Chapter 22 — The Last

Don't Urge Me

The girls play a game to see who will cook, and in the end, Mina, Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu lose to Momo, Sana, Nayeon and Chaeyoung. Jihyo was the moderator of the game, so she volunteered to help the losers in their cooking.

 

“Nayeon, what do you want to eat?” Jihyo asks the eldest since it’s her birthday.

 

“Hmm, I think I want to see some tteokbokki later,” Nayeon replies.

 

“And rabokki,” Chaeyoung adds.

 

“I want spaghetti!” Momo blurts out. “And carbonara!”

 

Mina overhears this and decides she’d cook pasta, especially for Momo. Meanwhile, Dahyun makes tteokbokki, Tzuyu prepares kimbap, and Jeongyeon cooks fried egg roll and fried rice. Jihyo constantly checks the four girls if they’re about to burn the place (fortunately they don’t). Of course, see checks on Tzuyu more often than the rest.

 

“Jihyo-unnie, compliment me!” Tzuyu says as she mixes the rice with tuna, a suggestion that Jihyo made earlier.

 

Mina laughs when she sees the two. She remembers how last year Jihyo wouldn’t even talk to anyone from Twice before, and now, it seems like everyone in Twice respects her as well as feels comfortable with her.

 

When the girls finish cooking, the others join them to taste the food.

 

“These all look so good!” Chaeyoung comments.

 

Momo gasps at the sight of the rosé pasta. She immediately grabs a plate and some chopsticks and takes a large portion of the pasta.

 

“This is so delicious!” Momo exclaims as she devours the pasta. “Who cooked this?”

 

“Guess,” Jihyo says with a smug look on her face.

 

“Uh…” Momo pouts. “I don’t know.”

 

“It was Mina-unnie,” Tzuyu answers for her.

 

“Really?” Momo turns to Mina. The younger girl nods at her shyly.

 

Momo feels butterflies in her stomach, but she convinces herself that it was because of the pasta, and not the person who cooked the pasta.

 

The girls eat the rest of the food, and it’s clear that everyone has their own favorite food. For Sana, it’s Dahyun’s tteokbokki.

 

“Really, Sana-unnie?” Dahyun says, smiling wide.

 

“I like the taste,” Sana answers. “And the texture. It’s honestly better than most of the ones I’ve tasted in restaurants. Good job, Dahyun-ah!” She runs to Dahyun and wraps her in a tight embrace, causing Dahyun to blush.

 

“So have these two worked out their feelings for each other yet?” Mina whispers to Jihyo, referring to Sana and Dahyun.

 

“Nah,” Jihyo replies. “Just like you and Momo.”

 

Mina doesn’t respond and gives Jihyo an evil look instead.

 

 

The rain stops eventually later at night. The girls are attending to their own; for one, Momo’s just sitting on the couch playing a game on her phone. Chaeyoung sees her and sits beside the older girl.

 

“Hey Momo-unnie.”

 

“What?”

 

“Why aren’t you and Mina-unnie back together?”

 

At the mention of Mina’s name Momo loses grip of her phone and almost drops it. She catches it, but at the cost of losing her game.

 

“Yah, you made me lose!”

 

“Good. So now we can talk seriously,” Chaeyoung deadpans.

 

Momo sighs. “I love her, Chaeyoung-ah.”

 

“Then why the damn hell won’t you tell her?!”

 

“I don’t know!”

 

“Is this still about the kiss?” Chaeyoung asks warily, referring to the one she and Mina shared very briefly.

 

“No, no,” Momo says, shaking her head. “That’s in the past. I just… I—”

 

“Can’t you see that Mina loves you too?”

 

Momo blinks. “She does?”

 

Chaeyoung facepalms and shakes her head. “Yes, she does! So if you don’t go to her now I swear to God…”

 

“Okay, okay! I’ll look for her.”

 

“Go, Momo-unnie! Hwaiting!”

 

Momo looks for Mina in the bedrooms. She sees the other girls, but not Mina, inside. She asks them if they’ve seen her, but no one knows where she went. She searches all around the house but couldn’t find Mina anywhere.

 

She decides to go outside to look for her. Finally she spots Mina walking slowly along the garden.

 

“Mina,” she calls out.

 

Mina turns around and is surprised to see Momo there. The older girl runs towards her.

 

“I have to ask you something,” Momo says.

 

Mina raises an eyebrow but doesn’t reply, urging Momo to respond.

 

“Why did you cook the pasta?”

 

“What?” Mina mutters, caught off guard.

 

“I told Chaeyoung and Nayeon that I wanted pasta earlier,” Momo says. “Did you overhear us?”

 

Mina shifts uncomfortably. “Well… I… You see…”

 

Momo doesn’t hesitate anymore. She leans into Mina and kisses her. Mina’s eyes widen at first, but she doesn’t break the kiss. Momo puts her hands on Mina’s waist; Mina in turn wraps her arms around Momo’s neck. They develop this rhythm as they kiss, not stopping even when they’ve run out of air.

 

Flying. Mina feels like flying. Penguins naturally can’t fly, but as she kisses Momo, she feels like she’s on cloud nine.

 

Minutes later the two finally stop kissing and puts their foreheads together, panting from the long makeout session. After catching her breath, Mina tries to speak.

 

“Momo, that was…” she trails off.

 

“Mitang,” Momo utters. “I’m not gonna leave you anymore, okay? From now on, I’ll always be here. I-If you let me, of course.”

 

Mina nods and hugs Momo.

 

“Woooooo!!” Nayeon cheers from their house’s front porch. Everyone else is applauding and screaming.

 

“I made that happen!” Chaeyoung boasts.

 

“God, finally!” Jeongyeon screams.

 

Mina and Momo let go of their embrace, chuckling when they hear their friends cheering for them.

 

“Hirai Momo!” Jihyo shouts.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Don’t you hurt my best friend again or else!”

 

Mina laughs at Jihyo’s sweet gesture. I have the bestest friend ever.

 

Momo snakes her arm around Mina’s waist from behind. “Don’t worry, Jihyo,” she shouts back. “I won’t.” She kisses Mina by the cheek, whispering, “I love you, Mitang.”

 

“I love you too, Momoring.”






 

----------------------------------------

 

Okay guys, this is the last chapter :)

 

BUT!!!!

 

It ain’t over ‘til it’s over! ;)

 

There will an epilogue coming up kekeke :D


Stay tuned!