WBDITA chapter 04

Whose Blind Date Is This Anyway

“Pali. Pali, kids! You’re fifteen minutes late!”, said Junmyeon as the large door was opened.

Lisa and Sehun’s mouths hung open seeing the 8-foot wide 2.4 cinemascope screen in the room. The lights were dimmed and there were 2 rows of navy colored velvet seats ten feet away from the screen. The first row was already occupied by Junmyeon and Jisoo.

Lisa nudged Sehun. “Popcorn!”

His eyes fell to the popcorn machine. “Let’s!”

“There are caramel and salty one! Which one should we get?”, asked Lisa confused then she just realized what she said. Oh my God Lisa you’re not a couple and you’re not on a real date!! You can each get your own popcorn! She looked at him anxiously. “I-i mean, for yourself and I for myself.” Way to go for damage control, gurl.

Sehun however chuckled at this. “How about I get the salty one and you get the caramel one? Then we can share. I want to try both of them.”

Smooth, Sehunnie. Smooth, thought Junmyeon who overheard their conversation.

The maknaes sat behind the older couple with a large popcorn box and mineral water each in their hands. Sehun adjusted his cap.

“What are we watching?”, asked Lisa.

“Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”, replied Jisoo.

Lisa pouted. Her favorite genre was actually romance drama but then she realized it must be awkward if all of them watch a romantic movie now (especially if there was a kissing or scene). She quickly nodded with approval.

“Cool”, commented Sehun.

30 minutes-ish has passed.

“Oh my God Harry why would you tell Cedric about the dragons? He’s too nice”, commented Jisoo.

Junmyeon chuckled. “Because he’s kind?”

“What house do you think the sorting hat will get us into?”, asked Lisa.

“Hmm… Junmyeon hyung probably Ravenclaw. Jisoo-ssi looks Gryffindor to me. Lisa oppa you’re probably Gryffindor too. You know, the cheerful type that always makes something explode in a classroom”, replied Sehun with a grin.

Lisa threw a popcorn at him. “And you Ba–oppa, will probably fit in Slytherin.”

“I’m a pureblood”, agreed Sehun who acted snobbish.

Lisa threw another popcorn at him.

“Kids…”, commented Junmyeon while shaking his head. “But that is an interesting question. Which house would you like to get sorted in, Jisoo-ssi?”

Jisoo tilted her head. “Maybe Slytherin? So I can always be mean and prank innocent kids.”

Junmyeon froze for a few seconds before laughing. I did NOT expect her to answer that!

“How about you, Junmyeon-ssi?”, asked Jisoo. “You look like you belong to Ravenclaw though.”

“Oh? Why is that?”

Jisoo smiled. “Because you’re smart. At least I think so.”

Junmyeon blushed. “Ah. I don’t think so.” He moved his gaze to the screen. “I think I want to be in Gryffindor.”

“Nooooo we’re going to be enemies then”, joked Jisoo.

He chuckled. “We’ll be an exception and be nice to each other.”

She made a funny face. “That means I can’t prank you?”

He acted like he was giving it a serious thought. “Maybe once in a while.”

“Yeay! Deal.”

They both laughed.

“Ahhh shushhh you guys are noisy”, commented Lisa.

“Yeah boo! Pay attention to the movie”, said Sehun.

The maknaes grinned sneakily while both Junmyeon and Jisoo just rolled their eyes.

“Have you read the Harry Potter series?”, asked Junmyeon.

Jisoo shook her head. “Not really my type of books, but I do enjoy the movies.”

He nodded. “They say it’s different from the book though.”

“Yes. I mean imagine making a 2 hour movie from a book that thick and detailed!”, she said in a serious tone.

“I know right!”, spoke Junmyeon. “I mean—”

And then they ended up just talking to each other until the movie ended.

“It’s finished!? Whoa–”, he was about to clap when Jisoo stopped him. He looked questioningly at her.

She tilted her head to the right to the maknaes who were sleeping soundly. Lisa’s head was on Sehun’s shoulder, and his head was on her head.

“Ottoke??? They’re so cute!”, commented Jisoo in a low voice.

Junmyeon grinned widely. “I need to capture this moment before they wake up!” He turned off the flash on his phone then took a picture of them. When the quality turned out bad, Jisoo helped him by turning on the flash light on her phone so he could get better lighting.

She secretly wanted to follow his action but out of courtesy to Sehun who was still her sunbaenim, instead she said, “Please send me that picture later, Junmyeon-ssi.”

Still excited for having a great picture of Sehun (for blackmail use), he nodded without thinking. Then he just realized something.

“But that means… Uh… I have to have your number…”, replied Junmyeon shyly.

Jisoo slapped her forehead. “Oh yeah! Of course. Should I give it to you?” She blinked innocently at him.

He stuttered, “Y-yes. S-sure. I mean, if you don’t m-mind.”

“Okay. But please don’t let anybody know my number, Junmyeon-ssi. My managers will kill me if they find out.”

He gave a quick powerful nod when he gave her his mobile phone. “I’ll guard your number with my life.”

She giggled. “You better. Or I’ll send a Chinese Fireball dragon to your house.”

“I’m scared”, replied Junmyeon. “Ah yes I do need it as well if I want to send you my book.” A huge baby-like smile (Sehun would call it an idiotic smile) plastered on his face.

She returned his phone and he chuckled when he saw the name she saved. “Gatsby girl?”

“Better than ‘the Slytherin chick’”, said Jisoo, laughing.

Her laughter was infectious that he couldn’t help but joined her. He felt really happy tonight.

Their laughter was loud enough to wake up the maknaes. Both of them were trying to open their eyes while stretching their bodies.

“The movie’s over?”, asked Lisa with a yawn.

“Did I missed much?? The last scene I remember was Viktor with his shark face”, said Sehun while slapping his cheeks lightly.

His hyung nodded. “You missed a lot.”

“Aw why does my neck hurts”, spoke Lisa while massaging her neck.

“That’s odd. Me too”, said Sehun with a frown.

Both Junmyeon and Jisoo tried hard to contain their laughter that the voices escaping from their mouths sounded weird.

“You guys okay?”, asked Lisa bewildered.

The EXO’s leader covered his mouth with both of his hands. “Yeah. Yeah. Don’t mind us, Lisa-ssi.”

The maknaes looked at each other with a confused frown then shrugged.