Chapter 4 — where r u

Don't Urge Me

“You’re—you’re Momo’s friend, aren’t you?” Mina asks, sitting in front of Chaeyoung. They’re still inside the lounge; Chaeyoung offered her a can of Coke to help her recover from the mob incident.

 

“Yes,” replies Chaeyoung. “You can call me Chaeng, by the way. The others call me Chaengie. But Jeongyeon-unnie calls me No-Jam.”

 

Mina laughs softly. “No-Jam? Why’s that?”

 

“Well, they say that we’re the most boring members of Twice (A/N: I disagree, I think no one is boring!). I’ve learned to accept it. They still love us, anyway.” Chaeyoung chuckles at herself.

 

Mina doesn’t know what to say, so she looks around the room instead.

 

“This is where the four of us stay during breaks,” Chaeyoung tells her, noticing her eyes scanning the area. “We usually play here.”

 

“You guys really love PS4 games, don’t you? Momo has one at her house.”

 

Chaeyoung raises an eyebrow. “You went to Momo-unnie’s house?”

 

Mina nods. “Yeah. Why?”

 

Chaeyoung thinks for a moment. She’s about to say something, holds back, then opens again.

 

“We also play games like Red Ginseng and Mafia,” she continues, dropping whatever thought she had earlier. “You should join us sometime. It's more fun with more people playing. Plus Momo-unnie always dies.”

 

Just then, Mina’s phone vibrates. She takes it out and sees a message from Momo.

 

From: Momo

minari im picking u up in 10. where r u

 

Before Mina could send a reply, the door opens, and Momo comes inside the lounge.

 

“Ah, Momo-unnie!” Chaeyoung squeals. “Wait, you dyed your hair.”

 

Momo ignores Chaeyoung and looks directly at Mina. Mina looks back at Momo, taking time to observe her hair. Chaeyoung’s right; Momo’s hair has a dark brown color now. Mina’s eyes find their way to Momo’s. She looks mad.

 

“Let’s go,” Momo says after what seems like forever. Mina realizes she’s been holding her breath.

 

Momo leaves the room and Mina follows her. Before the latter closes the door she bids goodbye to Chaeyoung.

 

“Thank you for today, Chaeng.”

 

“No problem, Mina-unnie. See you soon!”

 

Momo hears this little exchange and grits her teeth. What’s with today? she thinks to herself. She takes a deep breath as she walks.

 

“Where are we going?” Mina asks Momo, catching up to her. The new brunette sure walks fast.

 

“My dad’s having a gala later tonight. We should make an appearance there.”

 

Mina glances at her watch. “It’s only 3 in the afternoon.”

 

Momo stops walking, turns to Mina, and smirks. “You’re having a makeover.”

 

 

Mina steps inside the Hirai castle again, and Nayeon’s already there in the living room.

 

“Hello, Mina-ssi.”

 

“Hey, Nayeon.”

 

“Nabongs, you can take it from here, right?” Momo says.

 

“Yes, Moguri.”

 

“Nayeon-ah!” Momo pouts. Mina giggles at the sight. She’s never seen Hirai Momo this cute. Wait, what?

 

“What?” Nayeon retorts. “You call me by my nickname but I can’t call you by yours? Why, because you’re girlfriend’s here?”

 

Momo groans, returning to her normal state—the always-annoyed one. “Whatever. Just tell me when you’re done.” The girl starts walking upstairs.

 

“Okay, Moguri,” Nayeon calls out.

 

Momo shoots Nayeon a dirty look before closing her door. The latter laughs at Momo’s reaction.

 

“Moguri?” Mina repeats. “Like a raccoon?”

 

Nayeon nods. “Doesn’t she look like one? Wait, scratch that, raccoons are cuter.”

 

“Way cuter,” Mina agrees.


“Come on, the hairstylist is waiting for us,” Nayeon then says. “We have a long afternoon ahead.”