I told you!

Short Changki stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone! I'm back with this long one shot inspired in 'A fantastic fear of everything' the movie hihi

It's a little weird but if you saw the movie you'd understand ^^

Hope you like it <3

 

 

Kihyun woke up that morning by the loud scream he heard from Changkyun’s bedroom. The latter was his best friend and they lived together in the university’s dorm. Weeks ago, the younger started having some weird nightmares about murderers and Kihyun knew everything was because of that stupid essay he’d been writing about murder cases. Changkyun couldn’t sleep much due to the great amount of work he had to do for his classes and his incredible imagination. The dark circles under his eyes were bigger and bigger each day, making the elder get worried. Kihyun couldn’t believe he was able to imagine those crazy scenarios; he wondered where they came from. The younger male had a brilliant mind but he sometimes thought he needed a psychologist.

After hearing the loud scream that woke him up, he saw his roommate opening the door of his dormitory to then jump on his bed and hug him tightly. He hid his face in the space between Kihyun’s neck and shoulder and his body shook from head to toes. “He was staring at me from outside the window! I swear!” he said, making Kihyun chuckle. Changkyun looked like a cute baby clinging to him like that and he tried his best to stop smiling like a fool.

“Hey” Kihyun spoke gently not to startle him even more. He wanted his best friend to be fine and he clearly wasn’t. He checked his clock that was on his nightstand and discovered it was only 3am. Everything was dark and he understood the reason after looking at the hour. “Don’t be scared, it was probably a dream, Changkyunnie” Kihyun caressed the black strands of hair softly. “Do you want me to check on the window?” he asked, even if it was impossible for a person to climb that high. Their tiny apartment was on the 9th floor and he doubted a murderer would go there just to kill Changkyun. If a murderer wished to kill someone, he would kill someone from the 1st floor.

“No! Don’t go there, hyung” the younger yelled, squeezing him harder not to let him move.

“Don’t worry, nothing will happen” Kihyun patted his companion’s back. “I just want to show you there’s no one there” he forced his roommate up - holding his hand securely to let him know he would be there no matter what - and walked to the other bedroom, rolling his eyes when he saw the lights on and moving the translucent white curtain that was covering the window. “See? There’s no one here” he said, softly opening the window - even if it was cold at night - to show him there was no one climbing on the building either. “And there’s no one here either” he added and Changkyun’s heavy breathing faded a bit.

“I’m sure there was someone there” the black haired whined with a cute pout. “I saw the shadow of a man behind the curtain” he explained, not letting go of Kihyun’s hand. The latter closed the window and the curtain before turning to his best friend. He placed both hands on the younger’s face and stared at him with a comforting smile.

“Look, I know you are scared” he started his speech. “But you need to sleep, Kyunnie-yah” he went on, letting his maternal side take over. “You don’t look healthy and you are all day long paranoid about killers that don’t exist” Kihyun saw the other trying to speak. “Shush! They don’t exist, you are imagining things” he made sure Changkyun got the message. “Now do me a favor and sleep at least five more hours” he ordered and his best friend pouted again.

“I wasn’t sleeping when I saw him” Changkyun insisted. “I swear! I was reading my History book” his voice was higher than usual and he sounded very cute, as if he was doing aegyo. “I couldn’t sleep and I figured it would be good to study a bit of History” he explained, forgetting about everything Kihyun said seconds ago. “And he appeared there to murder me! I felt someone chasing me this morning and now he’s there” he pointed at the window and shivered visibly.

“You are just paranoid, please stop it” Kihyun sighed. “It’s three in the morning, Im Changkyun, and I want to sleep well because I have an exam tomorrow! Got it?” he dropped his soft voice, feeling suddenly impatient.

“I’m sorry... you are right” the black haired gave up. “Can I sleep with you?” Kihyun sighed once more after hearing that question. “Please, hyung~” he made that stupid aegyo voice again and the elder nodded. The younger’s hand never let his go and they climbed onto his bed after turning off the lights from Changkyun’s bedroom. The latter squeezed him as if he was his lifeline and automatically fell asleep. Kihyun stared for long minutes, feeling relieved at the sight of his friend finally sleeping. ‘He was never this scared for anything’ he thought, finding it weird. Changkyun was a brave person, he feared nothing, and that was the reason of Kihyun’s worry.

“Why are you acting like this?” Kihyun whispered, caressing the soft bangs. He hoped everything would end soon because he could see the younger deeply affected by it and he didn’t like it at all.

 

 

“Kihyun-hyung!” Kihyun heard Hyungwon’s voice from behind while he walked to his first class of the day. He left Changkyun sleeping because he looked incredibly tired and he opened his eyes for two seconds to then whine and close them again. Kihyun hoped he didn’t get scared when he woke up alone in their dorm. “Where’s Changkyun?” Hyungwon asked, finally reaching him. “I was sending him texts but he didn’t answer any of them” he started searching for something inside his backpack. “I have this! He got the highest score” it was that damn essay which made Changkyun paranoid and scared of getting murdered. “He missed the last class yesterday, is he okay? He looks pretty bad lately” he kept on talking, not giving Kihyun a chance to answer.

“Hyungwon! One question at a time” he sighed. “He’s sleeping, I left him in my bedroom because he wouldn’t wake up” he explained and Hyungwon suddenly showed that erted smile on his face.

“Is that rated?” he giggled in a erted manner and Kihyun rolled his eyes.

“No, Hyungwon, he was just scared and I let him sleep with me” the elder couldn’t believe how much patience he had with his weird friends. “You can give me his essay, I’ll give it to him in the afternoon when I get back to the dorm” he took the paper away from Hyungwon’s hands. “And I don’t think he’s okay... he’s always paranoid about a thousand murderers that are trying to kill him” he was tired of it, even if he didn’t show it to Changkyun. He wanted to help but maybe he just couldn’t. “I think we should take him to a psychologist or something” he proposed because he knew Hyungwon worried about Changkyun as if he was his little brother.

“Why didn’t he tell me?” Hyungwon whined. “We don’t need a psychologist, I can help!” the tall one said and Kihyun protested. They wouldn’t help Changkyun themselves, it was impossible. His paranoia was just too extreme for them to handle.

“Hyungwon, I’m serious” the elder didn’t know how to convince the other. “He hasn’t been sleeping at all and he’s always carrying scissors with him to ‘defend’ himself” Kihyun couldn’t stop sighing. “I’m worried about him” he confessed for the first time in front of Hyungwon; he hoped the latter wouldn’t make fun of him saying he liked Changkyun.

“I’m worried too” the tall one said and Kihyun felt so relieved. “Okay, let’s do this” Hyungwon apparently had an idea. “I’ll keep him company when you are in your classes - since we are both studying journalism - and you can be with him at night and seduce him” and there it was; Kihyun was sure there was a part in that plan where he would be involved. “If he’s busy having , I’m sure he’ll sleep well and maybe forget about the murderers he’s imagining” he winked and Kihyun rolled his eyes to then start walking again, trying to leave Hyungwon behind. “Hyung!” the tall one yelled and followed him.

 

 

Kihyun arrived to the dorm in the evening, hoping to find Changkyun sleeping peacefully on his bed. The entire apartment was dark, except for a dim light that came from their tiny kitchen. ‘I’m so glad’ he thought, slowly placing the groceries he bought on the counter. He walked through the hallway and checked inside his bedroom, thinking he would find Changkyun there. He was wrong though, the younger wasn’t there and he started panicking. What if the other went out of the dorm to look for him? The black haired wasn’t with Hyungwon at their last class of the day and that meant he didn’t go to the university at all.

Kihyun decided to keep on going, finding Changkyun’s bedroom’s door closed. ‘He’s here’ he thought, feeling relieved for a few seconds. He slowly pushed the door open but the younger wasn’t there either. His bed was empty and his books were- “His books are gone” he whispered to himself and didn’t know what came into him when he opened the closet’s door. Changkyun was there sleeping, curled like a ball with his books in his arms. “Changkyun” Kihyun touched his shoulder gently not to scare him but he didn’t succeed. His roommate woke up abruptly, screaming like crazy, until he noticed who he was.

“Hyung!” he said, rubbing his eyes to be sure. “I’m sorry I thought you were a-

“Murderer, I know” Kihyun tried not to lose his patience and sat on the carpeted floor in front of the other. “What are you doing in here?” he asked in curiosity. Even if the stories Changkyun imagined were starting to annoy him, they were kind of interesting to hear. He didn’t know how a person could have that incredible imagination and it was the first time he saw that side of Changkyun. The latter was childlike sometimes but he never saw him scared; it was weird.

“I woke up at noon and got up to make something for lunch but” he paused, staring for a few seconds at the window. “When I tried to open the curtains to see better, I saw a shadow behind it and ran to my bedroom to hide” he said, having Kihyun’s full attention. “But the shadow was here too! So I took my books and hid here...” Kihyun could see he was starting to lose confidence and he found it funny. “I know you don’t believe me” he whispered to then stare at his knees with a visible blush. “I’m sorry you have to handle with me being like this” he apologized and Kihyun couldn’t help to laugh because it was way too cute.

“You are so cute~” the elder pinched Changkyun’s cheeks, making him blush deeper. His hands flew upwards to cover his flushed face but Kihyun gently pushed them away. “Look, you have to relax, Changkyunnie” he didn’t realize their hands latched together while they talked. “Those murderers aren’t real and you have to think about it every time you see a shadow” he continued and his best friend nodded. “How do you know it isn’t just a tree shadow?” he asked and Changkyun opened his mouth to answer but then closed it. “You were never a coward, what made you think murderers are following you?” Kihyun needed to know everything.

“You are right... I wasn’t scared of anything weeks ago” the black haired admitted. “It was because of that essay! I was an entire week writing it because it was too damn long and I started seeing those shadows while I was working” he confessed and Kihyun understood. “I guess I’m just paranoid” Changkyun sighed. “I’ll try to stop, I promise” he smiled toothlessly and the elder dragged him outside the wardrobe.

“Are you hungry? I bought some food on my way home” Kihyun said and Changkyun nodded.

“Hyung” the younger called him and softly pulled from his wrist to make him stop walking. “Thank you for everything” he suddenly hugged him and Kihyun blushed a little. “I’m lucky to have you” he smiled and the elder punched his arm.

“Ugh, so cheesy” he joked and dragged his roommate to the kitchen to finally eat something.

 

 

Changkyun woke up the next morning in a tangled mess with Kihyun’s sheets - his roommate let him sleep with him again and he was really happy about it - and he yawned, finding the elder returning from the bathroom to change after a shower. “Oh, hi!” Kihyun softly said, flashing him a cute smile. “You can use the bathroom if you want to” he added and Changkyun nodded, hugging the pillow tightly before returning it to its place to stand up. “Did you sleep well?” Kihyun asked when he started searching for an outfit to wear inside his closet.

“Yeah” Changkyun grinned. “Thank you for letting me sleep here again” he bowed slightly and the elder laughed.

“It’s fine, big baby” his roommate made fun of him but he felt pretty satisfied because he managed to sleep twice with his best friend slash secret crush. The black haired tried a thousand times to tell him how he felt though he didn’t find the right moment. It was as if life was playing a twisted game with him so he just decided to drop it. Maybe he wouldn’t have to tell Kihyun, maybe Kihyun would tell him first. ‘Yeah, right’ he thought while heading to the bathroom.

Their dorm was incredibly illuminated and Changkyun realized the elder opened all the curtains for him not to get scared. The black haired smiled to himself, closing the door behind him to then open the hot water. He finally felt awake after three weeks; his energy was slowly returning to his tired body. Changkyun didn’t think sleeping was an important part of his life but he had to admit it helped a lot. He hoped he would be able to forget about his paranoia and face his fears after what Kihyun told him the night before. ‘It isn’t that hard, right?’ he asked himself. ‘I didn’t fear anything before, I should be able to return to my old self’ he kept on talking inside his mind until Kihyun knocked on the bathroom’s door.

“Changkyunnie, I left your breakfast on the table, will you be okay?” his soft voice echoed around the apartment.

“Thank you, hyung!” the younger yelled to make sure the other heard him. “Are you leaving already?” he asked, a little concerned about being alone again. He knew he said he’d try to be brave but he didn’t think he was ready to be alone in there.

“Yes, big baby” Kihyun used that nickname again and Changkyun chuckled. “I have to go earlier today because I promised Jeonghan I’d help him with his part of our project” the black haired listened carefully and then closed the water, covering his body with the huge towel. Changkyun walked to the door after drying himself a little and opened it, finding his roommate there with a concerned look. “Please don’t get scared, think about what I told you last night” he said and surprisingly pecked Changkyun’s cheek, startling him but in a good way. “There’s no murderer chasing you, okay?” Kihyun kept on talking but he couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss he just received.

“Okay” the black haired nodded the moment he could get back to reality. “I’ll try my best only for you” Changkyun liked saying those cheesy things to see Kihyun’s funny reactions. “Don’t tell Hyungwon but you are my favorite hyung” he added, making his roommate laugh loudly.

“I already knew that” Kihyun went incredibly close to him and the younger’s heart raced inside his chest. “You are my favorite dongsaeng, even if you are extremely cheesy and you never sleep” he whispered in Changkyun’s ear. “Don’t tell Jooheony about it” he parted from the startled male and smiled cuter than ever in Changkyun’s opinion. “Please act like a normal person for one day, I’ll appreciate that” he said and left the apartment, leaving the black haired there with a raced heart and a strong wish to stop him and kiss the daylights out of him.

 

‘Murderer’s eyes’ Changkyun thought when a guy stared at him for more than two seconds while he walked through the university’s crowded hallways. ‘No, don’t start it’ he felt like a mentally unstable person. He was there alone, talking to himself inside his mind and trying not to think everyone was a ing murderer. He couldn’t explain that irrational fear of dying that came into him weeks ago but he knew he had to control it before it controlled his whole life. ‘Think about Kihyun-hyung’ he thought, remembering his roommate’s gorgeous grin.

Changkyun entered his classroom after a few - agonizing - minutes and greeted Hyungwon from afar. The latter was already sitting there with Mark and he was already imagining how many questions he would receive. “Hey guys” the black haired tried his best to show a convincing smile but Hyungwon knew him too well to fall for it. The tall one narrowed his eyes at him and Changkyun begged he kept his mouth shut. “Did I miss something important yesterday? I’m sorry I didn’t show up, I was sleeping-

“On Kihyun’s bed” Hyungwon finished his sentence with something he wasn’t expecting to hear and a wink followed his words. Mark stared at the two of them in confusion but Changkyun was as confused as him. “Oh yeah, he told me” his friend said and the younger found it ridiculous. Kihyun would never say those things to a person like Hyungwon. The latter was such a ert and his roommate knew that.

“What did he tell you? We didn’t do anything, change that expression” Changkyun whined. “He just let me sleep with him because he’s a good hyung, unlike you” he placed his things on his desk to then sit by Mark’s side and saw Hyungwon gasping.

“Oh no you didn’t!” the taller one said, making Mark laugh. “I’m waaay better than that grumpy midget!” he yelled and the entire class turned around to glare at them. Apparently, their professor was already in the classroom and he was crossing his arms with an annoyed expression on his face. “I’m sorry Mr. Mun!” Hyungwon apologized, bowing deeply. “I didn’t know you were here” he explained and the elder rolled his eyes.

“Why don’t you come and sit here? Leave Mr. Tuan and Mr. Im alone for a while” their professor acted as if he was scary but the truth was he loved teasing the students to make them believe he was a cruel professor.

“But, Mr. Mun, I get high scores! Why should I sit there if I’m a good student?” Hyungwon loved questioning their teachers and Changkyun couldn’t help to chuckle.

“Maybe if you sit here today, you’ll reach your friends’ level, don’t you think?” Professor Eric smirked playfully and Hyungwon gave up, taking his things to sit up front.

“Hey, do you still see those murderers? I think you should consider seeing a specialist” Mark whispered after a few minutes of the lecture. Hyungwon wouldn’t stop looking at them with a pout and Mr. Mun seemed satisfied about it. Changkyun was having a hard time keeping his laughter in and Mark seemed to be in the same state before he spoke. The latter found out about his paranoia when he was telling Kihyun about it but he wasn’t comfortable with everyone knowing such an embarrassing thing. Thankfully, Mark was quiet and understanding, unlike the fool sitting up front named Hyungwon.

“I still do but I’m trying my best to stop” Changkyun whispered back and smiled to reassure his answer because Mark didn’t seem convinced. “Kihyun-hyung found me when I was hiding in my closet yesterday and we talked... I guess it helped a bit” he explained, shutting up every time Professor Eric turned to look at them.

“That’s good” Mark grinned, showing his enormous teeth. “You seriously need to get out of the closet” the elder joked and Changkyun let out a loud chuckle, not being able to help it.

“Mr. Im, I would like to know what’s the funny part of the lecture” Mr. Mun was staring at him with a raised brow and he apologized. “Keep it down if you want to keep your seat, maybe Mr. Chae could use some company” he said and all the other students laughed, including Mark.

“I hate you” Changkyun whispered once Professor Eric continued with the class. “I already left the closet a long time ago” he added and it was Mark’s turn to laugh though he was smart enough to do it silently.

“I know, I was joking” Mark wrote down something and he realized the board was already full of words. ‘’ he cursed mentally and started writing too. “But I meant you should tell Kihyun-hyung” his friend whispered some more and he could see Hyungwon frowning, pretending to be ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter