4. Sehun (Part 1)

Of Fables and Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whereby Sehun and Yoona engage in a deadly game of cat and mouse.

Starring: The sterling up and rising detective Oh Sehun, the dangerous woman Im Yoona and the black wolf Xi Luhan.

 

Disclaimer: Breaking the mould of having Yoong defenseless and helpless, I say it’s time for a woman to take charge! Oh yeah. ;) By the way, this is the part one of the one-shot I wrote. The entire piece was too long so I had to cut it up in half.  

 

FOUR. (PART 1)


“THE SCARLET LADY STRIKES AGAIN!”

“LA PEREGRINA PEARLS DESPITE STOLEN DESPITE HEAVY SECURITY!”

“FIFTH ROBBERY IN NINE MONTHS!”

“CITIZENS ASK WHAT IS THE SEOUL POLICE DOING?!”

 

“THIS, THIS IS A PR NIGHTMARE! AN UTTER DISGRACE FOR THE ENTIRE POLICE FORCE!!”boomed the chief of police of the Seoul police department as he threw the stack of newspaper to the line of superintendents (team leaders of the various police teams) standing before him.

 

And Sehun grimaced at the amount of spittle that landed on his voice from the raging man. Bad breath spit, gross.

 

“THE DIRECTOR HAS CALLED MULTIPLE TIMES REGARDING THIS. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY YOURSELVES HUH!”

 

Baekhyun, the most recently promoted superintendent, spoke, “With all due respect sir, the scarlet lady prove to be exceptionally difficult to apprehend. No matter the plans we have, she’s always been able to escape the nets we set out for her. It’s almost as if she’s a ghost that can walk through walls!”

 

Sehun grimaced, knowing what was coming from the tell-tale pulsing of the chief’s forehead vein.

 

“THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE! ARE YOU TREATING ME LIKE A FOOL BY TELLING ME THE ELUSIVE SCARLET LADY IS SOME SORT OF GHOST OUT FOR VENGEANCE!!”

 

Baekhyun straighten up immediately, “No sir!”

 

“THEN WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SAY HUH!”

 

Baekhyun stammered, unable to withstand the chief’s temper, “I-I, er, sir, I--”

 

Sehun sighed, taking pity on the other man, “Sir, we’ve might have a breakthrough in the case. It is found that the scarlet lady has not been working alone all this time, she’s in cahoots with someone known as the Black Wolf. We believe he is her hidden partner.”

 

 

The chief eyed Sehun critically. Oh Sehun, aged twenty-nine. Tall, a little too handsome for his liking, a man of little words and the youngest detective to be promoted to Superintendent in recent history. His reputation was pristine, his work performance extraordinary. It was said he was specifically transferred over to the Seoul branch from Busan from the Chief Superintendent General himself. There were many rumors regarding the man, some said he was a second generation chaebol (rich son), some say he was the adopted son of a renown retired mafia leader, while others say he was related to the Vice-president of this very country. None of the rumors were ever verified to be true though, especially since Sehun had never bothered once to address any of it. A man of mystery they say, a man of few words.

 

“Is that so?” asked the chief.

 

Sehun nodded, “We found evidence of a partner. The hacking program adopted by the Scarlet lady seem to be from a renown underground hacker who calls himself the Black Wolf. Also, we found a small blood sample, we believe it came from when the suspect accidentally cut himself while trying to escape.”

 

“And the DNA obtained from the blood sample did not match to any criminals we have in our system?”

 

“Negative sir.”

 

“What about the red rose and the note you found at the scene, did you get anything from it?”

 

“No sir, as like the other roses and notes found before, they were generic and commonly found. The penmanship on the note traces to be a computerized writing. No fingerprints were found.”

 

The chief pondered over this information before giving a grave nod, “Very well, I expect to see a breakthrough in this case very soon, am I clear?”

 

“Yes sir!” chorused the line of superintendents.

 

“Dismissed!”

 

Baekhyun heaved a large sigh of relief as they exited the chief’s office, his sigh echoing within the long walkway. “Thank God! I was sure he was going to lecture us for over an hour at least!”

 

Jongin, one of the few other superintendent present in the room earlier, gave a knock to Baekhyun’s head.

 

“Yah! What was that for!”

 

“That was for the ghost statement you idiot!”

 

Baekhyun whined as he rubbed the spot at the back of his head, as he ran to catch up with Sehun and Jongin“But it’s true! She’s really that good! Makes me really wonder if she’s human or not, maybe she’s really a ghost.”

 

Jongin snorted, “She’s definitely human, a witness statement remember?”

 

Baekhyun nodded dutifully, “Yeah, witness claims he saw an angel leaving via the sky roof as he regained conscious from the drug, she must be really pretty.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter