Everything’s a Risk

Eye Eye Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana’s smiling at me like she knows something that I don’t know. She’s been doing it all day whenever she thinks I’m not looking. Also she’s been singing “Take a Chance on Me” by ABBA, her absolute favorite band of all time. She’s breathtakingly out of tune and seems happy. Well, good for her.

It’s 12:30 p.m. and I have half an hour for lunch before my history tutor comes online. I’m not even hungry. I’m basically never hungry anymore. Apparently a body can exist on IM alone.

Sana’s not looking, so I take a look on my phone. Heol, I got thirteen messages from Chaeyoung since the last night. She spammed me at 3 a.m. and i am damn curious about the things she sent. I started to smile unconsciously, thinking that Chaeyoung is actually looking for me.

I want to read them, am dying to read them, but I have to be careful with Sana in the room. I took a glance over and find her staring back at me eyebrows raised. Did she know something?

“What’s so interesting on your phone that you are blushing mina-ya?” she asks. God. This squirrel definitely knows.

I draw my chair closer to the desk and placed my phone beside the laptop. Then I grabbed a sandwich that's supposed to be my lunch.

“Nothing.” I took a bite of the sandwich. Remaining myself calm.

“It’s nothing huh? But something is making you laugh over there.” She inches closer, smiling at me. Her brown eyes crinkle at the corners and her smile reaches the edge of her face.

“Nah I'm just watching a girl group TWICE performing on stage, they are so pretty.” I said through a mouthful of sandwich. Ugh, wrong thing to say. Sana lives for girls idol girl groups. She think that they’re the only thing that is fun to be watch.  She adore girlies that much.

She swings her legs and walked to me, stand behind me, and reaches for my phone.

I'd dropped a sandwich and grab my phone immediately and I hid it on my pocket. Ergh, why am I so terrible at lying? And I say the first thing that pops into my head. “You don’t want to see this one, Sana. They are bad at performance. They're lip syncing.” (LMAO)

We stared at each other in a kind of shocked standoff for a few seconds. I am shocked because I'm such an idiot and for saying that.  It's not like she's buying it.  Sana got shocked that for the first time with an unbelievable expression. Seriously minari? You look like an idiot. 

Sana's jaws dropped comically, like a frighten squirrel, and her big round eyes get even bigger and rounder. She bends over at the waist, slap her knees, and laughing with the sounds of people wiping the windows, crazily. Whose actually slap their knees while laughing?

“You mean to tell me the only thing you could think to say was Twice can't sing?” She’s laughing again.

“So you know.”

“Well, if I didn’t know before I would surely know now.  But who care when they are so pretty, funny and charming I would be gay for them. Oh no, I'm already gay”

She laughed a little more, slap her knees again. “Oh, you should’ve seen your face.”

“It’s not that funny,” I grumbled, gettin' annoyed that I gave myself away.

“You forgot that I have tons of their videos on my laptop singing lives. Besides, you, Miss Thing, are not any good at hiding things. I see you checking your e-mail and looking for someone out of the window.”

I put my laptop back down on the desk. “So, you’re not mad at me?” I ask, relieved.

She hands me back my sandwich. “It depends. Why were you hiding it from me?” Sana says, while standing beside me.

“I didn’t want you to worry about me getting sad again.” I pouted, feeling insecure.

She eyed me for a long second within a concern voice. “Do I need to worry?”

“No. You don't have to Sana.  I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter