Good Day, or Bad Day?

TIME

          He walked home from the bus stop with earphone on his ears. He walked on medium speed while doing some popping moves which seems a little bit stiff. Aish, not this one. No, no, not like this. He repeated the same movement once again. This time, he tried to spin faster. Well, his spin is fast enough, but his legs are greeting one another before finally landed safely and found its balance. Frustrated, he scratches the back of his neck. His mouth is pouting behind the black mask that hides him from public’s eye. I remember I learned this part correctly, but why is it so difficult once I tried it spontaneously? Tired and upset, he kicked some gravel and walk faster.

          Once he arrived home, he changed his clothes with whatever seen first in the closet and lies in his bed. He took a glance at the clock above his closet. 11.45. A little bit earlier than usual, but why do I feel so awful today? He took a deep sigh before gets up and rose to the kitchen.

I remember I still have some instant noodles left, should I have some before going to bed? He opened the drawer above the stove hopefully. Uh-oh, seems like he did ran out of luck for now because nothing to be found in the drawer. Okay. Remind me to buy some instant noodles and maybe some instant porridge as well or any other edible things tomorrow before my vocal lesson. Oh God, I’m starving.

            The 16-years-old boy is turning to his fridge with his almost-disappear-hope. Yah, let’s not hoping for too much. Maybe there’ll be some leftovers, be it pudding or ice creams.. oh wait, when did I bought ice cream? A relieved smile soon seen in his face after seeing what he got inside the frigde. Better than have nothing to eat. Thanks, God. And he walks back to his room while hugging his precious half-pack-and-frozen vanilla biscuit.

            He reached out for his phone that laying upside down in his bed and frowns. 2 new messages? Who? Mom? He bites half of his biscuit and opened his inbox. Oops, sorry Mom, I left my phone just now..

He just swallows the first half of his biscuit and is about to eat the rest when he feels his appetite gone all of a sudden and the world stops for a moment. He holds his breath and gasp once he reads the other sender’s name. There, written clearly in the notification bar, the name of someone who had been coming to his mind absent-mindedly: Minhyunie Hyung.

He.. replied to my messages?

Choosing to abandon his starve, the boy opened the message in a rush and read it carefully.

From: Minhyunie Hyung

Hello, there. Are you asleep yet?

The boy froze for a moment. His mind went chaotic, busy deciding what he should say in response. Should I just neglect it? Hyung didn’t answer my previous messages, why should I reply his message now? His eyes pinned to the three simple sentences from his favorite hyung. This chance might not come twice. What if he changes his mind and decided not to reach out for me anymore? Hmm.. should I just ask why didn’t he answer my previous messages?

          It’s been almost 5 minutes long, and Yoo Seonho is staying still in his position. Sitting upright due to his surprise, his biscuits lie abandoned in his left, and don’t forget about his wistful eyes that reflect happiness, uneasiness, confused, a little bit worry, plus his heart beat that has been increasing almost twice its normal pace since he read the message. Should I ask him what on earth is happening that made him reach out for me out of the blue? I don’t want him to see that I’m delighted –well, yeah, my excitement is overwhelming, to be honest- and too childish, yet I don’t want to act cold to him. I can’t. Just can’t.

His mouth is pouting because of his own thought, but after a few seconds, his fingers are busy taping on his keyboard. I can’t make him waiting for too long.

To: Minhyunie Hyung

Minhyunie hyung…?

No, I haven’t sleep yet, just got home from practicing.

Hyung, why are you still awake?

            A bright smile appears on his lips right after pressing the ‘send’ button. His heart is still pounding, his mind is still struggling to calm down. His weariness had just evaporated somewhere. His legs are still sore thanks to the popping dance routine, but the three sentences from his hyung matters more. He types some replies for his mother while waiting for a reply. He didn’t fall asleep yet, did he? This time, he will reply my message, right? He sent me a message all of a sudden, it’s weird if he just simply sleeps or ignores the rest of it. He sends his reply to his mother and staring blankly to the homescreen.

Or, by any chance, do you want to take revenge, hyung?

A notification appears in his phone: its battery is dying. Oh, no. The boy rushing to his bag, looking for his charger, connecting his phone to the socket hurriedly and climb back to his bed, reaching for another biscuit. No way. Minhyun hyung is not that cruel.

 

          He is chewing his last bite of biscuit when his phone screen suddenly turns on. He runs to the dustbin in front of his room, throwing the wrap and running back to his phone. There is a new notification. He takes one of his pillows and sits on the floor, hiding his face behind the pillow while reading the message. Whoa, it’s real.. Tonight, I really had some chats with Minhyun hyung.

 

Minhyunie Hyung

Yeah, it’s me. I can’t sleep, yet.

How are you, hm? How is your practice today?

 

            Ah, he can’t sleep. Has he been thinking about something? Maybe Wanna One’s schedule is in its heaviest stage so, he got insomnia. About my practice.. should I ask him to teach me some popping? Hyung is really good when it comes to dance and sing. He types his reply soon after several brainstorming.

Yoo Seonho:

Ah.. I see. Getting a handful thing to think, hyung-nim?

I’m fine kkk. I learned a little about popping today.

It wasn’t as easy as I imagined :(

 

Minhyunie Hyung:

I don’t think so..

I often having things like this kkk. Don’t worry.

Who said popping is easy.. It’s okay.

You just begin to learn it today, right? It will be much easier later.

Yoo Seonho:

Need some sleeping pills, hyung?

Hyungie can’t sleep too late!

Your schedules are so tight, hyung..

Kkkk yeeess I know, I know^^

Minhyunie Hyung:

No need. I will fall asleep later when I’m too tired.

Oh right, sorry about your previous messages.

I… forget to reply to any of them. Forgive me, byeongari.

 

          Yoo Seonho stays motionless once he reads the latest reply. Lots of thoughts show up and running round his mind. Minhyunie hyung texted me. He asked me how my practice was, then he apologizes for forgetting to not reply any of my previous messages. What is happening, really? What did I dreamt of last night?

He remains still for a moment until his throat feels so dry. Oh, right. I haven’t drink anything since I ate my biscuit. Hmm.. he is serious with his apology, isn’t he? The boy coughed because of the biscuit crumb and awoken from his daydreaming. I better get some water first. He put his phone down and rose to the kitchen while coughing several times.

          In the kitchen, he didn’t find any clean glass except a cup and for him, drinking with a cup is not enough to satisfy his thirst. He decided to wash a medium-sized glass from the sink and fill it to the whole. Let me finish the rest of these dishes tomorrow. I have afternoon practice tomorrow so, I’ll have plenty of time to wake up early and cleaning this place and then buy something for breakfast and arrived on time to practice. He drinks the water in a little rush and rushing back to his room when he feels his legs are cramping.

Can my legs please not cramping, today? Ahh.. yah, okay, I give up. Seems like I still have some patches. Hyung, please wait a minute, don’t fall asleep yet, please, please, my legs hurt a lot…

He walks unsteadily to his first aid-kit. He takes two patches, opening the wrap and placing each in his legs and struggling to go back to his room as soon as possible.

            He reaches for his phone in a hurry and is about to type a reply as fast as he can and apologizing for making his hyung waiting for too long. There is a new message notification. He checks for it and sighed in disappointment. Why did the battery should run out at this very moment? Why did my legs hurt a lot today? Now, he is going to sleep and I can’t talk to him anymore. He leans toward the wall and re-reading the message. His legs are still throbbing, his body also feels weary, and actually, he also really wants to sleep.

 

Minhyunie Hyung:

You must be tired because of your practice..

Fighting! Lots of practices and hard effort

will give you the best result.

I’m sleeping now, you take some rest.

You’ve been working hard today.

Good night, have a nice dream.

 

          He read the message several time and sets his alarm before finally give in to his exhaustion. He smiles unconsciously and his face turns red while he walks staggeringly into his bed and lies comfortably. Minhyun hyung wishes me good night. And to have a nice dream. He hugs his pillow tighter and let out a small chuckle. His eyes go heavier, and before he finally moves to his dreamland he prays so that this moment can be repeated.

Good night, hyung. Have a nice dream.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Helloooo, everyone! Chapter 6 is up!

Sorry for late updating, college had me busy T.T

I'll try to give you another update within this week, or maybe next week.

And thank youuu for your feedbacks! :D

Please kindly wait for the moment where they are finally meeting each other ;) -alright, this is a spoiler hahaha-

Happy reading, everyone!

 

-cutiepie21-