Epilogue — Six Years Later

Don't Urge Me

Six years later, Momo has made waves as the pioneer of hiphop and modern dance in Korea. As part of the Hirai Enterprises, H.M. School of Dance (HMSOD) has branched out to other parts of the country. Momo oversees all the branches, and she still teaches full-time at the main HMSOD branch. Mina still teaches ballet but only on weekends, since she works as a biotechnologist in some company.

 

Many more things have happened since the girls graduated but they still remain very good friends. Jihyo pursued her career as a singer with Tzuyu’s full support; Tzuyu concentrated on their family business in the farming industry; Chaeyoung opened an art museum which also features her own artworks; Jeongyeon followed her father’s footsteps of becoming a chef; Nayeon moved up to becoming a manager in one of the Hirai Enterprises’ subcompanies; Dahyun worked her way on becoming one of the most sought-after engineers in Korea; and Sana became a world-renowned model.

 

Today is Momo and Mina’s sixth anniversary as girlfriends. Since it’s a day before Nayeon’s birthday, Mina told Momo she just wanted a simple get-together with the girls since they haven’t all been together lately. Momo agreed and convinced Mina that she will take care of inviting everyone to the dinner.

 

Momo picks Mina up at her office with flowers in hand. She patiently waits for the girl to finish her paperwork in the lobby.

 

“Hey,” Mina says a few minutes later. “Sorry I’m late. The boss talked to me for a while.”

 

“It’s fine,” Momo replies with an assuring smile. “Here.” She hands the bouquet to her girlfriend.

 

“Thank you, Momoring. I got you a rose, too.”

 

“Really?” Momo gasps. “Waa thanks Mitang!” she squeals, hugging Mina. “Oh, mianhae.” She bows to the people in the lobby who were startled from her loud voice.

 

Mina just giggles at her. “You’re so cute.” Even after all these years, Mina still sees Momo as the cutest raccoon in the world, and Momo still melts every time she hears Mina’s laugh.

 

“What did your boss talk to you about?” Momo asks Mina as they make their way to the car.

 

“Well, he uh… He promoted me.”

 

Momo stops in her tracks, causing Mina to stop as well and look behind her.

 

“What?” Mina asks.

 

“Congratulations!” Momo squeals again, and Mina giggles again.

 

“Thank you, Momoring.”

 

“You deserve to be promoted,” says Momo. “I’m so happy for you.”

 

The two step inside the car and Momo takes out something from the glove compartment. It’s a box which she hands to Mina.

 

“Happy anniversary, Mitang.”

 

Mina opens the box and sees a necklace. She chuckles when she reads “MIMO” on it.

 

“You’re the number one fan of our ship name, aren’t you?”

 

“Well yeah,” Momo replies. “Aren’t you?”

 

“Yeah,” Mina admits with a sly smile. “Thank you.”

 

“I just thought I’d greet you before we meet the girls.”

 

The two drive off into the restaurant which Momo booked for the nine of them. They make small talk on the way, Mina asking questions about the dance school and Momo getting all excited about Mina’s promotion. They’re at a roundabout when another car bumps into them—the dent isn’t huge, and no one got hurt, but the driver from the other car stepped out to talk to Momo.

 

“Stay here,” Momo tells Mina when she steps out as well.

 

Mina could only guess what Momo and the other driver are arguing about, but she figures the man is blaming Momo even though he was clearly in the wrong.

 

“Mitang, I am so sorry,” Momo says through the window. “You can go ahead to the dinner if you want, it’s okay. I can send someone to pick you up—”

 

“It’s okay, Momoring,” Mina assures her and kisses her cheek before talking to the man again.

 

Since they’re at a roundabout they blocked a big part of the driveway—at first. Then the traffic dies down until no car is passing anymore. Mina finds this weird but shrugs it off.

 

The ballerina decides to step off the car and stay by Momo’s side. But when she does get to her the man storms off, walking away to who knows where.

 

“What?!” Mina exclaims. “He’s a crazy man to walk out like that!”

 

Momo pulls Mina in for a hug. Mina thinks it’s for Momo’s comfort. Little does she know, Momo is sending a signal to Nayeon who has been hiding around somewhere the whole time.

 

“It’s go time!!” Nayeon whispers into her walkie-talkie.

 

A helicopter hovers on top of Momo and Mina. Mina hears it and looks upward. Then, the song ILYSB (Stripped) by LANY (A/N: https://open.spotify.com/track/7j4IOedQQtMpSHEvyXZsHI) blasts through speakers that Mina doesn’t see for some reason.

 

“Mina,” Momo says, pulling away from their embrace.

 

“Momo, what…?”

 

“It’s been six years since we’ve been together,” Momo starts, “but it’s been more than seven years since I’ve seen you at that showcase. That’s when I found myself drawn to you, and realized I wanted to know you.”

 

Someone taps Mina from behind, causing her to turn around. She sees Nayeon grinning widely, holding a picture of Momo and Mina—the very first one, where everybody thought Momo kissed Mina on the cheek.

 

“When I got to know you,” Momo continues, “I realized further that… that you’re the one missing in my life.”

 

“Momo-yah you’re so cheesy!” Sana screams.

 

“Sshh Sana don’t ruin my moment!” Momo shouts back.

 

Sana laughs heartily, turns to Mina and gives her another picture of the couple—the one they took in Jeju many years ago.

 

“I know that it was a very hard time for us, but we’ve learned from the past. And like I promised then, I will never leave you again. I hope you wouldn’t leave me, too.”

 

The other girls enter one by one—Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, Dahyun, and last but not the least, Jihyo. Jihyo gives Mina a big hug before she leaves the two and joins the other girls, who are gathered in a line and watches the scene they had planned with Momo unfold.

 

Then another person enters. It’s the man who “crashed” Momo’s car and caused them to stop in the first place.

 

“Meet Jin Young, one of Hirai Enterprises’ employees,” Momo says, gesturing to the man holding a tiny box, walking towards them. “There’s actually no dent in any of the cars. Dahyun and some engineers just made it look like there was. And Jin Young here is a very good actor.”

 

Jin Young waves happily at Mina before giving Momo the box. He bows at them before leaving.

 

Momo kneels down as she opens the box, revealing a diamond ring inside. She looks up at Mina, takes a deep breath, and says, “Myoui Mina, will you—”

 

“Yes!” Mina squeals, cutting her off, jumping up and down and holding Momo’s hand.

 

“You didn’t let me finish!” Momo puts on her pouty face, the one that Mina loves so much.

 

“Okay, okay!” Mina says with a chuckle. “Let’s rewind.”

 

Momo nods. She takes a deep breath again—Mina finds this extremely cute—and starts speaking. “Mitang, I love you so much. Will you be mine forever?”

 

Mina smiles at Momo, holding the older girl’s hands to pull her up. She gives her a soft peck on the lips.

 

“Yes, Momoring. I love you, too.”

 

~~~THE END~~~





 

A/N: Well, it’s officially over! Thank you to everyone who read this until the very end. Especially those who comment whenever I post a new chapter! I already said this but I’ll say it again, your comments motivated me to write more ^^ I’m sorry if the pace was fast in the last chapters, I don’t really know how to prolong drama lol and I just wanted our precious MiMo to get back together keke! Also I hope you enjoyed the parts where I integrated real life happenings (like their recent trip to Jeju, the Mafia game—it was based on the one in Switzerland, and the one where they cooked different dishes—my personal favorite) into this story lol. Again, thank you for sharing this ride with me, it’s actually my first fanfic :D

 

I don’t know if I’ll write another fanfic soon. Maybe when I have other ideas but I think I poured in a lot of my ideas here haha. And I’ll also be extremely busy for an indefinite amount of time so I dunno haha. Hope to see you all soon tho :D Actually, the other reason why I did a time jump in the epilogue is that I was thinking to make like a spinoff out of this fic. Like what happened in those six years between Nayeon’s birthday (bless her) and the proposal, BUT this time it’ll be SaiDa focused (and MiMo will be a happy couple lol). But nothing’s in the works yet and I have no actual idea of what will happen haha.


Anyway, thank you again! Let’s support TWICE in their next comeback hopefully soon :D Hwaiting!!