WBDITA chapter 02

Whose Blind Date Is This Anyway

They went back inside the apartment, Jisoo wanted to check the other rooms and Junmyeon happily obliged. He let Jisoo lead the way.

Jisoo (who linked her arm with Lisa firmly) went in the pool room. There were also a mini bar and dart game. A few people were drinking and talking at the bar.

Sehun immediately picked up some darts and started playing. Jisoo and Lisa seemed more interested in the pool.

Junmyeon sat at a seat nearest to the dart game. Jisoo smiled at him from the pool table, and he smiled back.

“Hyung, you look like an idiot”, commented Sehun.

The leader only grinned. “Ah Sehunnie, isn’t she pretty?” He twirled in his seat.

He looked at Junmyeon with a distasteful frown and a go away look. “Then why are you here staring at me playing dart? Go join her.”

Junmyeon stood up. “Yeah I will.” He also picked up some darts. “I’ll beat you to this first.”

Sehun shrugged. “You can always try, hyung.”

“Unnie, Junmyeon-ssi seems nice”, said Lisa. Her hands busy putting the balls inside the triangle rack.

Jisoo nodded while picking up two cue sticks then gave one to Lisa. “He has a nice smile.”

“Hmm I’m actually not good at this”, said Lisa, clumsily hitting the balls with her cue stick. The number 8 green solid ball went into one of the socket. “Wooh~!”

“Do we actually know the rule of this game?”, asked a clueless Jisoo.

Lisa hopped happily to the other side of the table. “Let’s just make up our own.” She stared at the remaining balls then glanced at the boys playing darts. “J-ssi glanced at you. A few times actually.”

“J-ssi??” Jisoo laughed.

“You guys are double J”, commented Lisa. “And that just reminds me, why are you here with me? You should play with him. Poor oppa, I’m getting in his way.” She gave a sad pout.

Jisoo shot the 11 blue striped ball that almost went into a socket. “Ah you want to be left alone with Sehun-ssi? You guys look more friendlier together compared to Junmyeon-ssi and me.” She grinned teasingly.

“Yeah we’re bonding because our only desire right now is to leave you guys alone”, replied Lisa.

“He’s also handsome. Like a model”, said Jisoo who ignored her maknae’s reply.

Lisa stared at the 6 foot tall man who looked like he was teasing his hyung. Sehun was wearing a white collar shirt under a light black sweater and dark denim pants. A round frame glasses decorated his face and he wore a cap in reverse. Overall his look was simple yet fashionable.

Hmm yeah like a model, thought Lisa. Her unnie was still talking but whatever she was saying escaped her ears.

“You’re tall. He’s tall. You guys look good together. Model couple.”

Lisa was unconsiously still staring at his figure when suddenly Sehun’s eyes fell on her. She quickly averted her gaze to the pool table.

“Yes got you, Sehunnie!!”

Sehun was startled. “Huh what? I-i wasn’t staring!”

Junmyeon frowned, confused. “I mean our game. Look, I hit bullseye.”

“Oh…”, said the maknae relieved. “What a miracle, hyung.”

“It’s talent, kid.”

“Momentary pure luck.”

Junmyeon scratched his head. “Pfft whatever.” He glanced at Jisoo. “Shall we check other rooms?”

“Yeah sure.”

Junmyeon went to the bar and picked a few drinks up. He gestured Sehun to follow.

“What?”, asked Sehun cluelessly.

“Get a drink for Lisa”, said Junmyeon with a you-are-a-gentleman-and-will-not-embarrass-me tone.

Sehun rolled his eyes and got one for himself and Lisa too.

“Then I also need to warn you to not make any lame jokes. Don’t embarrass us, ‘kay?”

His hyung only looked at him in an ignorant when-do-I-ever-I’m-always-funny look.

The boys scooted over to the pool table where Jisoo was laughing at her maknae’s antic. The girl who was dressed in a light denim jacket over a mini shirt dress (her long legs kind of distracted the other maknae) was doing some weird dance moves involving placing the triangle rack around her face. It was so comical that Sehun had to hide his chuckle.

Lisa tossed the rack to the pool table as soon as she saw the boys approaching.

“Junmyeon-ssi”, greeted Jisoo brightly.

Ahhh that smile… Junmyeon’s heart started beating faster again.

“So what’s the score?”, asked Sehun.

“No score. We at this”, answered Lisa.

Junmyeon gave the drink to Jisoo. She looked at it with questioning eyes.

“It’s infused water. I know you girls don’t and are not allowed to drink alcohol”, he said. Always grateful for google search.

“How did…? Uhm. Thanks Junmyeon-ssi”, said Jisoo gratefully. So sweet and thoughtful of him.

Sehun also gave a glass of infused water to Lisa. “Don’t worry I didn’t spike it.”

“I’ll take your word for it”, replied Lisa. “Thanks!”

“Still want to explore the other rooms?”, asked Junmyeon.

Jisoo nodded. “Yes! Let’s go.”

The maknaes trailed behind them.

Sehun whispered, “Let’s bail out on them when we have the chance.”

“Agree. Those two need to be left alone. They’re on their date for heaven’s sake”, whispered Lisa back.

“Deal?”

“Deal!”

Then they both high-fived.

The four people went upstairs then immediately guided to the library room by Junmyeon.

“Wooh nice library”, commented Lisa.

The u-shaped book shelf was made by wood and filled with various genres of books.

“Do you like to read?”, asked Junmyeon curiously.

Jisoo nodded while scanning the books. “I do.”

YES SHE LOVES TO READ!! OH MY GOD. I think I’m in love. Junmyeon’s eyes were filled with hearts right now.

“What book do you usually read?” There was a hint of excitement in his tone.

“Hmm I’m not really into romance novels. I read most of Higashino Keigo’s books. Also Guillaume Muisso’s.”

Junmyeon’s mouth hung open. And she doesn’t read romantic novels.

Jisoo pulled a book from the shelf. “Here’s one of my favorite.” She gave the book to Junmyeon.

“The Great Gatsby? Oh I haven’t read this. I’ve seen the movie though”, replied Junmyeon.

Jisoo smiled. “Yeah I like the book better.”

His reaction when I mentioned that I like to read was cute. He likes to read too huh.

“Have you read The Little Prince?”, asked Junmyeon, now scanning the books to find it.

“I’ve heard of that. No I haven’t though. I haven’t had much time to read since debuting to be honest”, replied Jisoo.

Junmyeon grinned. “Me too. But I’ll always try to find time for it.”

Jisoo was studying his profile now. He looked so serious searching for that one book he mentioned. He wasn’t very tall, but he looked really fit. He’s actually really handsome. She never really paid attention to boy group members. I’m also not allowed to date yet here I am.

He tiptoed and grabbed a book from a higher shelf. “Here it is!”

He looked so happy as he gave it to Jisoo that she had to giggled.

“What?”

She shook her head. “Nothing.” Jisoo checked the book out. “Ahh so you’re recommending me this book?”

Junmyeon nodded.

“Okay I’ll read it if you read The Great Gatsby as well”, said Jisoo, grinning.

Wow wow wow is this… A book date??? A large smile was already spreading on his face. “Deal. I’ll send you my book then.”

Jisoo knew it was an excuse to contact each other again, but she welcomed it. “Okay then I’ll send you mine.”

They were both smiling at each other until they realized that the library was actually pretty quiet besides the sound of their voices.

“Where are our maknaes?”