8. GDragon [Req]

Of Fables and Tales
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In which Jiyong returned from the army and GYoon will no longer be separated from each other.

Starring: Fresh out of army Jiyong, cheeky Yoona and a sprinkle of Rae-Oh.

Requested by: HottestVIPSone

 

Disclaimer: Flowers galore! A mostly fluffy-ish slice of life for your consumption, heh. Geddit?

 

EIGHT.

26 October 2019.

 

The day that he’s been waiting for had finally arrived.

 

Kwon Jiyong smiled as he laced his military boot from the edge of his bunker bed, excited to get this day on the road, knowing exactly what the end of today would bring to him.

 

Pushing himself up, Jiyong stood before a modest face mirror as he arranged his military beret cap. For a brief minute, Jiyong studied his face, noting the minute difference; his healthier look and the extra lines he had around his eyes. Jiyong smirked. Who knew his time in the military would rejuvenate him so?

 

Fleetingly, Jiyong reminisced the past two years. It hadn’t been easy in the slightest and as much as ridiculous scandals still managed to plague him (Favourable military treatment? Really? Tell that to his busted ankle and the new callus on both his hands), he did appreciate the time away from the spotlight. It was refreshing, truly, to leave G-Dragon behind; to live and grow solely as Kwon Jiyong the man. It almost, almost, made the sacrifice of leaving all his loved ones outside these barbed fences worth it.

 

Loved ones. And Jiyong smiled again, his heart warming, knowing from today forth, all his loved ones, one in particular, wouldn’t be out of his reach no more.

 

“Comrade! Look at you smiling so wide! That excited to get out of here huh?”

 

Jiyong chuckled as he turned to face Hyuk Min, his soldier buddy partner for the past year and half.

 

“More than you know.”

 

Hearing their in-charge hollering for them to assemble, Jiyong clapped Hyuk Min on his shoulders, “Come on, we better hurry before we get into trouble.”

 

Hyuk Min wrapped an arm around Jiyong’s shoulder, his arm stretched outright as his index finger pointed forward, “Let’s get ittttttttttttttttttttt!!!!”

 

Jiyong groaned, hating how everyone seemed to like using that catchphrase with him, while Hyuk Min cackled evilly, knowing just how much Jiyong hates it and relishing in the other man’s agony.

 

Jiyong eyed the crowd before him, taking in the sea of crying fangirls waving the famous yellow crown light stick and the horde of paparazzi snapping pictures after pictures after him, feeling a tad out of place, having acclimated to a non-public civilian lifestyle. Everyone seemed to be clamouring for the return of almighty G-Dragon but Jiyong wasn’t sure if he was in that much of a hurry to return to the merciless spotlight just yet.

 

“GD! What do you wish to do most now that you’re discharged?”

 

“G-Dragon, will Big Bang have a comeback?”

 

“GD! Are you excited to be out?”

 

"G-Dragon! Will you go solo?"

 

“G-Dragon! Now that Karl Lagerfeld has passed, are you still on the guest list for Chanel’s fashion show after your hiatus? ”

 

“GD look over here please!”

 

“GD! What are your plans for the future?”

 

With an easy practiced smile of a veteran of this brutal trade, Jiyong answered their questions, knowing the right things he was expected to say.

 

“I will return to my job and be faithful to my work.”

 

With a solemn salute and one last deep bow, Jiyong made his way away from the crowd, ignoring the screams begging for him to stay.

 

“Bet you didn’t miss this right?”

 

Jiyong groaned, shaking his head a little. “Just get me out of here manager hyung.”

 

Safely tucked at the back of his car, Jiyong rested his chin on his knuckles as he stared out of the tinted windows, watching as the scenery pass him by, knowing that with every tree and mountain passed, he was a step closer in reaching the person whom he had missed the most.

 

Unconsciously, Jiyong started humming the melody of a familiar tune, unaware that his manager was now looking at him through the rear view mirror.

 

“It used to be really nice, when I could be together with you. Sometimes when I was lonely and sad. If I can be together with you… Sing it na na na, the song na na na. This isn’t the end for us. Please let’s meet again when the flowers bloom.”

 

Smiling to himself, Jiyong eyed the bouquet of flowers that he had tasked his manager to prepare beforehand via the reflection of the window. Indeed, the time for the flowers to bloom has come.

 

“Sometimes funny things happen a lot. You met someone so undeserving like me. Will you be able to love someone again? I don’t think it would happen if it wasn’t for you. If my footsteps led me unconsciously. A ray of your light shone on me dazzlingly, a pretty flower road where I can feel a vibration. That’s where I was able to stand because of you. Roly poly toy.”

 

Jiyong’s smile dimmed as he grew sombre, hearing TOP rap in his head. She humbles him, he thought. Yoona always humbles him. To him, her love is akin a flower road; a path of pure beauty, a path fresh air cleansing the sins of his past, a place to heal and rejuvenate, something that he could gain strength from.

 

Briefly, Jiyong wondered how Seunghyun was doing and reminded himself to give the man a call later.

 

“If you’re going to leave, I’ll let you go. I’ll spread flowers on the way you go.”

 

At that, Jiyong’s smile grew into a gummy smile as he fought against chuckling out loud, recalling how violent Yoona got when she saw this particular set of lyrics.

 

“Yah!” shrieked Yoona as she swatted Jiyong’s back violently when she snuck a glance at his notepad over his shoulders.

“Do you really think that lowly of me? That I would leave you so easily?”

Jiyong chuckled, pinching her nose between his fingers as Yoona pouted.

“Not at all.” He reassured her, “It’s just… 2 years, much less one with little communication, is a really long time and I just wanted you to know that if your feelings fade and decide to leave that I won’t blame you, that I love you enough to let you go, that I love you so much that regardless of where you want to go, I’ll do my best to make sure your path will be filled with as little hardship as possible.”

Yoona sniffled as she pressed her index finger onto Jiyong’s forehead. “You’re an idiot.”

 

“If you miss me, come back to me. Love me when you’re back. Rest for a while along the flower path and wait for me there.”

 

This was his favourite part of the song’s lyrics, he thought, probably because they came from Yoona herself. If you miss me, just return and come back to me, she would always say then when they discussed their imminent separation. Love me properly when you’re back. You can always make up to me when you’ve discharged, was her reply whenever he confessed to her how apologetic he is knowing that he couldn’t be a good boyfriend for the next two years.

 

“You’ve always told me that my love for you always felt like you’re on a flower path, our own special flower path. So even if we’re separated, even if you can’t see me, trust in the flower path. Trust in it and rest, regain your energy from all your years spent in this toxic industry and wait for me there till I can join you on your journey again.”

 

Jiyong gave a rueful smile, shaking his head a little in awe. His girlfriend never fails to take his breath away sometimes.

 

“It used to be really nice when I could be together with you, sometimes even if I was lonely and sad. If I can be together with you. If I could be with you. I cried a lot but there were lots of times I laughed. This too shall pass so I’ll see you next time when flowers bloom.”

 

Humming, Jiyong tapped his fingers against his thigh to the beat of the song.

 

“365 days in a year, the only one in the world. You are the motive in my music, the person who enlightens me. I used to come up with lyrics leaning on your gigantic flower garden. I still remember it vividly, boom boom. The color of the blooming flowers is ten thousand. Infinite deep vibrations, Vivaladi’s four seasons.”

 

Jiyong chuckled, remembering the story behind ‘your gigantic flower garden’. What the world doesn’t know is that Im Yoona has abit of a green thumb. What the world, also, doesn’t quite know is that Yoona is a lot kookier than what was portrayed on tv.

 

“What in the world is this??!!”

“A garden! My own personal botantic garden!” exclaimed Yoona with a smear of brown soil on her cheek.

Jiyong was sure his eyes were going to pop out of its sockets anytime now as he stared wide-eyed at the sight before him. Pots after pots of various flowers and shrubs lined the perimeter of the balcony patio of Yoona’s apartment with some of them hanging from the ceiling. Heck, there was even a small koi pond to his right diagonally.

“Babe… you do realized this isn’t a yard but a balcony patio of a high rise luxury apartment right?”

“Yes but don’t you think this looks absolutely amazing? I’ve created a legitimate garden! Look I’ve even bought tomato and chilli peppers seed so I can harvest my own crops now. I plan to conquer cucumbers and potat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter