Hard Time

TIME

        He calmly sips on his berry smoothie while wiping the sweat on his forehead once in a while. His eyes fixed on his phone, reading some news on his seniors fan meeting. It seems fun to have abroad fan meeting, he thought, meanwhile his lips are faithfully chewing the straw. He checks on his phone’s notification bar; no change. There is no – or not yet– new thing. He lets out a deep sigh and it makes his manager turns his head on him.

“Just a few more minutes, Seonho-ya. Take your time, give your body some rest first while we’re discussing some good themes. Ah, if you happen to have some ideas for the upcoming fan meeting, please let us know. Don’t hold them back, ‘kay?”

The kid looks at his manager, a little bit startled. Well, this is not what I mean, but – yah, whatever. He nods and throws his widest smile to his manager.

“I’m looking for some references, hyung. Please don’t worry,” he said, showing his phone screen that is full with tabs on his seniors’ fan meeting news, photos and videos. His manager gives him a thumb up.

        The manager and some staffs are busy drawing something in a piece of paper. Maybe some concepts for my fan meeting, he thought, turning his gaze to look at his surroundings. He caught several young girls gasping in surprise when his gaze meets their eyes. Seonho smiles, giving a single nod and wave his hands, successfully making the girls hysteric and spontaneously wave back. He looks around again, and catches other girls aiming their camera at him. He choose to focus on his phone again, pretending he never see any of those cameras. Maybe I’ll get some nice portrait of myself from Google or twitter.

His phone screen , indicating a new message notification. The look on the 16-year-old boy changes in an instant. So long, he thought, pouting unconsciously. Still with the same expression, he opens the new message.

 

From: Minhyunie Hyung

Learn some girl group dances.

I’m pretty sure you don’t need to put

extra effort to do that, but usually it will

make the fans go crazy. Just in case they ask you

to do that all of a sudden, you’ve got it prepared.

Ah, right. Plan some answers for unpredictable questions,

at least for whatever weird questions you might think of.

 

Seonho remains silent once he read the last suggestion from his hyung. Unexpected questions? Weird questions? He re-reads the message several times. I think it would be somehow scary if my standard of weirdness is different from hyung’s. He takes a mouthful sip of his smoothie while his mind is wandering around, looking for the answer of the ‘possible weird questions’.

“Seonho-ya! We’re done,” one of the staffs called him, smiling and gesturing him to come closer.

“Ah, give me a minute,” he said, taking his bag on his right and leaning closer to a group of people on his left with his phone and smoothie on his hands.

He quickly types ‘meeting in progress, tell me once you’re done with the practice, hyung’, send it, and put his phone in his bag.

“So, what is this?” he asks, pointing to a piece of paper full of sketches in front of him which then answered in a quite long explanation by the staffs and his manager.

 

        The discussion ended about half-an hour later. They will continue the meeting a couple days afterward, once Seonho is done with his practice. The kid himself goes back to his dorm in exhaustion. He checks on his phone while unlocking the front door. Nothing, nothing new. He gets inside and locks the door.

He sighed at the mess presented before him. That kid must have left the dishes undone, he thought, instinctively walking to the kitchen. And he is right. A pile of plates, bowls, spoons, some chopsticks and even a ramyun pot are waiting for him in the sink, undone. He takes his phone from his pocket and roses to his room.

 

To: Woochanie

How many times do I have to tell you,

wash the dishes once you’re done having ramyun-_-

 

Seonho really wants to sleep, but he can’t sleep with the current condition of the dorm plus the sweat on his body. Let’s just get a nice bath, and clean all of this mess tomorrow, he thought, checking on his phone once again and sighed in disappointment.

 

        He sits on the floor in his black sleeveless and boxer. His hands are busy sorting out the waste, once in a while wiping the water dropping from his wet hair to his face. I really should give him a disciplinary lesson or action, he thought, putting an empty pack of potato chips into the plastic bag. He ties the two bags, and rise outside to the garbage can.

Once he’s out, his eyes are fixed on the stars in the sky. Whoa, so pretty..

He drowns in the view above him for a moment. But then, unpleasant smells coming from the two plastic bags he had brings the kid back to the reality. Eyeing the plastic bags, he let out a groan. It is such a pity I have to face and sort these trashes in the middle of this beautiful starry night. Jo Woochan, I’ll definitely give you something to learn.

        He walks back to his room after washing his hands. He reaches out for his phone, hoping to see at least a new message. His breath detained seeing what he’s got.

2 messages and 2 missed call. From Hwang Minhyun.

That damn trashes, really…

 

From: Minhyunie Hyung

I’m curious at what you’re discussing until this late kkk.

Haven’t go home yet, hm? Well, today feels so long, as usual.

We practiced for our songs in Nothing Without You, and

preparing for some songs for our upcoming album as well.

You know, 2018 will be a very busy year for us. We’ll be releasing

3 albums, so I’m so sorry that I might be harder to reach than

how I’ve been so far.

 

3 albums in a year. Just when will you get some sleep, hyung. He reads the other message. His face darkens in disappointment, but his eyes totally tell he is worried.

 

From: Minhyunie Hyung

Sorry to tell you this, but I think I’ll sleep

earlier today. We have a recording for Music Core tomorrow

and some practices like we just had, and I’m a little unwell today.

I’m sorry I can’t call you tonight, I hope there’ll be some spare

time so I can make it up. Fighting for your practice, and

good luck on your schedules!

 

Seonho takes a deep breath, and let it out slowly with his eyes closed. Seems like next year will be a quite difficult one compared to this year. After weeks of only messaging each other, he has to be satisfied to have only another message instead of hearing his hyung’s voice for today. Plus, the fact that he knows Minhyun is unwell now, Yoo Seonho feels like he doesn’t want to sleep. He wants to pray for his hyung’s health and their better communication in the future –and how he will confess his feeling- but, he realizes that he also needs some sleep.

Under the starry night, in the warmth of his blanket, with the two gift pillows from his fans, Yoo Seonho closed his eyes while repeating his last reply he sent before.

            It’s okay, I understand. Please don’t get sick, hyung…

            Don’t sick. Please don’t.

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yooo I'm back!

I've been working on another chapter, and hopefully I can post it next week :)

So, a little bad news in this chapter, but don't worry.

Nobody's gonna die or get hurt that much in this story.

Hope you enjoy this, and oh, right.

What do you think about some oneshots? After I'm done with this story, ofc.

Lemme know your thoughts in the comment~ Thanks chuu.

-cutiepie21-