The Beginning

Because of You

Minhyun remembered the first time they met each other. He was the fourth trainee to join Nu'est, the last being Aron. He had always been the quite type so he was feeling a bit concerned about how to mingle with the other trainees. The first one person who talked to him at that time was a rather muscular boy with a goofy smile, Kang Dongho.

"Hello. I am Dongho, Kang Dongho. You must be Hwang Minhyun." The boy said with a voice full of excitement to Minhyun.

"Yes, I am. You can call me Minhyun." Minhyun replied brightly, smiling at the boy in front of him. And from that day onwards, they became best friends.

Being a trainee from such a young age, Minhyun had never experienced things normal people do. He had never had a part-time jobs, he rarely went out with his schoolmates, and he had never dated. The people inside his life were just his family and the other four members. Most of his time was spent inside the practice room, just the five of them, preparing for their debut.

Although the path toward their debut was difficult, Minhyun had never complained. He felt happy doing it together with his friends. Even ramyun tasted so good when he ate it together with the others. Jonghyun, Minki, Dongho, and Aron were like brothers to him, and he loved them like a real family. Since they were not able to meet other people often, it was natural for them to become dependent on one another.

Minhyun loved all members equally, at first. But slowly, a certain member made him feel something he had never felt before. Dongho had always and the other members, pulling pranks and annoyed them. Yet, Minhyun could feel the other boy's tenderness on some ocassions, which touched Minhyun's heart.

Once, Minhyun was practicing really hard that he fell asleep on the floor of their practice room. He had prepared himself to get a sore back the next day. He was really surprised when the next morning, he found himself on his own bed, with a blanket on top of him. The mystery was solved by a sudden knock on his door.

"Hey. I saw you sleeping on the floor yesterday and I thought that you might get a sore back, so I brought you home." Dongho grinned, his hand rubbing his nape.

"What? You carried me all the way here?" Minhyun was shocked by Dongho's action. The way to the dorm was quite long, and he was quite heavy, especially to someone whose size was similar to him.

"Yeah. You owe me one." Baekho smiled and left the room, leaving Minhyun deep in thoughts. It was the first time someone had ever shown that amount of affection to him and it made Minhyun felt warm inside.

The second time Dongho did something unexpected was during their holiday. Every three months or so, all trainees got a three days holiday to boost their mood. Minhyun was already ecstatic to visit his parents to Busan. However, his parents had to go to another place for an important business which could not be delayed, so Minhyun could not return home at that time. Minki who was also from Busan offered him to go to his place, but Minhyun refused the younger's offer since he did not want to burden Minki's family and decided to train more instead.

When Minhyun told the other members that he would stay and practice more Dongho did not say anything. The holiday finally came. Minhyun had prepared himself to spend the next three days alone, practicing, resting, and watching movies. One by one the members left. Minki went to Busan to meet his family and Jonghyun to Kangwondo with Aron who decided to follow Jonghyun to see the mountain. However, Dongho did not go anywhere. He stayed in their dorm without any sign of leaving.

"Aren't you going home?" Minhyun asked curiously, wondering why Dongho was still there with his suitcase unpacked.

"I'm staying here. I told my mom already that I would not be coming home this time." Dongho replied nonchalantly.

"Why? Don't you miss your parents?" Minhyun asked further. He wanted to know what reason could make Dongho cancelled his plan to meet his parents.

"I can't leave you alone here, can I? So I asked my parents to visit me here instead. I promised them that I would introduce my special friend to them." Dongho answered, smiling at Minhyun.

That was the moment Minhyun knew that his heart did not belong to himself anymore, since the boy in front of him had unconsciously taken it from him. Minhyun spent the holiday with Dongho and his parents. They got to know each other deeper and Minhyun fell for the older more.

As they spent more time together, Minhyun's feelings toward Dongho grew stronger. What started as a friendship had evolved to a strong romantic affection. Not telling the older what he felt was killing Minhyun inside, but he did not want to disturb Dongho, especially when they had to focus on their debut.

Minhyun promised himself that he would confess his feelings after their debut. He was not sure about the older's feelings, but he was sure about his own. Knowing that his feelings toward Dongho was genuine and unchanged was enough for him to treasure his love, protecting it and waiting for the right time to tell the older his true feelings.