Chapter 2

Imperfectly Perfect

"I'm going to Busan today."

"WHAT?!"

Jihoon stared poker-faced at Seungcheol who looked like he heard the worst news he ever received.

"What's with all the yelling? I'll be back before you know it." Jihoon continued to put some of his clothes in his bag. He planned to stay for two weeks in Busan to catch up with all his relatives especially to her mother who he hadn't seen for almost five months.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Seungcheol who was on the verge of crying sat on their bed as he watched Jihoon.

"Look Cheol. I'll not stay there forever ok? I'll just pay Eomma a visit." Jihoon chuckled and caressed Seungcheol's cheek, the older leaned towards Jihoon's hand.

"Can't I come with you?" Seungcheol pouted and Jihoon swore that his heart melted due to the cuteness of this 'big baby' in front of him.

"You know you can't." Jihoon got out of their bedroom and headed towards the kitchen.

"But Jihoon~ie I'm gonna miss you! And I can't stand being away from you!" Seungcheol ran towards Jihoon and hugged the younger from the back. Jihoon laughed and playfully slapped Seungcheol's hands away.

"Seungcheol~ie will miss Jihoon~ie so much!"

"Oh please stop!" Jihoon covered his mouth with both his hands and acted like throwing up because of too much cuteness.

"Seungcheol~ie will be sad if Jihoon~ie will go." Seungcheol knew that doing aegyo in front of Jihoon was the younger's weakness. And he's playing that card oh so well.

"Oh my God! Stop it!" Jihoon walked past Seungcheol who was whining like a baby and doing aegyo shamelessly. Jihoon couldn't help but laugh at Seungcheol's over the top acting skills.

"Hsowjdidjdidj DATE jdjdkdkndjdieoe PLANNED jsjsjsjdjdjjdjjdjxi RESTAURANT!"

"What?" Jihoon stopped on his tracks and looked at the other man in confusion.

Date? Planned? Restaurant? Huh?

"Nothing. Never mind that." Seungcheol was sulking as he headed back to their bedroom. Jihoon followed behind.

"I need to go now or else I'll miss my flight." Jihoon murmured, Seungcheol shrugged and made his way towards the bathroom. Jihoon sighed as he wore his backpack.

"I'll be back." Jihoon announced and was answered by a slamming door.

 

--

"Hyung? Are you alright?" Mingyu sat beside Seungcheol who was rubbing his sweaty forearms. The Aces just finished their practice and was now resting.

"What made you think that I'm not ok?" Seungcheol asked as he sipped his water.

"Aside from always messing up the steps and lyrics of our songs, we felt- I mean, I feel like. . . Did you and Jihoon~hyung fight?" Mingyu’s eyes shone in mischief.

Seungcheol shrugged, suddenly remembering the way he treated Jihoon before the younger left. He didn’t even remind the younger to take care and call him as soon as he got to Busan. Way to go Seungcheol, keep it up. Seungcheol mentally kicked himself for being so narrow-minded.

“Hyung? Are you even listening?” Mingyu stood, straightening his crumpled pants.

“Jihoon went home.” Seungcheol laid on his back and covered his eyes with his forearms.

“For… good?” Mingyu asked carefully as he could see their leader’s dejected mood.

“Oh no! Just for a couple of weeks, two weeks’ tops.” Seungcheol chuckled under his breath.

"Look Cheol. I'll not stay there forever ok? I'll just pay Eomma a visit."

Seungcheol winced, recalling what Jihoon had said before he left. He acted so childishly in front of Jihoon, not allowing the younger to pay just a short visit to his Eomma. He realized that he acted too much.

"Oh. So you miss him?" Mingyu teased, Vernon and Wonwoo joined them, sitting beside Seungcheol.

"Who miss who?" Wonwoo's eyes travelled back and forth between Seungcheol and Mingyu.

"Jihoon~hyung went home to Busan this morning. That's also the reason why leader~nim was like this." Mingyu stated, his hand pointing from Seungcheol's head going down his toe, as if their leader was some kind of a mess.

Vernon nodded lightly, he was paying less attention to the conversation, he was focused on his phone, exchanging messages with 'someone' though they all knew that it was Boo Seungkwan he was texting. Vernon neither confirmed nor denied it. But it was pretty obvious. Those two had a thing for each other.

Seungcheol sat up straight.

"I've been such a jerk." Seungcheol sighed.

Seungcheol told them what happened between him and Jihoon that morning. Their faces sometimes went from blank to suppressing their laughters then turning to blank again whenever Seungcheol glared at them in between stories. The three laughed heartily when Seungcheol was finished telling them the whole story.

"Look hyung, you can just reschedule that restaurant date you planned and besides, Jihoon didn't even know that you had a plan. You can't blame him for deciding to go home since he knows that he's free and do not have any schedule today." Wonwoo commented, wiping the tears from his eyes due from laughing.

"I know." Seungcheol sighed, he stared blankly at his reflction on the mirror.

"Why don't you just go with Jihoon~hyung?" Vernon asked, his phone tucked inside his pocket.

"You know I can't, I couldn't. We have a lot of things to do. Practice, promotion, photoshoots and getting ready for our comeback."

"Hyung, we've been working our out. We deseve a break. You deserve a break." Wonwoo smirked, it was his version of an encouraging smile.

"I can't be gone for two weeks. That's such a long time."

Mingyu agreed and Vernon nodded in sympathy.

"Look hyung, you covered for us whenever you felt like we needed a time off. You let us have a break and shouldered our schedules and work and we thought it's your time to have an off." Wonwoo said, Seungcheol looking at him in interest.

"You can go to Busan and follow Jihoon if you like. BUT! You only have a week, our comeback is within two weeks from now and we need our leader."

"Oh my god! You will do that for me? Thank you!" Seungcheol's eyes lit up and hugged Wonwoo. Wonwoo's fingers curled as he cringed because of the sudden skinship.

"Hey hey hey." Mingyu pulled Seungcheol away from Wonwoo, separating the two.

"Relax and have a good vacation there. We do not want you messing our comeback S.Coups~hyung." Mingyu's eyebrow lifted, helping Vernon and Wonwoo to stand up, preparing for the continuation of their practice.

Seungcheol would have said something about that comment if he was not busy booking a plane ticket heading to Busan.

 

--

Seungcheol read the address written on Jihoon's driving license and stared at the door in front of him. He was halfway through knocking when he suddenly moved back. Checking if the street was correct and the number written on the door was the same. It was the same. He arranged his shirt and stepped forward, mustering all his strength then knocked at the door. He knocked thrice before a male's voice answered from the inside.

"Wait a minute!" The voice shouted from the inside. Seungcheol smiled widely as the door opened.

"Oh hi. Can I help you?" a man, about Seungcheol's age asked, looking at Seungcheol wearily. The man has fair skin just like him and has a deep black hair, and the man somehow reminds Seungcheol of a Pokemon character he watched when he was just a kid but couldn't quite put a finger what pokemon character was that.

"Hyung! What's the matter?" a pair of hands s around the man's waist. A beautiful pair of milky white small hands that has long fingers locked in front of the man's stomach.

Seungcheol's eyebrows knitted and he could feel his face heating up because of it. He knew all too well to whom did the pair of hands belongs to. The man behind stuck his head out and stared at Seungcheol, his eyes widening.

"Cheol! What are you doing here?!" Jihoon opened the door widely, the man beside Jihoon looked at Jihoon in confusion.

"Jihoon, do you know him?" the man asked as he stared at Seungcheol.

"Yeah." Jihoon reached for Seungcheol and Seungcheol took Jihoon's hand in his.

"I'm his boyfriend." Seungcheol stated as he pulled Jihoon on his chest. Jihoon's faced flamed in embarassment as he whispered profanities against Seungcheol's toned chest because of the unceremonial skinship. Thank goodness Seungcheol was holding him because he couldn't feel his legs anymore.

"Really?" the man smiled, Seungcheol felt like the man was mocking him.

Seungcheol smiled back, at least he tried though he knew it looked more like a grimace.

He kissed Jihoon's head. God, how he missed Jihoon.

A memory suddenly dinged inside Seungcheol's head, making him chukle.

Right.

I now remember who's that pokemon.

He looked like wartortle.