Parents for the day

Short Changki stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, no, no” Kihyun shook his head when his friend Hyungwon asked him to take care of his daughter. “She’s too small and I don’t think Changkyun will appreciate to find a kid in our apartment when he gets back from work” the redhead explained his reasons. “Why can’t you hire a babysitter for her and Siwoo?” Kihyun asked and Hyungwon sighed.

“Siwoo went to his first school camp” Hyungwon had a good reason but he didn’t know if he could say yes. His boyfriend was very awkward around people and they didn’t have experience with babies. Eunji was only one year old and she cried a lot according to Lucy - Hyungwon’s wife -. “Oh come on, Kihyun-ah! We need to have a date night once in a while and Lucy thought of you two to take care of her because she says you’d make very cute parents” Hyungwon begged and Kihyun gave up.

“Fine, leave her here” he said, earning a bright smile from his friend. “I’m just warning you, Changkyunnie won’t be happy about it” he added and Hyungwon chuckled. “He’s been working 24/7 this week because he had to finish a huge design” Kihyun felt a little guilty for accepting because Changkyun didn’t sleep for more than an hour the night before.

“Changkyunnie won’t be happy? He’s like an obedient puppy around you, I’m sure he’ll just shut up and take care of her” Hyungwon spoke and it was true, Changkyun complained a lot but he did everything in the end. “He can sleep if he’s tired though” the tall one checked on Eunji that was playing on the carpeted floor with some of her toys. “You can take care of her” he added and suddenly slapped the child’s hand very softly. “Yah, don’t eat that!” Hyungwon used his grandpa tone of voice and Kihyun muffled his laughter because it was hilarious. Eunji started crying and his father picked her up from the floor to pat her back gently. “Aigoo~” he repeated, trying to calm her down with his palm. “Go with uncle Kihyun” he handed the baby to Kihyun and she instantly relaxed. She loved Kihyun and Changkyun but they only saw her for a few hours on weekends, they never kept her an entire night.

“Hi, Eunji~” Kihyun used a soft voice to talk to her and she wouldn’t stop staring at him with an amazed expression on her face. “She’s so cute” Kihyun pecked her cheek. “Do you want to stay with us tonight? We can watch cartoons and draw” he said and the baby smiled.

“See? She loves you” Hyungwon’s way of convincing him was funny but Kihyun decided to just ignore him. “Okay, I’m gonna leave before Lucy murders me” he stood up and the redhead followed him to the door. “I left her bag there” he pointed at the couch. “Make sure to change her and feed her with the baby food I left you, not with those potato chips you eat as a snack” he made Kihyun roll his eyes at that because he wasn’t stupid. He just gave her one chip one afternoon but nothing more. Hyungwon wouldn’t stop bothering him though, he enjoyed that very much. “Oh and make sure she takes a bath too” he made Kihyun sigh.

“I seriously have to do all those stuff? It’s your daughter, Chae Hyungwon. Why don’t you bathe her tomorrow night?” he asked but his friend greeted his baby, pecking her fat cheeks before locking the door behind him, leaving Kihyun alone there. “Aish, your father loves to tease uncle Kihyun, don’t you think?” the redhead smiled toothlessly at Eunji to then drag her back to the living room. He loved children but he didn’t know if it was a good idea to have her for a night. Changkyun and him weren’t experienced and, even if the girl loved them, they didn’t know if they would handle it for so long. Kihyun sat on the floor with her and started playing, making her laugh a lot. Eunji was a quiet baby and Kihyun wasn’t surprised. Hyungwon and Lucy were both lazy so their children were just like them. The redhead had a heart attack every time he went to their house; it was such a mess.

Kihyun stayed there with Eunji, playing with her and enjoying the silence surrounding them. Eunji sometimes tried to tell him something by pointing at things or blurting out strange words Kihyun didn’t really understand but, aside from the eventual talk, the place was quiet. The redhead received a text from Changkyun at 6pm and he was glad to read good news. Apparently, the client loved his project and his company gave him a promotion for that. It was his dream to become a successful designer and he was slowly achieving it. Kihyun was worried about his health but he tried to be supportive and took care of him.

The front door opened after thirty minutes and a tired looking Changkyun appeared at the living room’s entrance. Kihyun couldn’t help to chuckle at his shocked expression when Eunji called his name - she said Yun only because Changkyun was really hard to pronounce for her -. “Hey, Eunji-yah~” he said in a cute voice, trying to make it sound less deep and low. He then picked the baby up from the floor and she pecked his cheek as she usually did. “How pretty you are today” he tapped her nose with his index finger, making her laugh loudly. Changkyun laughed too and then left her on the carpeted surface once more. “What’s she doing here? Is Hyungwon-hyung busy?” he asked in a whisper, kissing Kihyun’s lips lovingly to then sit by his side. He left his briefcase on the coffee table that was against the room’s corner because Kihyun moved it aside to let Eunji play comfortably.

“Hyungwon asked me to take care of her so they can have a date night” Kihyun explained, pecking Changkyun’s lips one more time. “I missed you” he whispered and Eunji stared at them in curiosity.

“Me too, baby” Changkyun answered with a grin to then turn around to look at the child. “Where’s your brother, Eunji-yah~?” the designer asked, even if he knew Eunji wouldn’t answer his question.

“Oh! I forgot to tell you, Siwoo is at his first school camp” Kihyun explained. “And she’ll be staying over for the night” the redhead saw his boyfriend whining a bit to then stand up.

“Do we have to change her diapers? I at being a parent, Kihyunnie-hyung” Changkyun didn’t realized he said a bad word in front of Eunji so Kihyun covered her ears. “Oh God, I’m sorry” he apologized. “See? That’s what I’m talking about” he was such a drama queen.

“You are good father, you just have to try” Kihyun told him to cheer him up. He knew the younger was tired because he’d been sleeping one or two hours a day lately but he was really cute with children, Kihyun knew that.

“Okay, I’ll try my best for you and Eunji” Changkyun kissed his cheek before walking to the bedroom. “I’ll take a quick shower and I’ll be back!” he yelled.

“Okay, love!” Kihyun yelled back and Eunji imitated him, making him giggle. She kept on screaming things, trying to talk to Changkyun from afar and the redhead found it so cute he couldn’t stop laughing.

Once Changkyun was back - wearing his fluffy pajamas - Eunji threw her arms in his direction and he picked her up, sitting carefully on the floor not to make her fall. “Are you hungry, Eunji-yah?” he asked but the baby shook her head.

“She was talking to you seconds ago” Kihyun said. “You should have seen her, it was so cute” he chuckled and Changkyun smiled. “Can you take care of her while I cook? We can feed her while we eat” he proposed and his boyfriend nodded. Kihyun stood up and started cutting meat on the kitchen’s island to watch the other two. He was scared Changkyun suddenly fell a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter