Confession

Because of You

They had debuted for one year already but Minhyun had yet to confess his feelings to Dongho, or Baekho, his stage name. Baekho means white tiger, which Minhyun thought was very fitting for the older who looked fierce and full of charisma. He wanted to wait for the perfect time to declare his love and he needed to be sure that Baekho had the same feelings for him.

Through all his training years and the past one year, Baekho had taken a very good care of him. The elder often but he was always there during Minhyun's hardest time. When he went through a slump due to the constant pressure for their upcoming debut, Baekho was there, listening all night to his concerns and helped him with his vocal and choreography during their free time. Of course Jonghyun, Minki, and Aron were also helping him a lot as they continuously supported each other, but Minhyun felt that Baekho's affection was more than the rest.

From his observation, Minhyun was a hundred percent sure that Baekho cared about him, but he knew nothing about the latter's romantic interest. Beside him, there was another person who had been receiving most of Baekho's attention, Minki, or Ren. When they first debuted the company always paired Baekho together with Ren. Baekho's masculine charisma and Ren's beautiful charm made a perfect pair. The fans also supported them a lot, calling the pair Baekren.

Minhyun always told himself not to feel jealous. Baekho was not his boyfriend so he had no right to feel jealousy. He was also very fond of Ren, whom he considered as his little brother despite their same age. Whenever Baekho and Ren did their fanservice, Minhyun always chose to look away. Initially, Baekho and Ren were not particularly close and rarely interacted when they were at the dorm. Ren usually went off with JR and Baekho playing around with him or Aron. But due to the fanservices, Baekho and Ren also became extremely close in real life, they sat next to each other inside the car and often went out together for a late night snack.

"Minhyun-ah, do you want to go with us?" Baekho asked Minhyun when he was lazing around in the dorm.

"Where are you going?" Minhyun asked back. He wanted to go with Baekho but he did not want to be hurt seeing the older with Ren.

"Minki and I are going to go to Gangnam to grab some snacks. JR is busy with his game and Aron-hyung said he was lazy. So, you want to come?"

"I think I'll pass. There are some movies I want to watch." Minhyun rejected Baekho's offer with a smile. Baekho looked disappointed but quickly smiled back to Minhyun and said goodbye to the younger.

That night, Minhyun could not sleep as he had a lot in his mind. He had never meant to avoid Baekho but he could not control himself whenever he saw the older with Ren. He felt that he was slowly getting further from his crush, and he was responsible for that. Being a friend was much better than being a stranger and he realized that he could be a stranger to the older if he did not mend their relationship. A knock disturbed him as he moaned a lazy come in.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a moment?" JR said quietly, his head peeking through Minhyun's bedroom door.

"Sure. What do you need?" Minhyun asked. It was already late and JR rarely went into his room since the older was usually cooped up inside his own room, playing games or watching some animations.

"Are you okay? You look distant lately and I can't help but notice that you're avoiding Baekho. You two having a fight?" JR asked him.

"I'm fine, just have a lot things going on lately. Oh, and we are fine, Baekho and I." Minhyun smiled, hoping that his leader would not notice the lies he just blatantly said.

"Don't lie to me. I can clearly see that something is bothering you. You can tell me, I promise I won't tell anyone." Of course JR would be able to see through him. JR was not the leader for no reason.

"I'll tell you the truth. I'm not okay. I think I'm going crazy." Minhyun sighed, avoiding JR's stare. JR did not say anything, waiting for Minhyun to continue his story. "Have you ever loved somebody so much that it hurts like hell to see that person being close with someone else?"

"I can relate. Is that person one of our members?" JR was silent at first, but then smiled sadly and responded to Minhyun.

"Yes. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to add your burden as our leader. I'll sort out my feelings and try to behave normally." Minhyun felt guilty at that time. Dating was prohibited and his rift with Baekho could affect the whole team. He was so busy thinking about himself that he did not remember about the other members.

"Don't. Don't escape from your feelings and regret it later on. Why don't you try talking to that person? He just told me that he was really worried about you." JR said, holding Minhyun's hand to give the younger strength. Minhyun was surprised at JR's answer. Rather than asking him to stop his crush for the sake of the team the older actually told him to embrace his feelings.

"Okay, I will. Thank you leader-nim." Minhyun was really lucky to have a caring leader who always put s first. When JR was walking away from him, Minhyun suddenly remembered something and became curious. "Oh, and I don't want to be nosy but do you like one of our members too?"

"A lot. But I don't know about his feelings." His leader said, looking away from Minhyun.

"No one sane will reject you. Just be yourself and do what you told me to do." Minhyun said. The leader was perfect, with a great visual, talent, and angel-like personality. It was just that someone else already took Minhyun's heart. JR chuckled and muttered a quick thanks before leaving the room.

Talking with JR really helped Minhyun to think clearly. No matter what Baekho's response might be, he needed to tell the older his feelings. Just like what JR said, he did not want to regret it later on if he kept his feelings to himself. The first thing he did the next morning was going inside Baekho's room for a private conversation.

Baekho was a very heavy sleeper. Minhyun was sure that the older was still sleeping when he went inside the later's room. He contemplated for a bit before making up his mind and woke the sleeping tiger.

"Oh, Minhyun-ah. What are you doing here this early?" Baekho said sleepily, his eyes were still half-closed as he tried to sit.

"Actually, I need to tell you something important." Minhyun said nervously. Hearing what Minhyun said made Baekho looked more alert, his sleepiness slowly gone.

"What is it?" Baekho also sounded very nervous, as he looked at Minhyun directly, waiting for the younger.

"I like you. No, I love you. I'm not hoping for you to feel the same but I need to tell you. I have liked you since we were trainees. You were very caring and kind to me and I fell for you." Minhyun blabbered, looking at the ground, preparing himself for a rejection. Silence occupied the room for what felt like a long time. Minhyun was about to leave the room when Baekho suddenly spoke.

"I... I didn't expect that. I thought that you hated me. You have been avoiding me lately and I was so worried." Baekho said, looking at Minhyun with a surprised expression.

"I have never hated you. Not even for one second. I was just jealous that you were spending most of your time with Minki. I'm sorry for making you worried about me."

"Minki and I are only friends. And I felt like I was in hell when you avoided me these last few weeks. You know why? Because I love you too. And I can't stand it when you're distancing yourself away from me." Baekho grabbed Minhyun's arm, pulling the younger into a fierce hug. Both of them stayed in that position, inhaling each other's scent, thinking about their confessions that just happened.

"I love you. I love you so much." Minhyun said happily, feeling like he was in a dream, a very sweet dream.

"I love you too." Baekho grinned, his arms still around the younger. Both of them spent the rest of the day alone, talking and enjoying each other's presence.

Since that day, Minhyun and Baekho had been inseparable. Although they were not the romantic type, with the constant bickering and teasing, they were always there for each other.

P.s. hope you guys enjoy this chapter! The next chapter will be an angst set before PD101 ^^