4. Sehun (Part 2)

Of Fables and Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whereby Sehun and Yoona engage in a deadly game of cat and mouse.

Starring: The sterling up and rising detective Oh Sehun, the dangerous woman Im Yoona and the black wolf Xi Luhan.

 

Disclaimer: Breaking the mould of having Yoong defenseless and helpless, I say it’s time for a woman to take charge, oh yeah. Continuing from where we left off previous, part 2 let’s go!

 

FOUR. (PART 2)
 

“Anything new?”

 

“No sir. We identified the program that jammed the security system to be Black Wolf’s, apparently it was via a back door infiltration method but the trail goes cold when we try to backtrace it. Team B even caught a paralyzing destruction virus when they attempted to back trace the program’s whereabouts. We’re out of luck sir.”

 

Sehun frowned, not liking the news he heard. Ten days had past since the lecture in the chief’s office but they were no closer than they were before.

 

“Boss, Leader Jongin wants me to inform you that the chief is calling for an emergency meeting in his office right now.”

 

Sehun’s nodded, departing for the chief’s office immediately, bumping into Baekhyun on the way there.

 

“Hey Sehun! I wonder what’s the fuss all about. I heard the governor's here?” stated Baekhyun quizzically. Sehun’s brow raised questionably, what was the governor doing here?

 

With a polite knock, Sehun and Baekhyun entered the office, watching as Yoona gave a cup of hot tea to the governor before departing hastily as Jongin and the chief stood at the side.

 

“With all due respect sir, I would highly advise against this.” stated the chief as he implored the governor to change his mind.

 

The governor fumed, the tea cup rattling in the saucer as he set it down forcefully, “I will not be persuaded! Scarlet lady or not I will be holding this exhibition in lieu of my wife’s 60th birthday at the end of the week! ”

 

“But sir, it would not be wise to showcase all that valuable jewelry and art pieces in such times..”

 

“ARE YOU CALLING ME STUPID!” boomed the governor as he cast a menacing glance to the chief.

 

Beads of sweat formed on the chief’s balding head, “No sir! I just-”

 

“Enough!” commanded the governor, “I am not changing my mind and I expect the support from the police force for this exhibition. I’ll have the best security employed in addition to having your best team situated there. I refuse to believe that this, this harlot lady would be able to get past that.”

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat timidly, “B-but Mr Governor, the Scarlet lady is truly not one to trifle with she has been robbing--”

 

“I KNOW what she has been doing! Robbing rich men just because she is envious of their riches! A snivelling coward if you ask me! And don’t think I don’t know, she only robs once every 1 to 2 months or so! I keep myself updated with the news you know.” sniffed the governor arrogantly, and Sehun rolled his eye at that, ignorant fool.

 

“The last robbery was merely a fortnight ago, so based on that cycle she wouldn’t be robbing mine. Besides wasn’t there this gallery exhibition hosted that famous multi-millionaire a couple of months ago, he wasn’t robbed was he!”

 

Jongin snorted, perhaps that was because the said famous multi-millionaire was a well respected philanthropist with numerous known charities and beneficiaries under his belt, that kind of man wouldn’t be on the Scarlet lady’s radar.

 

“And so I’m certain she wouldn’t rob me! She wouldn’t dare would she! Robbing the governor of this very state! I’m merely engaging you guys as a form of customary precaution!”

 

Sehun snorted silently, customary precaution his that wuss.

 

“Besides, don’t you think it would be a good opportunity for the police force to be there to apprehend her just in case if it shows up. I think you could use this chance that I’m giving you, especially since the entire precinct has been under a lot of heat don’t you think.” said the governor as he gave a pointed glance to the chief.

 

The chief of police gulped uneasily, “Yes sir.”

 

“Very well.” and the porky governor stood abruptly, I expect to hear news of liaison between your police team and my security detail by the end of today.”

 

With that, the governor strode off, his lanky secretary trailing behind the older man.

 

The chief sighed tiredly, a handkerchief dabbing the sweat formed on his glistening forehead, “You guys heard the governor. Sehun I want you in charge of this, Baekhyun and Jongin you two will coordinate with Sehun to see if he needs any additional manpower. Dismiss.”

 

With a respectful bow, the trio left, leaving Yoona to shut the chief’s door quietly.

 

“Do you think she’ll really appear?” asked Baekhyun as they tracked down the familiar hallway.

 

Jongin snorted, “Most definitely, the governor is definitely the type of man the Scarlet lady hunts. That b*stard has so many ual harassment complaints against him he should be given time! I heard he made his riches by exploiting the contracts of his employees. So she’ll definitely show up alright.”

 

Jongin sighed, “You know a part of me really wishes that the scarlet lady would show up to teach that man a lesson. Did you hear him in there! That amount of arrogance!”

 

Sehun cocked his brow up, “Dangerous thoughts Jongin.”

 

Jongin huffed, “I know I know. We’re the police, she’s a thief, but still, doesn’t make the words I say less true.”

 

At that, Sehun had nothing to counter for.

//

 

A snivelling coward he said, oh she would show him!

 

Fuming, Yoona stormed into apartment she shared with Luhan.

 

“Woah woah woah, where’s the fire?” asked Luhan in concern after hurrying to the living room at the thunderous bang he heard.

 

“We are robbing the governor.” stated Yoona in finality.

 

Luhan’s brows rose so high it nearly disappeared into his hairline, “We are?”

 

Yoona threw him a pointed glance, letting the other man know that she wasn’t in a mood to joke.

 

Luhan threw his hands up in surrender, “Alright, I guess we are. Isn’t it too soon though? And does he fit the requirement?”

 

Yoona tossed him the file of information she had found back in the precinct, “Numerous alleged ual harassment complaints filed but none held since the victims dropped their charges one way or another. Suspicions of exploitations in employment contracts but nothing can be done legally since they signed the contracts out of free will, they’ve waived their rights unknowingly, and as usual, no one is looking into it because he is the governor.”

 

Luhan skimmed through the file, displeased at what he was reading.

 

“And most importantly he is an arrogant, conceited who called me, us, a snivelling coward!”

 

Luhan cocked his brow at that, seriously?

 

Yoona’s eyes bulged out as she gestured agitatedly, “I am not a coward!”

 

Luhan fought a chuckle, knowing she wouldn’t appreciate it right now, more than likely she might use her ninja skill to toss him a very sharp blade and he loves himself too much to forsake any bit of it, “Alright, do you have the details we need?”

 

At that Yoona tossed him the other file. “Very well, seems like we have little over five days to prepare for this. What’s the item we’re aiming for this time?”

 

Yoona smiled evilly, “The Eastern Sea Pearlite Necklace,not the most expensive but definitely the governor’s most prized possession.”

 

Luhan whistled, seeing the pictures of the luxurious necklace. It sure was pretty, and would most definitely fetch a hefty price in the black market, money that could be used to help those that been taken advantage of by the governor, “Alright, we’ve got our work cut out for us, let’s get cracking.”

 

//

 

“Seems to be a quiet night, no signs of the scarlet lady.” commented Jongin as he surveyed the scene before him, disgusted by the unnecessary blatant display of wealth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter