Chapter 5

Imperfectly Perfect

Jihoon was awakened by a hand which was softly caressing his face. Jihoon smiled but kept his eyes closed. He could hear the loud tap of the raindrops against their roof and the howling of the wind outside his window.

Jihoon could feel a warm breath grazing his neck.

"Cheol." He whispered, his throat strained because of sleep. Seungcheol laid his head on Jihoon's shoulder.

"Hey? Is there a problem?" Jihoon asked, trying so hard to open his eyes but because of lack of sleep which was clearly needed by his body now, he managed to only open an eye.

"None. I just- just-" Seungcheol held Jihoon's hand in his.

"Just what Cheolie?" Jihoon kissed Seungcheol's head. Seungcheol smelled just like him. Strawberry. The smell of Jihoon's shampoo.

"I miss you." Seungcheol closed his eyes, listening and feeling Jihoon's slow breathing.

"I miss you more Cheolie. I miss you so much." Jihoon hugged Seungcheol as he closed his eyes. Sleep slowly creeping in.

"I love you Lee Jihoon." Seungcheol laid his head against Jihoon's chest. Seungcheol softly smiled as he could hear Jihoon's heartbeating becoming fast.

"I-" Jihoon cleared his throat. Sleep momentarily escaped his system.

"I love you t-too." He said, hugging Seungcheol tighter. Both of them wishing that that moment wouldn't end. And if it ended, they're sure they would meet in each others' dream.

The two of them smiling with those thoughts as sleep took over both their bodies.

--

"Rise and shine sleepyhead!" Jihoon automatically covered his eyes with his arms when sunlight assaulted his sleeping figure.

"Hey. Come on, get up!" Jonghyun pulled Jihoon's arms. Although Jihoon's eyes were still close, he ended in a sitting position. Because of Jonghyun's pulling. 

Jihoon opened his eyes and glared at Jonghyun.

"What? I just woke you up. I was only requested to do it. It's not my fault." Jonghyun smiled, his whole face lighting up, both his arms raised in a way that he looked like he was being held at gunpoint.

Jihoon grunted, heading to his bathroom to wash his face.

"Where is Seung-" Jihoon stopped mid-word, remembering that Seungcheol doesn't like Jonghyun and that the feeling was mutual so he shouldn't ask Jonghyun where Seungcheol wa-

"He's with your mother. They're buying groceries." Jonghyun's voice had a certain edge on it though he tried to hide it.

"Oh." Jihoon entered his bathroom and washed his face.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Jonghyun leaned on the door frame, crossing his arms against his chest. Let the interrogation begin. Jihoon thought.

"That's what he's saying." Jihoon shrugged, wiping his face.

"But is that what YOU want?"

Jihoon stared at Jonghyun through the mirror, staring as if the older grew a long beard in just a few seconds.

"I know him. He's S.coups, leader of the Aces." Jonghyun's face showed no emotion and Jihoon hates it whenever Jonghyun was like that. It only meant that Jonghyun was keeping his guard up. No raw emotion available for Jihoon to read.

"What does that mean?" Jihoon asked.

"He's famous."

"And so?" Jihoon's face showed no emotions either. If Jonghyun was good in playing this game. Jihoon was better.

"And so. . . That's the reason you are attracted to him. Beacuse of the fame and fortune." Jonghyun said, matter of factly. Jihoon's hands turned into fist, his jaw clenching. Jonghyun was about to leave when Jihoon called him.

"Hyung."

"What?" Jonghyun turned and was surprised when he saw Jihoon beaming at him. It wasn't a forceful smile or a bitter one. This one was because of. . . Happiness? Pure bliss? Contentment? Love?

"He's my boyfriend because that's what I want. I met Seungcheol and not S.Coups. I know S.Coups is famous but Seungcheol makes time for me, a lot of time just to be with me. Seungcheol is a really great guy, Hyung. I know you'll like him. He makes me feel so good and I didn't feel this way for a long time now. Hell, maybe I didn't feel it before and it's my first time feeling this all. I love him Hyung." Jihoon stated, almost breathless.

Jonghyun smiled, scratching the back of his head. Jihoon's definitely smiling because of love, he thought to himself.

"Jihoonie. Our Jihoonie is in love. Come here, let me hug you." Jonghyun said, Jihoon half- jogged towards him and hugged Jonghyun afterwards.

"Be happy with him. I'll skin him alive if he hurts you. I love you Jihoon, you know that. But I know I'm not the one who could give you the happiness you deserve. But I'll still be here, loving you like a brother." Jonghyun patted Jihoon's back gently.

"I will give him the love he deserves." Seungcheol spoke, he's standing on the doorway, his voice booming with authority.

"Cheol!" Jihoon exclaimed. Jonghyun watched as Jihoon extracted himself from his hug and ran towards Seungcheol's arm. Seungcheol lovingly hugged Jihoon.

During that moment, Jonghyun knew that he had lost the battle and it's now time to really let go. Let go of his feelings for Jihoon, let go Jihoon fully. Although right from the start, Jihoon told him that all he's feeling towards Jonghyun was brotherly love, Jonghyun still secretly hoped that one day, Jihoon would love him back not as a friend or a brother but a special someone and today, Jonghyun came by the answer that Jihoon couldn't return the love he had to offer and that Jihoon is very much happy in love with somebody else.

Jonghyun turned to his back and was walking towards the door, passing Seungcheol, when a strong hand grabbed his shoulder.

"Thank you." Seungcheol mouthed.

"Thank you for?" Jonghyun's eyebrow lifted.

"Thank you for taking care of Jihoon and loving him. It's my turn now to take care and love Jihoon. I promise you that I'll make Jihoon happy everyday of his life. I love him. I love him so much." Seungcheol's eyes sparkled with sincerity that Jonghyun was stunned. Jonghyun nodded and tapped Seungcheol's hand that was resting on his shoulder.

"Do that." Jonghyun exited the room with a confident smile on his face.

"You got a really great man, Jihoon."