"Tell Me Once You're Home

TIME

        Yoo Seonho woke up a little bit late today, perhaps because he is really exhausted. He woke up with a blank mind. He is confused. What time is it? He glances towards the clock above his wardrobe. 7.25. Oh, damn it. I need to be in school at 8. And his eye corner caught a faint image of his wardrobe’s door that is clean from any uniform, unlike the usual weekdays in which the uniform he will wear the next day is already hanging there. Why didn’t I prepare anything? Ah, I must be too tired yesterday, he thinks, trying to get up unsteadily. Aish, why am I being like this? I’m not drunk… or am I?

        He sits back on the edge of his bed while trying to memorize what had happened and what he did yesterday until he woke up all confused like this. Ah, I practiced as usual yesterday; I got vocal class at 2, and then dance class at 7. He arose gradually from his bed and walk slowly towards his phone on the floor. It is now fully charged. I remember learning popping yesterday, and it seems like my phone’s battery is running out seeing how I just left it abandoned like this. He checks on his phone and found two new messages there. Eomma told me Seungho got perfect score on his math subject, and- what is this?

        His eyes widened seeing a new message from his beloved hyung, Hwang Minhyun. Seonho rubbed his eyes and opens the message while trying hard to recall what had he done yesterday. Ah, right, so I chatted with Minhyun hyung last night. And this morning he is telling me a ‘good morning’? Whoaa, seems like I’m lucky today!

From: Minhyunie Hyung

Morning, byeongari. Seems like you haven’t awoken, yet kkkk.

I got an interview with Singles today, so forgive me if I can’t be

in touch for hours. You know, we aren’t allowed to have our phone

during the activities. Good luck with your practice today. Fighting!

He removes his phone from its charger and re-reading the message several times. Sitting-but-half-squatting on the floor, he types his reply with an unconscious smile cure in his face. Once he is done with the message, he takes his towel and speeding up to the bathroom. Seems like today I will be really excited.

 

            The clock in his phone shows 7.47. The owner of the phone is still busy doing the dishes with a towel hanging on his neck when a notification of a new message ringing loudly from the living room. Surprised yet excited, he washed his hands hastily and sprinting to where he left his phone.

From: Minhyunie Hyung

When will your practice begins, hm?

Don’t forget having your breakfast before practicing.

I remind you because I simply wanted to even though

 I’m positive you won’t ever forget something

 related to food kkkk

 

Talking about food, the younger brave himself to ask about his hyung’s promise with a playful smile on his lips.

 

To: Minhyunie Hyung

It’s still 11 hyuuuuuung. When is

your interview ends, hyung? Get some

sleep during your way there, hyungie.

Oh, right. When will you take me out on

that meat and cider treat, hyung?

You didn’t forget that, do you?

From: Minhyunie Hyung

The interview is gonna take about 3 hours including the photoshoot.

Hmm get a proper breakfast first, you still have much time left.

Practice well after that, ‘kay? When you meet me later you have to master it

already! Arraseo?

Ah, that one.. I can’t promise you when, but once a promise, always a promise.

I didn’t forget that, don’t worry.

 

A lace of bright smile come into sight from the younger’s lips. He didn’t forget, he thinks. It means that I can still wishing for that day when he will finally take me out for some meat and cider, a supper for only hyung and me. Ah, I should practice well today. I can’t wait to show him my popping improvement. He is busy typing his reply before rushing back to the kitchen and finishing his dish-washing time.

 

            It’s 9 already, and Yoo Seonho is still freezing in front of his cupboard with his bag open. He has been packing his things for today’s practice. Spare shirt, spare training pants, towel, water, what else…

He looks around his room, scanning and trying to memorise what he might missed. Should I take some patches with me? Just in case my legs begin to cramp like yesterday. He gets up to look for some patches left on the first-aid kit while gazing to his phone which already turned silent for the last 20 minutes.

Hyung must have begins his interview. Is Wanna One performing on a music show this evening? I should ask manager hyung later. He takes all of his patches and marching to his room. Seems like all ready. I think I’ll stop by at the cafeteria first before practicing. Besides, hyung told me to eat well. After making sure he has locked all the windows and the door, he made his way to the nearest subway hurriedly to catch the 10 AM train.

 

*******************

 

         The boy is covered in sweat and is panting hard. He just finished his newest dance routine. The coach gives him some feedbacks after he showed his progress few hours ago, and up until now, he casts off his exhaustion and keeps on practicing the feedbacks repeatedly. Sitting on the floor with a shirt soaked in sweat, he inches to a corner to feel the air-con breeze which seems to give no effect on him – yah, maybe because he is moving way too much.

         He glances to the clock above the mirror and realizes that it has been quite late. It’s 11 already, and he can still hear some loud music played from another practice room. Even the other trainees are still practicing until this very hour. He opens his phone and turns the airplane-mode off. A bunch of notifications are filling his phone screen in an instant so that he has to do a quick sort between the unimportant and important messages – a message from Minhyun, for example. He is reading an ad with a fast food restaurant’s voucher that is clicked accidentally when his manager suddenly gets in and heading towards him.

“Well done, Seonho-yah! How’s today? Coach Choi told me that your dance is progressing well, hm?”

The kid takes a look at his manager and grins.

“He told me to sharpen some of my move’s detail and fix my breathing so that I won’t run out of breath in the end of the song,” he answered while deleting some of the ad spams on his phone. The manager nods, giving the boy some praising words and finally handed him a bottle of mixed-fruit juice.

“Drink up. Take a short break for now, and maybe after that you can show me your improvement? Once is enough, and you may go home,”

“Yes, hyung-nim!” shouted he cheerfuly while trying to open the bottle’s lid.

            The 16 years-old boy takes some sips on his juice while reading the remaining notifications in his phone. One of it comes as expected: a message from Hwang Minhyun!

Oh, hyung has his phone back already? He read the message carefully and at the same time asking his manager about Wanna One’s schedule. His manager said he didn’t really know, but Guanlin told him that Wanna One has been filming for two versions of a sport brand’s commercial. Seonho nods sluggishly and began re-reading the message.

From: Minhyunie Hyung

Hello again. How’s your practice?

We’ve been finishing one of several

commercials we had. Oh, before I forget,

what time you’re home tonight?

He frowned and re-reading the last sentence of the message before giving a reply. Why is he asking me what time I’ll be home tonight? Just want to make sure, or has he any other intention? He quickly types ‘almost finished practicing, will be home soon’ and adding some chit-chat stuffs such as how’s today shooting and how many commercials that queueing for Wanna One before put his phone down and getting ready to show his one-clean-dance-routine to his manager. He wants to get home as quick as possible.

               

                The one-clean-dance-routine is over, he gets over it successfully in one try, but seems like today will end just like yesterday because his legs began to show some symptoms of cramp. Oh, he is lucky because he brought the patches along so that at least he could go home in peace, not with bad cramping legs which he thought will be so much torturing.

He checks on his phone again. There isn’t any single reply since he told Minhyun he hasn’t home yet. Should I tell him that I’m done with my practice already? He types some short sentences, asking whether his hyung is finished with his schedule or not and asking why did he asks for his home-hour.

                Seonho just put his shoes off and lock the door right when his phone ringing. How fast response, he thinks. He sits on the edge of his bed and stacks some pillows for his legs before reading the message.

From: Minhyunie Hyung

Home already?

Hesitated and a little bit furious, he replied ‘yep, home already’ in less than two minutes and waiting eagerly for what will happen next. He feels uneasy. 5 minutes, 10 minutes gone. Nothing happened. He decided to change his clothes first. He just about to put his clothes into the laundry basket when his phone ringing. The boy freezes and glancing at his phone in horror.

That is the ringtone for incoming call, not a message notification.

In the next few seconds, he forgot about his clothes, throw it to the floor immediately and rushing to find a good place to sit and talk after noticing the caller’s id.

            His phone is still ringing impatiently with the id Minhyunie Hyung stated so clearly. Without further thinking, the 16 years-old boy picks the call up. He closed his mouth with his left hand tightly to hold his scream once he heard a soft voice muttering some greetings.

“Hello? You’re really home, right? I don’t want to disturb your practice kkk”

The caller got no answer. The younger boy is still trying his best to hold back until his hyung asks again,

“Hello? I’m callng to the right number, right?”

A slight buzzing sound was heard until Minhyun continues, “-it is right, the number is correct. And I know you are there, Yoo Seonho. Answer me until the next five seconds or I’ll just hang this call up,”

“Hyuuuung! No!” the boy shouted spontaneously and welcomed by laughter from the caller.

            “Hahahah.. ah, there you are. Hello again, byeongari. Don’t stay silent or this time I will hang it up immediately, no warning.”

 

Yoo Seonho feels his cheeks are getting reddish from the second threat and began to attack his hyung with lots of question about Wanna One, Guanlin, music program’s schedules, asking ‘hyung what are you wearing now’, ‘what did you eat beforehand’, ‘what did you do while waiting for me to get home’, and many more unimportant questions which Minhyun answered one by one patiently.

In the end, he said something that has been bothering him for quite a long time after hesitating and debating with his own pride:

 

“Hyung, I miss you."

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sooooo here's the next chapter, everyone!

This is such  a long one so, it takes me some time to translate it he-heh-he

Thank you so much for waiting, though! :)

Again, I apologize for late updating, and I hope this chapter worth your wait.

Happy reading, my readers~

-cutiepie21-