Pink, pink and more pink

Short Changki stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kihyun never thought he would see pink every time he looked at the mirror. He liked black a lot and he dressed all in that color most of the times. He worked as a fashion events organizer and he loved picking different colors for his shows but he truly hated pink. It was all his mother’s fault; she always wanted him to be a girl so she dressed him in that color all the time. He ended up hating it and, days before, he ended up with a pink head thanks to a stupid stylist his friend Hyungwon sent him to.

It all happened one Sunday afternoon. Kihyun was ready for his usual dye but his stylist, Cha Hakyeon, was busy. Hyungwon quickly recommended someone to him, someone named Im Changkyun, and Kihyun regretted trusting his friend when he saw the pink color on his head. He had been reading a magazine while the other dyed his hair so, the moment he looked at the mirror, he almost died. Kihyun covered his mouth, screaming like a girl in a horror movie and Changkyun didn’t understand what was happening. The events organizer stood up, throwing all kind of insults to the stylist while he headed to the door. He wouldn’t pay for something like that, he asked for a light brown color.

“Why are you insulting me?! I did what your friend told me to!” Changkyun followed him and all eyes were on them while they fought. “Hey! Come back here!” he yelled, trying to grab Kihyun’s wrist with no success.

“I’m not paying! Have a nice day” Kihyun turned around only to say that before leaving the salon. Changkyun didn’t stay there though, he followed him until he got into his car and left the place. It was late at night when he arrived home and he decided he would buy some black dye the next day to get rid of that color.

The next morning, he stared at the mirror with a frown. He hated what he saw but he was extremely busy that week and he needed to finish his work before going to a shop to buy black dye. The weird thing was that he received a very pleasant reaction from his coworkers and he started feeling a bit guilty. ‘Maybe I overreacted a little’ Kihyun thought that morning. ‘Just a little’ he stared at the others with a smile but decided to buy the black dye anyway.

 

 

“Sir, I swear I did what they told me! He left without paying and insulted me even before I could fix his hair” Changkyun couldn’t believe he had to defend himself from his boss after what happened with that crazy guy. “I tried to tell him I could dye it back to its previous color but he wouldn’t listen! I swear!” he did his best to convince the elder everything he said was the truth but he narrowed his eyes and Changkyun knew that wasn’t good.

“It was your fault” Mr. Kim said. “Remember out policy, we always have to make clients happy” he added, making the younger sigh in annoyance. “And you clearly didn’t” he kept on scolding his employee. “Why did you take orders from another guy? You should have listened to the client” he was right about that but he knew Hyungwon and he thought the other guy was his friend. They both worked for the fashion industry and they seemed close when they arrived to the salon. Changkyun thought maybe he could talk to Hyungwon to fix things and make that guy pay.

“I just-

“Shush! No excuses” Mr. Kim said. “You are lucky I didn’t fire you” he made the younger panic a bit. “You can keep your job if you pay for the materials you used, understood?” Changkyun nodded, staring at the floor in shame. “And this is my last warning” his boss went back to his office and left the employee alone with his coworkers.

“Hey, we are with you” Jeonghan whispered not to be heard by their boss. “What a crazy person” he shook his head and Changkyun growled, walking to the cashier to pay for the materials he used the day before. It was really unfair but he couldn’t do anything, he had Hyungwon’s name for the appointment and they never forced the clients to fill forms if they didn’t want to. Changkyun returned to his job after that and tried to forget about it, even if he was frustrated and angry.

 

 

“Nice color” Hyungwon patted Kihyun’s back when he entered their office. A week went by after the incident and he did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter