6 - Drunk

Big Deal

Minki's POV

 

 

 

Jonghyun just cut me off. Earlier he was okay he dropped me off to school before he went the office but why suddenly he's like that, is he really stressed out with work or am i being too noisy again? He doesn't want to eat with me with this take out dinner he ordered, I don't like eating alone I feel lonely. I called Baekho, "Baekho-ya! What happened to Jonghyun? Is everything okay with the company?" I said, "He was worried about you." He said on the other line "me? What do you mean me?" I said, "We were waiting for you and you didn't even replied to Jonghyun when he texted you" I didn't even notice my phone. I was being happy when I was out with minhyun doing the groceries. I ended the call with baekho with many questions in my head.

 

 

 

I ate a little dinner because I dont feel like eating alone. I went to my room to prepare myself to sleep, today was confusing. I had a great time with Minhyun at the groceries but he gave me hopes that can't be ignored and Jonghyun is acting strange today. It feels like he cares for me but he's Jonghyun-- the cold bachelor of Kims. And why is he affecting me this much, I should be talking to Minhyun right now and not thinking of Jonghyun but did he eat? Should i check on him? I'm crazy talking to myself.

 

 

 

I wake up early to prepare the breakfast I bought yesterday maybe if Jonghyun tasted a nice breakfast he won't be stressed with his company problem. I went out of my room still asleep but I notice a figure in the livingroom, he is already in his office attire eyes closed, what is he thinking right now. "Jonghyun-a why are you up early?" he still looked stress, did he have enough sleep last night  "I need to fix something, Aron hyung will be here later go with him this afternoon, okay?" “I need to go” he hurriedly said and went out of the apartment. I didnt get a chance to ask him if he was okay he literally avoiding me, I think now I can understand why he is called a cold guy. When he doesn't notice you it will really affect you because when he give you his attention he can make you feel like you're someone. The effect of a Kim Jonghyun. After he left I went to the kitchen to cook and eat alone, again. I really don't like the feeling of eating alone, I dont know if its trauma or what but ever since I was a kid I didnt like the feeling of being alone.

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

"Minki-ya, your father and I will be going to the city for something important. Aunt Boa is in the other house you can go there if you need something, ok? Will be back before dinner my mother said, "Okay mother" I said bravely. Of course I can be alone, I'm a big boy now. I'm Choi Minki a 5 year old boy. I understand why mother and father have to go to the city, we weren't that rich so they have to talk to lots of people for their work. Even if I'm young they're trying to explain to me why is our situation like that and by that my dream is to finish studying and maybe become an artist someday. I like to sing and dance, my mother said I have an angelic voice. I will work hard when I grow up.

 

 

It was getting late and they still aren't home. I'm waiting for them before I eat because every dinner we ate together as a family. I went to aunt Boa but she said mother and father didn't gave any message for me. I waited for long, its already 1 in the morning and the lights suddenly went off. I'm getting scared but I remembered what my father said big boys shouldn't be scared of dark but I'm alone and haven't heard from them since morning. I was laying on my bed, I'm really scared I'm crying right now. I suddenly remembered what my classmates said yesterday at school that there are people who are roaming in out neighborhood who's killing little kid. I'm sobbing alone in my room with darkness surrounds me.

 

 

I woke up with the rays of sunlight on my face, I didnt remembered that I fell asleep last night all I know is I was crying hard because I'm scared. I heard someone opened the door I went out of my room to see who it was and I saw my parents. I run to them crying my eyes out. 

 

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

 

 

I was left alone at the dark and after that I hate being alone. I'm getting late I should prepare to school and went to my bathroom. After I prepared myself to school in my room I went out to the living room and saw Aron-hyung with a suit case in hand. He greeted me and I greeted back, "Why are you here Aron hyung? I said "Probably Jonghyun didn't tell you, so get change and you won't be going to school for the next 3 days" he said while smirking at me. I was confused but he pushed me inside my room to get change. I change into simple an oversized pink sweater paired with black pants and my black converse shoes. "Where are we going?" I asked inside the car. "We are going to a trip" he said smiling. "On a trip? Seriously. Where?" I asked excitedly I haven't been out of the country to travel. "You'll see" he said. I'm so excited I cant wait to see beautiful places. "Put this on before we go inside" Aron hyung said while giving me the shades. "Are they medias here?" I asked, he nodded and went out first to check out the surroundings. "You can come out now, lets go" he said. We went inside with out the medias following us, no one noticed us.

 

 

 

"We'll be there in an hour or two, you should sleep first. I'll wake you up" Aron hyung said when we're seated on the plane. "Is Jonghyun coming?" I asked, "He's already there" He didn't tell me about this trip. Are we going to a trip or he's just having his business, I'm full of questions. Aron hyung and I got the business class seat, what do you exoect from a Kim Jonghyun. I sighed and went to sleep. I woke up with Aron-hyung talking with the steward, I looked out of the window I was amazed by the scene outside we're really so high in the air I only see small structures from ground. Its my first time traveling and I can’t wait to explore new places.

 

 

 

After we got off the plane we went straight to the hotel where Aron hung said that we’re going to be staying for the meantime. I want to explore Singapore but I don't want to get lost I don’t know anyone in here, Aron hyung just drop me off to the hotel and left to go to their meeting. The room we’re staying is a suite, it looks elegant. It has two room with a connecting door between the two. The first room must be the masters room because of the king sized bed and the other have a queens sized bed. we’re in the 20th floor and the view also looks great. I don’t know what to do, Aron hyung said that I can order whatever I want in the room service menu but I don’t like to waste Jonghyun’s money. Should I call him but he still seems to be avoiding me, what exactly did I do yesterday? I signed and went to look for my phone to text Dongbin, he must be confuse that I’m absent without him knowing especially MInhyun considering how we separate yesterday. 

 

 

To: Dongbinnie~

 

Dongbin-a, sorry I didn’t tell you but
I went back to my hometown today,
Mother needs me for something and I’ll
be staying here for a few day. Don’t worry
its nothing to worry about. 
Don’t get too sad when I’m away~

 

 

 

 

Of course I won’t be saying that I’m on a trip, he still doesn’t know about the deal between me and Jonghyun. It’ll be a shock for him. I don’t like to hide things from him but this one would cause big trouble if I wouldn't be careful. He isn’t answering my text then maybe he’s still on class. I’m so bored. I heard there’s a korean channel here on Singapore maybe I should just what some tv while waiting. 

 

 

"Young CEO Kim Jonghyun still owns the hearts of many people

"Nation's Prince, Kim Jonghyun"

"The Kims' only Heir"

 

 

Wow many people really likes Jonghyun, even overseas he’s popular. I still don’t know much about him but I can feel that he’s not what people says he is. He’s not cold, he just don’t know how to express his feeling and I understand him in that, his still in young age who wouldn’t be pressure, many people are depending on him to be great. He’s not like the others who enjoys their freedom in his age. I admire him. He still have feelings but usually he kept it to himself, thats why sometimes he confuses me. One time you’ll feel like you’re very special to him but the other day he’ll ignore you, he does that a lot. Did he already have a relationship before this deal? What happened? Why is he settling for this fake deal? I’m so bored I start to think everything but out of curiosity I opened my phone and search things about Jonghyun and his past. 

 

 

“Kim Jonghyun and Oh Yerin a power couple”

“Oh Yerin, Oh Company and Kim Jonghyun’s princess” 

“Ms. Oh steals Kim’s heart”

“Nation’s Couple on a fight?”

“Breaking News: Oh Yerin left to Paris”

“Nation’s Couple broke up”

 

 

There were lots of article about Jonghyun’s past. I didn’t hear about this but everyone seems to be talking about these in the past well I’m into finding jobs to sustain my education maybe thats why I don’t know about these, I was busy working for myself. Who’s this Oh Yerin? Did he left Jonghyun? Is this the reason? This was just 2 years ago. Browsing through the net’s picture about the past couple they seems to be happy, Jonghyun looks very happy. That smile, I’ve never seen him smiling like that. Somewhat I envied Ms Oh, looking at those picture with Jonghyun is smiling, she’s very lucky. I closed my phone and tv to relax my mind I’ve been reading so much, went to my room and lay on my been looking at the ceiling. Everything looks perfectly fine for Jonghyun in the past, what happened he’s a total opposite right now. Is it because of her? I feel a bit hurt inside and I don’t know why but I also want to see Jonghyun like that, I want to see him smiling like that again. 

 

 

I didn’t know I fell asleep when someone opened the door signaling someone is here. I went to see who was it when I see Aron-hyung carrying Jonghyun who seems drunk, why did they drink I thought they’re on a busy here. "I'm sorry, Jonghyun's a bit drunk. Please understand him, he isn't like this but when he's stressed he simply drink and got drunk." Aron-hyung explained. I looked at Jonghyun's state and he seems to be really drunk and he barely walk, "Oh its okay Aron-hyung, I can handle. He's been busy these days." he shoudn't be stressing with work, I told Aron hyung to take some rest I know he's tired too. He went outside and closed that door in our hotel room. I carried him to the masters bedroom for him to take a good rest.

 

 

 

He should get change or he’ll be sick and his clothes smells alcohol. I thought he’s already asleep but I was surprised when he grab my wrist and look me in the eyes. Looking into his eyes I saw sadness and desperate. What does it mean? Before I can ask anything he pulled me and I was surprise when he kissed me, he’s eyes are close contrast to mine which now are big because of being surprised. My mind went blank I only can feel his lips on mine, its soft and warm. I feel something inside me, I don’t know what it is but half of me wants to stay like this but other screams its wrong. I pushed him and hurriedly went out of the room with a fast beating heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened?” “Why did he do that?” “He’s drunk, MInki of course” “He’ll forget it in the morning” I was in my room now talking to myself. I still don’t understand why he did that. Of course he’s drunk but not everyone will do that if they’re drunk. He’ll forget it in the morning and only I can remember it. It hurts. Why does thinking it hurts? Am I drunk too? “Yah Minki, are you insane?” looking at the mirror and talking to myself someone will definitely say I’m crazy. My heart still beating fast because he stole my first kiss. I've reserved it for someone I love and who’ll love me back but now its gone and maybe forgotten in the morning. I've planned my first kiss that it’ll be romantic and special but I guess its not the case now. “What will happened tomorrow?” “Should I pretend it didn’t happen?” I don’t know what to do, I just lay on my bed thinking and thinking but nothing comes up to be better plan for tomorrow. I went to the bathroom to get some warm bath before I sleep and face tomorrow. 

 

 

 

I didn't get eneough sleep from last night because of what happened and now I'm in my room already took a bath and collecting guts to leave this room to face breafast with Jonghyun. Is he awake? I remembered that he was drunk yesterday and the kiss happened. What should I do? I went to peek outside and I saw nothing, he must be still sleeping. How can he sleep and why can't I? I've been talking too much to myself since I was with Jonghyun, I'm turning into a crazy. I walked into the kitchen knowing that he's probably needs a soup when he wakes up because of his hungover. I'll prepare him some soup. While I was cooking I've got a text from Dongbin saying that he understand and he'll let me copy his notes when I come back and most especially he said that Minhyun has been asking for me yesterday. I didn't get the chance to text him because I've lost my energy when I searched about Jonghyun's past. Speaking of I've heard drops of water inside his room, maybe he's taling shower already. What do I do? 

 

 

 

I was preparing the table when I heard he's door opened. I don't like awkward situation so, "Good morning!" I said awkwardly smiling, "Good morning" he said. He looks normal to me. Did he really don't remembered what happened yesterday? the kiss? my first kiss? "Did you cook this?" he said looking at the soup. I was still talking to myself (seriously Choi Minki stop doing that) when he said that and I barely understand him but I answered "Yes, you we're drunk with Aron hyung yesterday so I thought this will be good" I said taking my seat. "Thank you" he said shyly, "Did Aron hyung said something last night? Did..Did I do something last night?" he said that surprised me, maybe he remembers. Why am I being excited about that? "Well..--" I was cut off by his phone, it was ringing. "Hello? Yes I'm---" now he's the one being cut off when Aron hyung entered our room with his phone on his ear. "Good morning to you two!" Aron hyung said cheerfully. We greeted him back and he take away Jonghyun away from the table, what are they talking about. I'm slightly irritated we we're in the middle of talking and suddenly Aron hyung just came. I sighed

 

 

 

"Well its a good thing seeing you in the morning Minki, my day is already beautiful because of you" Aron hyung said when they came back after their talk. I was slightly embarrassed  of what he said, no one ever said that so bluntly. I got my cheeks red I didn't get the chance to talk back, "Do you need anything hyung?" Jonghyun suddenly said. "Don't be so grumpy in the morning Jonghyun-a, I'll get going. Bye~" he's acting weird right now and I don't know why. He left our room and closed tha door. "About last night did something happened?" I forgot about what we were talking about earlier, did he really not remember anything. Did only I can remember it? Suddenly it hurts my feeling. I've lost my appetite to eat. "Nothing, nothing happened you just fell asleep after Aron hyung brought you here" I said looking at my plate. I don't like this kind of feeling, it was my first kiss. Its a waste. Suddenly Aron hyung barge in again holding two papers on hand, "I forgot, I've got this 2 tickets for USS as much as I want to ride rides now but I have to take care of some stuffs here in Singapore while we're here so I'm giving you too this Universal's tickets. Go on a date or whatever, dont waste this tickets. Bye~" He just left us with these tickets without considering our thoughts.

 

 

 

I want to go to this amuesment park and it'll be a waste if we dont use this tickets but going with Jonghyun alone. A date? the two of us? Date? I think its a bit awkward and especially right now I know we're only here because of his business I don't want to be a burden to him. But a date?  "We don't have to go here, I know you're busy and I also don't feel like going" I said trying to mask my disappointment because I really want to go there also now I need to free myself from so many thoughts. "No, its okay. It'll be waste to not use this tickets" he said not looking at me but eating his soup. I don't want to get my hopes up but, "But you're busy right?" I'm trying to contain my smiling face, I'm really into outdoor rides thats why I'm excited but after what he said my mind went blank again. "Don't worry, I'll clear my schedule for you" now he said looking straight into my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

 

 

 

Hi Guys!!! Sorry if I haven't been updating because school really, every week we're having a test. But here it is now!!! Chapter 6 ♡ I'm trying my best to give you an update every week and I hope you'll like it. I'll work hard more! :) I guess everyone here know about NU'EST 2 days Fanmeet, right? We're so well fed. JREN MOMENTS ARE FLOWING~ The boys did really well and I'm so proud of them, they deserve all the love right now. NU'EST FIGHTING!!! ♡ 

 

I hope you're having a nice weekend! WE ARE SO BLESS! JRen fighting!!! I hope you'll got the chance to watch their movie, "Their Distance" I heard its a great movie. ♡

 

 

*I'm thinking of doing another oneshot, you can suggest any song maybe I'll get inspired from it~
And I also see all your comments I love reading them, you can leave comments and I'll be happy replying to them! Please continue supporting this fic. Thank you! :)

 

 

Check my twitter for updates:
@Minki_choiren

 

Let's all stream 'If You' on melon! Fighting loves!!!! SUPORRT NU'EST 

 

Thank you for subscribing to this fic. :))))) JRen is love ♡♡♡
@glorypath @pockyjr Bugi♡Mango