his eyes moving down towards the latter’s stomach. Reality finally slapped him on the face.

 

Their baby is gone.

 

Tears unkowingly gathered in Daehyun’s eyes and in no time he was sobbing as his hand gripped tightly on Youngjae’s pale ones.

 

“I’m sorry...”

 

 

THE END