2. Changmin

Of Fables and Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In which Yoona stumbled upon the secrets of the night, the truth behind the myths and folklores of the quaint, quiet little village up in the mountains and escapes from her gilded cage

Starring: Heroine Im Yoona making her daring escape, our (or my) all-time favorite Yoong pursuer aka Shim Changmin, along with a pinch of the other four of my favorite boys.

 

Disclaimer: Still don’t own them. Booyah, borderline crack (at least I think it is, I have little sense of the regular definition of what’s normal or what’s crack), you’ve been warned.

 

 

TWO.

A full moon hung proudly in the night sky; bright and yellow, a beacon against the swirling, misty grey clouds. A lone wolf howled a distance away, its cries echoing eerily amidst the dense fogs of the deep valley.

 

Run. Run. RUN.

 

Yoona cursed her stubborn one-track mind, the innate curious part of her that always wondered about the truths behind life’s greatest mysteries, her fascination towards all things supernatural and the tenacious part of her that never seem to know when to quit.

 

“You, my little flower, are going to get yourself killed one day.” joked Yoona’s mother once a long time ago when an eight year old Yoona narrated her (in her opinion) epic tale of nearly falling off a particularly tall tree branch when chasing after her fat, but miraculously nimble and agile, orange tabby kitten; Mrs Ginger. “Oh mummy dearest,” Yoona thought, “If only you could see me now.”

 

Breathing hard, Yoona forced herself to speed up, abdominal muscle stitches be damned in the name of survival, fighting the urge to turn back in reflex when she heard the ruffling of dried leaves behind her.

 

Why oh why was she such a curious and stubborn soul. And she cursed herself once more as the proverbial saying ‘Curiosity killed the cat.’ came to mind. Idiot, idiot, idiot!

 

Faster.

 

parched, her sides never once hurt this much in her whole entire life, her calf muscles protesting violently against the sudden, strenuous sprint (by which at this point had Yoona made a mental note to herself to adopt a better exercise regimen if she made it out alive) but Im Yoona dared not slowed down, not when her life was at risk.

 

“Ruby red in which he appears, the shadows in which she conceals. Fire and ice the two shall meet, never it be seen the lion and the sheep. The stars have aligned! The fates have spoken! Be careful my dear for the time have come! Be careful of the dark my dear! Be careful for the dark!!” forewarned the shaman she met in the village, the warning in which Yoona had so steadfastly ignored and now regretted. Although, in her defense, it was difficult to pay heed to a rather oddly dressed and eccentric elderly lady. That and the fact that the said lady chanted (semi-shouted really) “The fates have spoken! THE FATES HAVE SPOKEN!” after the supposed warning hadn’t really helped in her case.

 

Yoona allowed herself a groan inwardly, she was going to be a huge believer of the warnings of shamans no matter how odd and eccentric they appear to be after everything that had happened.

 

Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

Her thundering heart slammed against the confines of her ribs, and Yoona was certain that her heart had never once beaten so rapidly in all her life.

 

A chuckle resonated within the dark woods behind her; low, dark and completely masculine, mocking her, taunting her, shooting a icy spike of fear down Yoona’s spine as her hairs stood on end. She knew who that amused laughter belonged to.

 

“Do you really think you could possibly run away from me?”

 

An involuntary whimper escaped Yoona. She hadn’t asked for this. Sure she had a terribly curious mind, and a stubborn streak rival to a bull’s, but was wanting to get to the bottom of the truth behind all the fascinating stories and legends of the mountains above the village that she was recently staying at for a holiday fair and enough to warrant her death sentence? It wasn’t her fault that she stumbled upon them d-…

 

Yoona forced herself to pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter