Chapter 3

Imperfectly Perfect

"Seungcheol! Welcome Son!" Seungcheol stepped inside the house and was hugged by Jihoon's mother. Seungcheol awkwardly hugged back. Mrs. Lee still got that effect on him. She could make Seungcheol so nervous and flustered.

"Mrs. Lee, nice to see you again." Seungcheol bowed soon as the woman let go of him. He could notice wartortle looking at them earnestly.

Seungcheol wanted to lift his chin and tell the other man, 'See that? Mrs. Lee loves me.', but chose to just keep it to himself. He doesn't want to come off rude. Although he's so tempted to shut wartortle off. There was something about him that makes Seungcheol tick.

Seungcheol noticed Jihoon tugging at the ends of wartortle's shirt, he squinted at these action. Jihoon saw it and smiled awkwardly at him.

"What brought you here?" Mrs. Lee led Seungcheol towards their receiving area.

Jihoon took the opportunity to pull wartortle inside the kitchen, so when Seungcheol looked back at the spot where the two were previously standing they were nowhere to be seen.

Mrs. Lee motioned Seungcheol to sit across her. Seungcheol nodded and sat, looking around the house.

Seungcheol studied the interior of the house. The Lee's house was a great example of having a big space and maximizing it. The receiving area itself was big. There were lots of family pictures and certificates hanging on the wall and on top of the cabinet and tables. They also have a big sofa in the middle of the room.

"What brought you here?" Mrs. Lee asked as she stared at Seungcheol.

"I followed Jihoon." Seungcheol stated, trying so hard not to sound so needy.

"And the reason is?" Mrs. Lee arched her eyebrow. Seungcheol cleared his throat.

"I- I just- I just missed Jihoon that's why." He lowered his head as he could feel Jihoon's mother staring at him. His cheeks were shade of rosy red.

"Jihoon's so lucky to have you." Mrs. Lee chuckled, her voice full of love and affection.

"By the way, how's your work?"

Seungcheol animatedly chat with Jihoon's mother, but his eyes were constantly wandering around, looking for Jihoon and that wartortle.

Seungcheol doesn't like that wartortle man.

Who was he anyway?

Seungcheol inwardly shrugged, trying to let the 'issue' slip. Though he's unsure what was the 'issue' to begin with. Maybe he had it all wrong and wartortle was just another older friend who happened to stay in the Lee's house and who seemed so close to Jihoon. Who happened to be always at Jihoon's side. Who happened to be hugged by Jihoon carelessly. Who happened to looked like someone very important to Jihoon. A very important someone that Jihoon forgot to mention to him. Him, Seungcheol, Jihoon's boyfriend.

Seungcheol's hands turned into fist at these thoughts.

No.

He's not jealous.

Of course not.

Is he?

Seungcheol was about to ask Mrs. Lee where do Jihoon and wartortle go when the two came in the receiving area with tea and a plate of biscuits on their hands.

"By the way Seungcheol, this is Kim Jonghyun. You met him a while ago." Mrs. Lee introduced. Jonghyun, the wartortle man, nodded in Seungcheol's direction. The latter nodding back.

Seungcheol contemplated, he could give Jonghyun the benefit of the doubt at least, since it was their first meeting, deciding to just ignore the 'issue' at hand. He'll try to act at least civil towards the other man. Better not be a hindrance between Jihoon and him or else. . .

"Let's put your stuffs in my room, Cheol." Jihoon took Seungcheol's backpack as he headed towards his room. Seungcheol stood and was about to follow Jihoon when Jonghyun spoke.

"Wait. You'll stay in one room and sleep together?" Jonghyun asked incredulously. Jihoon stared at Jonghyun and coughed awkwardly.

Seungcheol lifted an eyebrow towards Jonghyun who looked like he could foresee the impending Judgement Day. The when, the where, the how and the why which Jonghyun could not quite fathom.

Seungcheol would love to verbally tell Jonghyun that he better keep his opinions to himself or Seungcheol would make the Judgement Day for Jonghyun too soon.

Seungcheol chose to ignore Jonghyun and walked towards Jihoon, asking Jihoon to accompany him to the younger's room because he wanted to change his shirt. Although it was clearly a lie, still Jihoon nodded and led the way.

"We need to talk later Jihoon." Jonghyun half-shouted.

"Yeah. We need to talk." Seungcheol answered back, his tone seething.

Crap! He really doesn't like the guy.

Mrs. Lee was silently laughing as she watched the scene unfolding in front of her.

"I should prepare a delicious meal then, since we will be having a family meeting." Mrs. Lee said as she left, heading to her kitchen.

This is gonna be a long and interesting night, she thought to herself.

 

--

"I don't like him." Seungcheol slumped onto Jihoon's bed.

"Who?" Jihoon chuckle as he removed Seungcheol's things inside the older's bag, putting it inside his drawer.

"That wartortle. That Jonghyun. He gets into my nerves." Seungcheol crossed his arms against his chest.

"I think the feeling is mutual." Jihoon sarcastically said.

"Who is he anyway? Is he an important someone? Maybe a special someone who you happened to forgot to mention to me, Choi Seungcheol, who happened to be your boyfriend." Seungcheol asked, doing the quotation symbol with both his hands.

Jihoon stood in front of Seungcheol, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Don't tell me you're jealous." Jihoon smirked, his dimple like a deep crater on his cheek. His hands were on his waist as he leaned towards Seungcheol's face.

Seungcheol shrugged, combing his hair with his hand.

Jealous?

Maybe?

Probably?

Oh come on!

Of course he's jealous!

Seungcheol stared at Jihoon. His eyes doing all the talking.

Yes Jihoon I am jealous. I am jealous as hell! So please don't go near that wartortle again. Don't let him touch you or else I'll be so sad. I don't question your loyalty and honesty Jihoon. I trust you so much. It's just that, let's just say, a man can know if another man was attracted to his love. So please Hoonie don't be too close to him because I will definitely get jealous.

Jihoon's smirk vanished, looking into Seungcheol's brown eyes. Its intensity and depth drowning Jihoon.

Jihoon bobbed his head in understanding.

It was so weird for Jihoon to understand Seungcheol even though the older didn't verbally tell him what's on his mind. It was so weird for Jihoon to know how was Seungcheol feeling without uttering a single word to him.

Is this how a normal person who's in love feel? Or is Jihoon just crazy in love with this man?

"I'm sorry if I acted so childishly and had been so narrow-minded, Hoonie. I missed you so much and I couldn't go on with my day without having a glimpse of you. I love you so much." Seungcheol cupped Jihoon's face and pulled the younger closer.

"You know what? I want to kiss you right now." Seungcheol stared at Jihoon's flushed face and his equally pink lips. Jihoon gulped and leaned even closer.

"What's stopping you then?" Jihoon whispered airily. Although he couldn't admit it to himself, he knew he missed Seungcheol as much as the older missed him, even more.

"I'm refraining myself because if I kiss you and hug you now, I'm afraid I can't let you go anymore." Seungcheol's eyes sparkled as he slowly closed the gap between his lips and Jihoon's. Their lips were about to meet when-

The door burst open with a frowning Jonghyun striding towards them. Jonghyun pulled a blushing Jihoon away and looked at Seungcheol angrily.

"The dinner is ready. Let's eat." Jonghyun glared at Seungcheol, the latter glaring back.

Jihoon scratched his eyes as he could feel an incoming headache.

This is gonna be a long and tiring night, he thought.