Chapter 13

Imperfectly Perfect

Seungcheol eyed the clock inside his husband's studio. It's already three in the morning and he felt bone deep tired. He's been awake for almost a day now and his eyes trying their best to stay open. But that tiredness and sleepiness going away in a blink of an eye as he stare at Jihoon who was arranging the big headset on his head and lowering the microphone hanging in front of him. He was inside the recording booth to record the guide track of the song which the younger composed with the help of Seungcheol. Jihoon glowed against the light as he smiled at Seungcheol who put his thumb up, signaling the man inside the booth to get ready.

"Mic check. One. Two. Mic check." Jihoon tested the microphone and was contented at the sound of it.

Seungcheol got the soundtrack ready as Jihoon cleared his throat, "Perfect guide track #1 by Woozi and S.Coups."

Seungcheol pressed the button in front of him and adjusted the equalizer so that it would come out perfectly, or at least good to the ears of a perfectionist like Woozi. The sound kicked in and Woozi started to get the feel of it. Melodically singing the first part, whole heartedly singing Jihoon and Seungcheol's lovestory.

Seungcheol smiled remembering the memories behind the song.

I might never be your knight in shining armor

Seungcheol remembered the night when Jihoon showed up in front of his door beaten up and all Seungcheol wanted to do was hug the younger then and there and punished the douchebags who did it to his Jihoon. He knew that he would never be Jihoon's knight in shining armor but he would do everything he could to protect Jihoon with every muscle of his body.

I might never be the one you take home to mother

Seungcheol laughed lowly recalling how he met Jihoon's mother. With Mrs. Lee's cold stare and him standing behind his cute little boyfriend wearing nothing but boxer's shorts, Seungcheol felt that the younger's mother doesn't want him to be with his only son. All mothers want their children to be with someone who was capable enough and could take care of their children. And being an idol was at the bottom of that long list of suitable jobs to have if you wanted to start a family. As an idol you have this unbelievable schedules to fulfill, albums and songs to be produced, concerts and fanmeetings to attend. Time was never the best suit for an idol. Seungcheol knew that Jihoon's mother knew it too, who would have agree to do that? But he was wrong. Mrs. Lee accepted him and wished Jihoon and him all the best. She even trusted Seungcheol to take a good care and love Jihoon unconditionally.

When I first saw you from across the room

I could tell that you were curious oh yeah

Seungcheol looked straight into Jihoon as he sang the line. Jihoon gave him a smirk, knowing that Seungcheol was walking into memory lane.

Jihoon also remembered the first time that he saw Seungcheol at a party. Okay. Truth be told, he found the leader of Aces hot, by watching them performed on television Jihoon could tell that there's something special about that man.

So when he saw S.Coups personally in a party which he doesn't know why he was even there, drinking a cola, Jihoon couldn't explain why he felt like he was magnetized by the older. He was curious why he felt something for the first time. Something that was unexplainable.

S.Coups was way hotter in person but that's not what drove him to observe the leader further, it's his almost carefree attitude and S.Coups has a soft personality in contrast with his bad boy persona whenever the Aces were performing. Jihoon didn't notice that he was staring way too much at the other man when S.Coups suddenly eyed him and gave him a subtle smile. Realizing it, Jihoon removed his stare from the older and made his way back to his friends.

Well I hope you're sure, What you're looking for

'Cause I'm not good at making promises

Seungcheol stuck his tongue out at Jihoon as a form of retaliation.

Seungcheol harken back the second time that he saw Jihoon and it was at their good friends party. He would've thought that they had common friends?

When he saw the smaller looking at him, Seungcheol didn't waste any time and walked straight to the smaller and talked to him. The smaller standing there with his pink cotton candy hair and blushing made Seungcheol's inside danced because of excitement.

The younger also has a temper that made him more loveable in the eyes of the leader. He was feisty and was not afraid to speak out his mind. Seungcheol knew that the man standing in front of him would be the one he wanted to spend his life with.

You could say that it was love at first sight.

Seungcheol knew that it would be awkward as hell if he'll say right then that he likes the man and he knew that he's not good at making promises so he didn't voice out the things he wanted to say, instead, he began to look for a place and save money because one way or another Lee Jihoon would be his husband.

But if you like causing troubles up in hotel rooms

The memory suddenly flashed inside Seungcheol's mind that he let out a quiet laugh. Jihoon noticed it and smiled at him.

The night when the two of them decided to crash at a 'party' not knowing that it was a Eulogy for a dead man. They started throwing food on the visitors that they were chased out by muscular and bulky men in black tuxedo. It was fun and when Seungcheol thought that Jihoon would be definitely mad because of that childish act, it turned out that the younger enjoyed it himself and they laughed the whole night while catching their breaths because of too much running.

And if you like having secret little rendezvous

If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do

Seungcheol recollects the time when he tried to go to Jihoon's school and was swarmed by high school girls, one in particular holding him which Jihoon saw and for the first time, he saw Jihoon got jealous, although it's just a glint but Seungcheol swore that it was because of jealousy and not because Jihoon was mad at the stupid thing that Seungcheol did which was go in his school without informing the younger. But the younger softened when he told him the reason why he was there. Because he missed the smaller. He was given a kiss in one of the vacant classroom after that. Both knowing that they shouldn't do that there because someone might walk in on them, but who cares?

Baby I'm perfect, baby I'm perfect for you

Seungcheol and Jihoon both knew that they were perfect for each other.

And if you like midnight driving with the windows down

The moment when Jihoon decided to poke his head of his moving car's window brought a lot of memories to Seungcheol.

The promises he made to Jihoon and the reasons why he loves the younger. It was the first time that Jihoon vocally said the three words that Seungcheol was longing to hear, I love you.

If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about

Baby you're perfect, baby you're perfect

So let's start right now

Jihoon sang the line remembering the things that Seungcheol said to him just a couple of hours ago as they were writing the lyrics, 'Baby, you can do whatever you like. I will support you with all of me. Chase your dreams and make it happen, I'll always be by your side. Because you are perfect and you deserve all the good things in life.'

I might never be the hand you put your heart in

Or the arms that hold you anytime you want it

But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment

'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time

The wedding.

The wedding that nobody expected not even Seungcheol and Jihoon.

Seungcheol discerned that their wedding was just the beginning. He knew that he would never always be by Jihoon's side and he would never always be there to kiss away Jihoon's fear, to hug Jihoon the way he wanted to be hugged.

But as long as they love each other and stay faithful they know that it would turned out better than alright.

Falling in love with each other was never an issue because everytime they woke up next to each other the love they felt the first time they did was always there, multiplied by nth.

And if you're looking for someone to write your breakup songs about

That song that introduced Woozi to the world, 'Guilty' which was Jihoon's very own breakup experience stayed in the chart for almost ten weeks. The song that let Seungcheol see Jihoon's past and very own heartbreak and his thoughts about love and the reason why he was very guarded when it comes to love. Seungcheol seeing for the first time how vulnerable Jihoon was when it comes to love. The older telling himself that he would not make the same mistakes that Jihoon's ex had done. That pain and hurt had been transformed by Woozi and S.Coups into an upbeat song that everybody loved.

Baby I'm perfect

Baby we're perfect

Because of those events in their life, Seungcheol figured out that Jihoon was perfect for him.

Because of those events in their life, Jihoon figured out that Seungcheol and him were perfect for each other.

--

Seungcheol woke up with Jihoon sleeping against his chest, he slowly reached for his cellphone to avoid waking the younger. He checked what time it was and let out a silent groan when he read that it was already ten in the morning. They finished recording at around six in the morning and by the looked on Jihoon's face, the younger was very tired and he deserved this unprecedented sleep.

Seungcheol wrapped his arms against Jihoon who adjusted himself to the older's hug. Seungcheol was about to go back to sleep when he heard a loud crashing sound coming from their kitchen. Seungcheol's eyebrows creased but decided to just ignore the sound thinking that it was just a caserole falling.

"What's that?" Jihoon sleepily murmured. Seungcheol's face lit up in a smile hearing Jihoon's bedroom voice. It was Seungcheol's favorite thing in the morning, hearing Jihoon's deep and sultry voice once the younger wakes up.

"Nothing. Maybe a pan falling out of its place." Jihoon grunted and was about to fall back in sleeping when he heard Seungcheol whispered.

"I just realized. We haven't had our honeymoon yet."

Jihoon stiffened at those words and the hormones that he thought he successfully tamed started dancing in his veins. Jihoon could hear Seungcheol smirked followed by another statement that made Jihoon's hair stood up.

"Won't you salute me Hoonie? I survived two months worth of self preservation not to touch my very y husband."

Jihoon gulped and he could feel his heart beating twice as fast. Was this the moment he'd been waiting for? Was this the moment he'd been dying to come?

"But I don't want to ruin your first time though. So how about let's go somewhere that you'll definitely love? Let's do our honeymoon in a place you like. Let's have a vacation."

Once Seungcheol uttered the last word, the door to their bedroom opened and an overly excited Seungkwan with his mouth full of chips and a hand with a glass of orange juice met their gazes. Mingyu was also behind Seungkwan and Chan was trailing behind them.

"VACATION?!" Seungkwan shouted.

Surprise and confusion were evident on Seungcheol and Jihoon's face. What the hell? Why are you here? How did you enter our unit? Both of them thought.

"When?! Where?!" Mingyu asked, his eyes sparkling in excitement.

Jihoon was about to retort or at least ask what in the world they were doing inside a married couple's unit without either of them letting the unwanted visitors in, when they heard a familiar voice outside the receiving area.

"I'll start packing my baggage then." Jeonghan stated and they heard the main door opening then closing. There were also voices coming down the corridor and Jihoon knew that all the children were there including Jisoo and Jeonghan who just left.

Seungcheol rubbed his forehead, migraine slowly setting in.

Goodbye, planned honeymoon.

Helloooooooooo vacation that would likely be ruined.

 

*-*

Please check out the song, 'Perfect by One Direction'

the reason why Perfect Series exists :)