1 Year / you're my favorite

Through the Years

Remember '[ ]' means they're talking "English"

Also sorry for grammatical mistakes, English is not my first language!

Enjoy!

 

-

 

"Until now this has been JJ Project. Thank you!"

 

 Jinyoung and Jaebum said at the same time and bowed at the camera in front of them. Their managers and stylists clap a little and then started picking up their things ready to leave.

 

They had just finished their last schedule for their debut promotions. A simple interview for Mnet.

 

After he changed in his normal clothes and tried to put his hair down a little (since it was always stylist up with a lot of gel) he made his way towards the van that was going to get them to the dorms.

He made himself comfortable on the seat -feeling kind of tired- and was ready to put his headphones when he felt Jaebum enter the van followed by their manager. Both seated down. Jaebum at his side and their manager at the copilot seat.

The man turned his head towards them and smiled a little.

 

"Congratulations boys, you did really good on this promotions. It was a good debut. And next time you comeback is going to be even better"

 

"Thank you hyung-nim" Jaebum said and bowed, Jinyoung mimicked him.

 

"Yeah, thank you, next time we'll work harder" he told the man.

 

"I know you will"

 

-

 

By the time they got back to the dorm it was 6 in the afternoon.

 

Jaebum opened the door and both entered the place, finding three of the trainees on the living room talking, they looked at them but didn't say anything, just turned their heads to keep talking. Ignoring them.

Jinyoung rolled his eyes at their behavior.

 

Since the trainees found out they were debuting, mixed feeling were in the air. Some congratulated them and some... Just got mad. Like them. He ignored them too and looked around trying to find other trainees. Trying to find Mark. When he didn't he frowned.

 

"Come on Jinyoung, maybe he's out"

 

He turned around when he heard Jaebum, feeling kind of embarrassed for being caught, but still followed his friend to the room they both shared.

 

'Where is he? Is he out? I bet I know who he's with. He's always with him now, like if I don't exist anymore! Pff Whatever I don't ca-'

 

"Congratulations!!"

 

His thoughts stopped and maybe his heart too, when he heard a lot of loud voices say at the same time. He stood there in shock, with his hands up on his chest and his mouth and eyes wide open, because he didn't know when Jaebum opened the door, but now in front of him were some of the other trainees, like the Thailand kid with his friend, and of course, Mark.

 

He looked at Mark and noticed how his friend was in the center of everybody with a stupid party hat over his head and a little banner that said 'JR and JB' with a lot of hearts on it. He also noticed how he sported a smile so big that his eyes almost disappeared. The sign made him smile back automatically.

His gaze suddenly went to the shorter figure beside Mark who hold a much bigger banner, it read 'JJ Project is the best. JJ project fighting' in a really messy korean and with a few grammatical mistakes. Still the banner was decorated with a lot of things. It showed that the person who made it put a lot of effort in it. That's why he looked at the face of the person who hold it and immediately feel regret.

Because Jackson Wang was looking at him with a bright smile.

 

'I'm such a ty person'

 

He looked back a Mark who was approaching him.

 

'But is all your fault Mark'

 

Mark hugged him.

 

'Too bad I can hate you'

 

He hugged Mark back.

 

-

 

With JJ Project debut announcement, came another surprise too.

 

Just a week before their debut, came Jackson Wang. The new foreign trainee from Hong Kong.

 

Neither him or Jaebum were present at the moment of his introduction but from what they heard, was the same as always.

 

Jinyoung didn't have the time to talk to the new trainee, he just introduced himself when one of the superiors was showing the guy the building and he was around. From then on, he only saw him on the hallways or really quickly on the dorm.

But after his debut, even with how busy he was, he noticed something.

 

Mark started spending a lot of time with the new guy.

 

When he went to the company he always saw Mark practicing or rapping with Jackson.

Or every time he finished a scheduled and went back to the dorm he would find Mark and Jackson on one of the rooms talking. And it bugged him a little that actually Jackson new Chinese and English and this were Mark languages, so they could talk freely without any problem. And Jinyoung didn't understand a single thing.

Even once, when he finished early and went to the practice room looking for Mark, so they could do something together since they haven't had the chance, he was told that Mark had already left with Jackson.

 

And no. Jinyoung didn't sulk on the way back.

 

(He totally did)

 

-

 

Jinyoung stared at the ceiling of the room from his laying position on his bed.

 

It was Saturday and they gave him and Jaebum the day free. The older went out with some of his old friends and the trainees were having practice till lunch time, so he had been alone the entire morning lazing around.

He looked at the clock on the wall '12:14'. He sighed and prepared himself to start a third round of sleeping, but the bedroom door bursted open making a loud sound.

 

And there supporting his weight in the door handle stood Mark looking all sweaty and breathing hard. Jinyoung look at him with raised eyebrows.

 

"Why didn't you tell me you have a free day?!" Mark said fast but Jinyoung understood.

 

"Ohh, well I don't know, I thought it wasn't important. That you maybe had other things to do..." He didn't realized he was sticking out his bottom lip while saying that.

 

Mark furrowed his eyebrows and gave him an 'are you serious look?'

 

"Things like what?"

 

"I don't know. Other plans or going out with Jackson..." Jinyoung mentally face palmed himself.

 

Mark stayed silent and just watched him for a while before going to Jinyoung's clothes, picking up a sweater and trowing it at him.

 

"Dress up, we're going out!"

 

Jinyoung took off the sweater from his head at looked at Mark disappear through the door.

 

"What are you talking about?!

 

"See you in ten Jinyoung!"

 

-

 

Jinyoung was having so much fun. He haven't had this fun in a while. Maybe it was also the fact that he was with Mark and being honest, he had missed the older.

 

They had lunch together on a cheap restaurant nearby the dorm and when it was almost two in the afternoon they decided to walk around, which lead them to where they were now.

 

An Arcade.

 

They played around and try all the games of the place. And right now Jinyoung was trying to win a plushie from the exhibition stand, after Mark lost his turn. He just needed to throw the ball and make the last plastic duck fall. So he throw it and...

 

"Yes!!! You won Jinyoung!" Mark shouted like a fan girl making both laugh at his antics.

 

The nice young lady who was blushing furiously thanks to having two handsome boys in front of her, gestured to the display of toys telling them to pick one.

Jinyoung thought for a while and pick up a little pikachu plushie, giving the girl a little thanks. Mark smiled at her and turned around ready for another game, Jinyoung followed him and took him by the arm. Mark stopped and turned around to look at his friend.

 

"Yeah?"

 

Jinyoung let go of him and without thinking too much, he handed Mark the toy. The older one looked down and then back at him with curiosity. Jinyoung urged him to take it and he did. Mark took the plushie and squished it between his hands, smiling at the softness.

 

"Have it. Consider it a gift" Jinyoung said softly

 

"What?" Mark looked at him surprised "Are you sure?"

 

"Yep" he nodded, a small smile on his face.

 

"Thanks Jinyoung"

-

 

When they were about to leave the Arcade, Mark suddenly took him by the arm and literally drag him around, not giving Jinyoung time to understand what was happening. He just found himself after a moment, sitting on something hard with Mark close by his side, he noticed they were in a small closed space, a black curtain was at his left side and a screen in front of him that was showing actually his and Mark's face. That's when he understood.

 

A photo booth!

 

"We have to take one. We don't have a picture together"

 

Jinyoung looked at Mark and nodded. "You're right" Then he read the instruction on the screen and selected a set of 4 pictures. He pressed the bottom start and immediately a countdown showed.

 

They both make a funny face.

 

Click.

 

Jinyoung smiled without showing his teeth and made a peace sign with his left hand. Mark made a peace sign too with his right hand and with the left one he put the pikachu plushie between them.

 

Click.

 

Jinyoung put his arm around Mark's neck making a duck face. Mark made two peace sign and a tough face, twisting his mouth and showing his teeth.

 

Click.

 

The last one was just them sitting close and smiling brightly at the camera.

 

Click.

 

When the photos came out a couple of seconds later Mark took them and watched them. Jinyoung pressed the copy bottom so he could have one set too.

Soon they both were laughing at the photos they hold in their hands.

 

"This is the best one" Jinyoung said and pointed to the one where they were smiling. He thought Mark was going to say something but the latter just stayed silent for a while and when he talked he was too serious.

 

"Jinyoung... About what you said early. About Jackson"

 

Jinyoung didn't said anything, he just gulped.

 

"You know I wouldn't change you, right?"

 

'He knows. He must think I'm so dumb' he thought and looked at Mark who was already looking at him.

 

"I just want to help him the same way you helped me. He's a nice guy too. Yo should meet him. But... Just so you know, I wouldn't change you"

 

They didn't broke eye contact, but when the embarrassed hit Jinyoung he lowered his head, closed his eyes and made a whiny sound.

 

"This is embarrassing. I'm so dumb"

 

He heard Mark chuckled.

 

"You're always going to be my favorite"

 

-

 

"We'll be back in a bit" Jaebum said as he and Mark went out the door.

 

Both agreeing to go and get more snacks at the convenience store for everybody.

 

Jinyoung eye them and when the door close up he continue to talk with Sungwun, one of the trainees that shared the room with him and Jaebum. He then asked what has been in his mind for a while.

 

"By the way, whose idea was this?"

 

"It was Mark hyung idea!" Yugyeom one of the youngest answered.

 

"Really?" He didn't hide his surprise. 'So it was Mark'

 

"Yes! He said it would be nice and we liked the idea too" Yugyeom continued "I hope I can debut one day like you too, hyung"

 

"Me too" BamBam said softly and Jinyoung swear that was the first time he heard him talk to him. So he smiled at them both and said with sincerity.

 

"Of course you will. You are really talented. Both"

 

Yugyeom and BamBam smiled bright and then went to their own little world, so Jinyoung looked around and stopped his eyes on the figure that was opposite to him. Jackson.

The guy was playing with the banner he was holding early.

 

Jinyoung didn't think twice and stood up, made his way towards him and sit himself in front of the guy.

 

Jackson looked surprised for the sudden apparition and his eyes were wide, but when he noticed it was Jinyoung, his surprise face changed immediately to a happy one. His smile was so innocent and childish that he felt like he was in front of a kid. Jinyoung was taken aback.

 

"Hi!" Jackson said with a broken korean.

 

Jinyoung felt kind of nostalgic remembering how Mark used to talk before. Like a kid. Like Jackson.

 

[Hey. This] he pointed the banner [you did it?]

 

If Jackson face was bright before, then it started shining once he heard him talking in English.

 

[Yes, I did it! Mark hyung told me how to said it but I write it myself! And-] he stopped and looked troubled for a second [do you understand me?]

 

He smiled softly at him and nodded.

 

[Yes. A little] Jackson smiled again and Jinyoung wondered if he ever stop smiling [So... You write this]

 

The other guy nodded fast and started talking without stopping about how he did the banner. Jinyoung only understood parts of what he was saying, but Jackson's excitement made him feel like he understood.

 

And in that moment he knew why Mark wanted to help Jackson.

 

-

 

"So you like Jackson now?"

 

"I never said I didn't like him"

 

"Don't change me okay"

 

"Shut up Mark hyung"

 

"Your still my favorite"

 

"Shut up!"

 

"Okay"

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"But hyung..."

 

"Yes?"

 

"You're my favorite too"