Chapter 17 — Confessions and Gifts

Don't Urge Me

The day of Mina’s last exam, therefore her last day of the semester, is the day Momo’s supposed to go to Mina’s house for dinner with their family. The couple agrees that Momo will just arrive at their house later, but the brown-haired girl’s just so excited to be with Mina again so she decides to surprise the girl by waiting for her outside her exam room.

 

As for Mina, she’s still busy with her Biology final. She wants to ace this test so she could get an A as her grade. Sometimes Jihyo teases her as being too grade conscious, but Mina just wants something to show for when she applies to companies after graduation. The problem is she gets easily stressed about this exam that she’s not sure about some of her answers. She checks her paper again and again even though she finished the test an hour ago. As a matter of fact, she’s the only student remaining in the room as all of her classmates passed their papers earlier.

 

“You’ve got 2 minutes left,” her professor announces. “Geez, you really want to get an A huh, Mina-ssi?”

 

Mina smiles sheepishly at her professor. She checks her paper one last time and submits it to her.

 

“Here. Merry Christmas, Miss Sunmi.”

 

“You too, Mina.”

 

When Mina exits the classroom she’s surprised to see her raccoon standing in front of her, holding a bouquet of flowers.

 

“Annyeong!” Momo greets her in the cutest way possible, Mina fighting the urge to squeal in the hallway.

 

“Momoring! You’re too cute!” She runs to her and hugs her tightly, and Mina feels at home. “I missed you so much.” They stay that way for about a minute or so until Mina pulls back and accepts the flowers from Momo. “Thank you for this, by the way.”

 

“Who said it was for you? I’m just saving that for Nayeon,” Momo replies with a straight face.

 

Mina frowns and hands the bouquet back to Momo, slightly pushing her in annoyance.

 

“Hey, I’m kidding! Of course they’re for you. Who else would I give them to other than for my Mitang?”

 

Mina blushes at Momo’s statement, the latter smirking because she knows she’s already calmed the ballerina down.

 

“Your hair got a bit darker,” Mina observes. “And shorter.”

 

“Yeah. Is it… Is it okay?”

 

“It looks good on you.”

 

Momo grins. “I want to show you something before we go to your house.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Not what, but where.”

 

“Okay, where?”

 

Momo smirks at Mina and hands her a handkerchief when they get in her car. “It’s a surprise. You have to wear this.”

 

“Momo… Where are we going?”

 

“Just trust me.”

 

Yes, Momo, I trust you with all my heart now, is what Mina wants to say, but all that comes out of is, “Okay.”

 

Minutes later Mina hears Momo stopping the car. Momo comes out of the car first then guides Mina outside and they walk for some distance until Momo stops.

 

“Okay,” the raccoon says. “You can remove it now.”

 

When Mina takes the handkerchief off, she sees that they’re standing outside a small building. It has the words “H.M. Center For Dance” written on it.

 

“H.M.,” Mina reads. “You mean you…?”

 

Momo nods. “This is what I really want. A place for people to learn and discover what dance truly means. Even if I become my father’s successor in the company, I still want to be able to teach here.

 

“And I want you to become one of the teachers, too.”

 

About a year ago, when Mina and Jihyo still haven’t graduated from senior high, Momo, Sana, and the rest of Twice visit a local theater which is currently showcasing the most promising dancers of different high schools. And yes, it turns out, Mina is one of them.

 

“And now, they call her Black Swan, Ms. Myoui Mina!” the emcee announces.

 

Mina performs The Nutcracker, a classic ballet piece. Momo, who was bored from watching everyone else, is now studying the elegant ballerina seriously. She’s really as graceful as a swan, Momo thinks to herself. She hasn’t forgotten about Myoui Mina since that day.

 

“Please, Sana-chan,” Momo whines. It’s been weeks since she and the rest of the girls went to that theater. “I need to talk to that ballerina. I need a ballet teacher—for the kids that will enroll in the H.M. School of Dance!”

 

“If you wanna talk to her so much, why don’t you go up and ask her then?”

 

Momo grunts. “Aish. I just can’t tell her why I need her yet.”

 

“No,” Sana rejects her. But Momo isn’t one to give up easily.

 

“Okay, I’ll tell Dahyun-ah I want her to be my girlfriend.”

 

Immediately after this Sana changes her expression, and Momo knows she’s won.

 

“Okay, okay!” Sana finally says, caving in. “I’ll talk to Mina.”

 

“Waaaaa! Thank you, Sana-chan!”

 

“I’m sorry if I kinda lied about not knowing you,” Momo admits to Mina. The two girls are still outside the dance building. “I just wanted to see how passionate you are at dancing first. I hope I don't seem like a stalker or something.”

 

Mina offers a smile at Momo. “It’s okay, Momoring.” She squeezes the older girl’s hand. “So did I pass your standard?”

 

Momo grins at the girl. “It turns out, you’re the perfect one for the job. So what do you say?”

 

“I say… I would love to run this with you.”

 

 

Mina and Momo arrive at the former’s house just before her parents finish cooking dinner. Mina helps Momo carry the gifts she bought for all the Myouis.

 

“Momo-ssi?” Mr. Myoui says when he hears their front door open, and sees the boxes under their Christmas tree. “Oh my. Jagiya! Kai! Come here! Momo brought gifts for us!”

 

Mina facepalms in embarrassment. “Momo, you didn’t have to do this. Really.” She glances at their tree, her father, mother, and brother are too busy trying to figure out what Momo gave them.

 

“No, I want to,” Momo answers Mina, putting her hand on the ballerina’s shoulder. Mina responds by placing her hand on Momo’s waist. The two lean into each other when suddenly the doorbell rings.

 

“I’ll get that,” says Mina, rushing to the door. When she opens it, she sees two people she never thought she’d see.




 

-----------------------------


A/N: Who do you think they are? Hmm….

Also I think this story will come to an end soon, maybe less than 10 chapters? More or less. Thank you to everyone reading this and I hope you will support me ‘til the end! =D