First day / meeting

Through the Years

"Okay guys take ten minutes, drink water and rest a little bit. JYP is going to come for a bit with a little announcement!" Their dance instructor said and all the guys in the room did a little cheer while looking for their water bottles.

 

Jinyoung let a big breath scape his lips and started drinking his water. He locked the bottle and started looking around finding his friend Jaebum already passed out on the floor. He rolled his eyes at the guy.

 

With tired eyes he checked the time at the clock in the room, 03:37 pm - 'it's not even late and I already feel like dying, great' - he thought and let himself fall to the floor, sitting with his legs stretched and opened in front of him, his back resting on the wall.
Letting his head fall backwards and his eyes close he tried to relax for a bit, but his moment was interrupted when the dance studio's door opened and JYP entered the room.


All the trainees in the room -including himself - stared with wide eyes and tried to stand up as fast as they could. Not noticing the boy behind the tall man.

 

Jinyoung was stood straight between two others trainees in a long line.

 

"Hello sir!" He said along with the other guys and bowed to the man for a second before stand firm again, finally noticing the skinny and black haired guy behind JYP. He let his eyes go away from the guy's form when his superior started clapping.

 

"Nice to see you again boys! Have you been doing well?" The older asked with a small smile, receiving in exchange 'yes', he shook his head in understanding "I'm glad to hear that. But today I came here for another reason"

 

Jinyoung and the others watched the man step aside and gesturing to the boy to come closer. The guy took some steps forward and looked at the ground and then to the wall at the side trying to not make eye contact with the rest of them. Jinyoung narrowed his eyes and looked at the guy - who was chewing his bottom lip - with interest - 'was with him?' He thought -.

 

"This is Mark Tuan and he's our new trainee"

 

The room was filled with silent for a while before weak claps were heard. Jinyoung could already hear the annoying comments that some of the trainers were going to said like 'another one?' 'great, more competition' or 'we don't need him'. He felt bad for the guy. He looked at him and then again to the older man who raised his hand in a silent gesture.

 

"Mark came from L.A and he doesn't speak Korean so please treat him kindly and help him" Jinyoung widened his eyes and opened his mouth looking surprised, beside him he noticed the others trainees in the same state that him. "Keep working hard. I'll get going"

 

When JYP was leaving he talked briefly with Mark who nodded and then went to sit at a sofa in the room.

 

The rest of the other trainees keep on murmuring or not paying attention to him for the rest of the afternoon. They were going to need time to adjust.

 

When the clock hit 08:00 pm all of them were sent home.

He was picking his things when Jaebum approached him.

 

"Are you ready to go?"

 

"Yes but, go without me, I'll go to the dorm later" Jaebum raised an eyebrow.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes" he nodded "I just feel like taking a walk today"

 

Jaebum shook his head in understanding before giving him a pat in the shoulder and walk thought the door.

 

When Jinyoung new the others trainees left he gave a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second, then he nodded to himself and started walking to the right corner of the room were a figure was crouching down while zipping close his backpack. He stood there and made a sound with his throat trying to get attention, which he gained when the person immediately stood up in front of him. Mark.

 

Jinyoung felt nervous - 'god, why am i doing this?'- Mark was looking at him without doing or saying anything. - 'don't be stupid Jinyoung he doesn't talk Korean'- He cursed himself mentally before talking.

 

[ H-hi, nice to meet you.... M-I am Park Jinyoung. I'm JYP ] he finish with a broken English and then realized what he said when Mark let a smile laugh scape.

 

[ JYP? ] Oh. His voice was deep than he thought. He nodded.

 

[ Trust me, I'm JYP ] This time he offered his hand to him, which Mark took and shook.

 

[ I'm Mark Tuan ]

 

Jinyoung smiled a little and then let go of the hand to gesture to the door.

 

[ Go. Home ]

 

Mark smiled back and nodded rapidly allowing himself to follow Jinyoung through the door and through the street to what would be his new home and his new life.

 

The walk was filled with silent and sound of foot steps.

 

Strangely it wasn't awkward.

 

Actually.

 

Jinyoung though it wasn't that bad.