WBDITA chapter 01

Whose Blind Date Is This Anyway

“….. What is this place?”

He was standing in front of the lobby of an all white posh apartment building.

Junmyeon replied, “My friend’s house. Well he actually owns the building and lives in the top floor, the rest he rents out.” He nodded at the stern looking security guys before they entered the lobby. Junmyeon retrieved the electronic card he got from his friend (to be swiped in the lift to get to the floor he wanted) from his jacket pocket.

Sehun turned to look at his hyung. “Why am I here again? I hate parties.”

The leader patted his back. “It’s not like a wild party you’re imagining inside your head. It’s a chill one.”

He sighed then let Junmyeon dragged him to the lift. “If only I don’t love you that much, hyung… Dragging me along to your blind date smh.”

Junmyeon looked confused. “What does smh means?”

“Shaking my head.”

His hyung rolled his eyes. “You can actually just do it instead of saying it.” They’ve arrived at the top floor then Junmyeon pressed the door bell.

The door was opened by the house owner (aka Junmyeon’s friend). “Yoooo Junmyeon! Glad you’ve arrived, the party’s almost ending”, he joked.

“Hi Minjun! I brought Sehun along”, said Junmyeon.

The two exchanged greetings then Minjun welcomed them in. The penthouse was so big that Sehun had to keep his mouth from hanging open.

“I turned the living room as the socializing or dance room. I call it the ‘music hall’. You can play pool or dart game in that room over there. Oh and there is also a game room upstairs, and library”, his eyes particularly darted to Junmyeon when saying the latter. “Just feel free to roam my place.”

Aah I know where I’ll be going, thought Sehun.

“Oh yessss and about your dates…”, spoke Minjun teasingly.

Dammit I forgot about that, thought Sehun again. His frown deepend.

“Aah Minjun-ssi, don’t remind me of that”, the maknae groaned.

Minjun laughed. “Dragged here forcefully by Junmyeon huh?”

“I feel like the older one here. Why do I have to babysit him during his blind date. WHY.”

Junmyeon grinned awkwardly. “Because I just don’t feel like going alone ‘kay.”

If it’s just an ordinary girl I’d probably be rather calm, but…

A particular scene flashed back in his memory. He received a call from Minjun (whom he’d known from childhood, their parents were friends) a week ago, offering to introduce him to a girl. He couldn’t actually refuse due to polite courtesy out of their family ties (and he thought why the hell not as he was single). It was originally the idea from a PD in SBS (who was friends with Minjun) who thought Junmyeon and this girl should be introduced. Not long after he said okay then he was told that the girl was actually an idol, and that kind of freaked him out. He knew she wasn’t from SM (because why go through all the trouble involving a lot of parties) and still hasn’t had a clue as who she was till now. Junmyeon proposed for a double date, he needed someone for comfort (and that unlucky one was Sehun). Minjun agreed to it and even suggested that the blind date takes place at his random parties. Sehun voiced out his worries of being seen dating at some party but Junmyeon (having been assured by Minjun) assured him that the party’s attendees were elite people and socialites who don’t care about idols.

They entered the music hall, Junmyeon having to drag a ready to protest Sehun along. The music blasted was mostly r’n’b, loud enough for people to dance, but low enough for people to talk as well.

“Okay stay here while I go get her”, said Minjun who as a good host stopped a bit here and there to greet people.

Junmyeon and Sehun also greeted a few people who noticed them and said hi.

“Do I look okay?”, asked Junmyeon.

Sehun rolled his eyes. “For the sixth time, yes you look fine, hyung. I’ll bite you if you ask the same thing again.”

Junmyeon ignored his dongsaeng’s comment and tried to smooth out the navy collar shirt he wore under a black denim jacket.

Sehun scanned the large room, he noticed a few famous faces. A painter. A writer. A designer. People seemed to be really mingling well, talking and dancing. It was unexpectedly a really chilled party. It seemed like people do know who both of them were but didn’t make a big deal out of it.

Minjun returned to them along with a girl hiding behind his back.

“Okay Junmyeon, meet Jisoo-ssi.”

The mentioned girl popped out behind him. She wore a black Diesel M-Loca fitted dress and white high heel sneakers. The three of them (Junmyeon, Sehun, and Jisoo) had a look of surprise when their eyes met.

BLACKPINK’S JISOO???! Oh my…. Junmyeon gulped. Never in a million years he thought that Jisoo would be his blind date. His heart beat faster.

Sehun tried to control his face. Okay I did not expect this! Junmyeon hyung must be secretly excited now.

Isn’t he EXO’s leader? I think his name is Suho??? HE’S MY BLIND DATE?? Jisoo looked at him with a slight of disbelieve.

Minjun cleared his throat since none of them broke the silence.

“Ah yes. I’m Suho but my real name is actually Kim Junmyeon. We’ve already met, but it’s nice to meet you again, Jisoo-ssi”, greeted Junmyeon awkwardly.

Sehun nodded. “I’m Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you.”

Jisoo bowed. “I’m Kim Jisoo. Nice to meet you here, sunbaenims.”

“Aa-ah! No. No. No sunbae-hobae calling here in my party”, interrupted Minjun firmly.

Jisoo smiled. “Okay. Junmyeon-ssi. Sehun-ssi.”

Ah such a pretty smile. Junmyeon felt blown away by it.

“Where’s your friend?”, asked Minjun.

“Oh right! She disappeared when I was talking with a few people”, answered Jisoo. “But it’s really easy to find her…”

Her eyes darted towards the DJ table where around it a group of people danced comfortably. The boys’ gaze followed her eyes. In the group one girl caught their attention because of her smooth dance move.

Sehun squinted his eyes, focusing in the dim litted room. So she brought her, he thought with amusement.

The orange haired girl who wore a black beanie grooved to Natalie La Rose’s Somebody. Her dancing was on point with every move. She seemed to be immersed in the song.

“I should go get her now”, said Jisoo.

“Nah. Let her dance a bit more”, spoke Sehun making the others surprised. “…. What? She seems to be enjoying the song so much”, he explained. One eye brow raised.

Lisa was moving around then caught sight of Jisoo. She excitedly waved while shouting ‘Unnie!’ then stopped when she saw the other three. Her hand quickly retorted to her side then bowed a bit before making way to them.

She arrived with a slight flustered face, probably because a. she just danced, b. they caught her dancing, and c. she realizing who their dates were. Lisa bowed apologetically before greeting them. “Hello sunbaenims. I’m Lisa Manoban.”

Jisoo shook her head then said, “Minjun-ssi here said no sunbae-hobae calling in this place.” Minjun nodded at that with satisfaction.

Lisa looked dumbfounded. “Ooh. Okay…”

Junmyeon smiled. “Hi Lisa-ssi.”

Sehun nodded. “Hello.”

An awkward silence passed over them.

Minjun laughed then hit both Junmyeon and Jisoo’s backs. “Don’t just stand here looking like an idiot! You guys go check my place around. Do something! Go get something to eat, anything.”

Junmyeon looked at Jisoo. “Have you eaten yet?”

“No, sun–I mean Junmyeon-ssi”, replied Jisoo a bit awkward.

“Let’s check out the foods?”, asked Junmyeon.

Jisoo smiled and nodded. “Sure!”

“Have fun you guys!”, said Lisa while waving goodbye to them.

Sehun joined her. “Have a nice dinner both of you.” He shoo-ed them. Minjun laughed at their antics.

Jisoo calmly grabbed Lisa’s hand. “Cute joke, Nallalisa, but you’re coming with us.”

Junmyeon glared at Sehun. “You too, kid.”

Both maknaes groaned while being pulled by their hyung and unnie. Minjun grinned and waved them away.

They walked to the huge decorated terrace with a garden where a lot of restaurant foods were served (there was even a chef who was doing the barbeque).

“Whoah this is real grass?”, said Sehun who stomped his feet to the ground.

“It’s like a little garden up here”, commented Lisa amazed.

Junmyeon shook his head. “And I thought you guys would be more impressed of the food.”

Jisoo giggled. “But the lights are really pretty.” There were different kinds of lampion lights decorated through out the whole terrace.

“Whoah look at the view of the city!”, Junmyeon also couldn’t hide his amazement.

“CHOCOLATE!!”, Exclaimed Sehun and Lisa when they saw the pile of drinks at one table. There were also other varieties beside chocolate.

“Eh? You like chocolate too?”, They asked at the same time, looking at each other with mixed expressions of amusement and confusion.

They both walked towards the table.

“I love chocolate drinks! Uh there’s a chocolate frappuccino!”, said Lisa. Eyes beamed happily.

“Me too. Especially chocolate bubble tea though”, spoke Sehun.

Junmyeon looked distastefully at them. “Kids, don’t forget to eat. EAT ‘KAY.”

His words were ignored by their enthusiasm for drinks.

“Why do I….” Feel like we’re bringing kids on our blind date???

His thought was disturbed by Jisoo’s words. “Ooh barbeque! Shall we have those, Junmyeon-ssi??”

“Yes!” He looked at Jisoo appreciatively. Right. I’m on a date. Screw Sehunnie. Focus on Jisoo-ssi. (his motherhood instinct wouldn’t let him though).

After five minutes of choosing the dinner menu, the four of them managed to have a table for themselves.

“Jal meokkesseumnida!”, echoed the four of them.

A minute later Junmyeon sighed then wiped Sehun’s mouth with a tissue. “You got the barbeque sauce on your mouth.”

Sehun felt a bit embarrased but managed to reply, “Geez thanks hyung.”

Jisoo grinned. “He’s the mother of the group huh?”

“Yeap. And proud of it”, said Sehun while side glancing his hyung. "But he can't cook, unfortunately."

Junmyeon’s cheeks went a bit red. “Haha what are you talking about Sehunnie?” he kicked Sehun’s leg under the table.

“OUCH HYUNG!”

The girls laughed seeing the scene.

“Anyways, I think it’s interesting that Blackpink doesn’t have a leader. Who usually takes the initiatives?”, asked Junmyeon with pure interest.

“Regarding?”, asked Jisoo.

He tilted his head. “Uhm, you know… With leader’s stuffs?”

“For hyung, the main task of a leader is giving a speech”, explained Sehun half jokingly. Junmyeon awarded him with a glare.

Lisa held her giggle. “We usually decide it by playing rock-scissor-paper”, she explained.

Junmyeon mumbled to himself. “Should I try doing that sometime…”

Sehun asked, “Who’s the mother-like then?”

“Definitely not Jisoo unnie–Though she’s the eldest”, answered Lisa in a flash.

Jisoo side-glanced at her before laughing. “True. True. I don’t know who’s the most motherly… Maybe Rose? But our Lisa here is very good at taking care of people. Our fans call her Lisa oppa.”

The boys laughed while Lisa protested. “YAH JISOO UNNIE. Unnecessary information!”

“Lisa oppa HAHA! I shall now call you that”, commented Sehun who barely stopped laughing.

“Ugh. Junmyeon-ssi, what’s Sehun-ssi’s nickname in EXO?”, asked Lisa with a vengeance.

Junmyeon seemed to be thinking. “We used to call him ‘Baby’, he is after all the baby in EXO. Or maybe giant baby maknae? A lot of fans call him that.”

“Ba–? Ugh no way I can call him that”, replied Lisa disappointed.

Sehun grinned. “Yeah you can call me baby.” He flashed an I-dare-you smile while Junmyeon hummed their Call Me Baby song. He actually didn’t like to be called baby anymore as he felt he has matured a lot and was manly now.

Lisa gave him the I-might-if-being-provoked eyes.

Jisoo then changed the topic before a maknae vs maknae scene was about to blow. “So how did you know Minjun-ssi and Gunho-ssi, Junmyeon-ssi?”

“Ah yes. You can say I’ve known him since we were little, our parents being friends for quite a long time before we were even born. We’re not really that close but sometimes we hangout. Regarding Gunho-ssi, he was one of the PD when I was an Inkigayo MC. Both of them are friends.” He left out a tiny detail that Minjun’s father was one of the stockholders of SBS.

Jisoo’s eyes widen. “Ooh I see. Gunho-ssi moved to YG not long after I become an Inkigayo MC. As for Minjun-ssi, I just met him tonight actually.”

Junmyeon was facinated by this fact. “Ah really? He moved to YG? Ah I don’t really know him that well though.”

“I wonder why they think of setting both of you up on a blind date”, wondered Lisa out loud.

“Maybe because they’re both Inkigayo MCs?”, suggested Sehun.

Jisoo and Junmyeon’s faces went pink hearing that.

“Meeting, Nallalisa. Or hanging out. Yes that’s right, we’re all just HANGING OUT”, corrected Jisoo in a hurry.

“Meeting. A friendly HANGOUT”, added Junmyeon who was now fanning himself.

The two maknaes looked at each other then rolled their eyes.

“Iiiiif you say soooo”, replied Lisa who continued sipping her chocolate frappuccino.

Sehun chuckled while nodding at her words.

“How did you guys get here by the way?”, asked Junmyeon trying to change the topic.

Jisoo answered, “We actually came with our manager unnie. She was supportive of this, uh hanging out thing. She’s inside there somewhere.” She secretly hoped the maknaes won’t fuss about the blind date topic again.

The boys raised their eye brows.

“Really?? That’s cool of her”, commented Junmyeon who looked a bit pleased.

“She’s keeping it a secret from the other manager oppas though”, informed Lisa. “You know. About YOUR DATE.”

Sehun laughed then high-fived her from across the table. Jisoo then jokingly strangled Lisa while Junmyeon hid his face with both hands.

“Okay guys how about we explore Minjun’s house now that we’ve finished our dinner??”, asked Junmyeon while standing abruptly.

“Nah, I’m good out here. Thanks”, replied Sehun calmly. “I mean look at the view.”

“I need my second ice cream, Junmyeon-ssi”, said Lisa cheekily. “Besides, the breeze really feels nice here.”

The maknaes are conspiring against us…, thought Junmyeon and Jisoo irritatedly.

Looks like we’re partners in crime for tonight, thought Sehun and Lisa mischievously.

Then as usual they both grunted while being dragged away by their hyung and unnie.