Needles and threads

Short Changki stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Grandma, do you want me to help you back there?” Kihyun yelled, waiting for an answer. He moved his pink bangs aside and heard a low ‘no, sweetie’ in response. He knew the old woman didn’t want him to help her that much with her business but Kihyun didn’t mind; he had nothing to do in the afternoon. His grandmother had a haberdashery and she only hired one employee. Seulgi - the assistant - wasn’t a brilliant woman and she always had trouble in finding what the clients wanted. Kihyun couldn’t let that happen so he stayed every afternoon to help.

Kihyun did everything for his grandma but that wasn’t the only reason why he was there. Every week, his grandmother asked for more goods to re-fill her shelves and the glass counter. The pink haired waited anxiously for that moment because he got to see the handsome guy who brought all the products for them. Kihyun could tell he wasn’t very happy to do it and he was wondering if that was his actual job or if he was just helping his family like him. Maybe the brunette male only did it for his parents or maybe he needed a job and he didn’t find anything else. Kihyun was curious to know but he didn’t have the courage to start a conversation with him. They just greeted each other, exchanged money and goods, the handsome guy helped him take the boxes inside the shop and then left. But he would make sure everything was different that day.

“Kihyun, she needs a special kind of wool I can’t find” Seulgi whispered and the pink haired went to the shelves to look for it. He then placed the wool inside a bag and walked her to the cashier. “Thank you” Seulgi said after the woman left. “I don’t know how to survive without you” she added and Kihyun laughed.

“Don’t worry, I’m here to help” he replied, patting her back in a comforting manner.

“Oh, there’s the delivery man” Seulgi pointed at the door and Kihyun saw the handsome brunette getting out of the van he drove. He was wearing his usual black jeans with the company’s t-shirt and he had his usual tired expression. “Do you want me to go this time?” she asked and Kihyun shook his head.

“It’s fine, stay with the clients, I’m sure grandma won’t take long in returning” the pink haired combed his bangs a little and opened the door for him. “Hi again” he chuckled. “How many boxes?” he asked with a smile but the man didn’t smile back as usual. He was kind of pale and didn’t look good at all. “Hey, are you okay?” Kihyun waved his hand in front of his companion’s face.

“Hi” he finally spoke. “I’m sorry, I’m not feeling so well, I think my blood pressure lowered” he touched his forehead and Kihyun couldn’t help to drag him inside, letting him sit on a chair that was behind the counter.

“Wait here, I’ll bring you some salt” the pink haired ran to the tiny kitchen the place had and prepared some water with salt. Seulgi followed him when the last client left and she had a confused expression on her face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter