An Acknowledgement

TIME

           “So, among the eleven members of Wanna One, who do you like the most? Is there any specific member who has, like, any close relation with you?”

Six people who are being questioned exchanged glances, sending questioning look to each other and giving signals to be the first one who answers the question. After observing his groupmates for a moment, Hyunbin decided to take an inisiative.

“For me, it’s Minhyun hyung. Minhyun hyung and Jonghyun hyung had helped me a lot during the evaluations process, and I think I won’t survive until final if they weren’t there for me,”

“Agree. Jonghyun hyung is really kind, but I think I’m closer to Minhyun hyung because of his fluent Japanese,” Kenta said while burst out laughing on his own answer.

“Ah, you’re right. Minhyun hyung taught you many Korean words and phrases since our first shooting for 101’s first episode isn’t he?” asked Donghan, answered by many nods and agreement from the other trainees.

         The youngest trainee among those six people laughs as well. Seems like no one noticed that his mind is actually pretty chaotic now. It has been the umpteenth time they talked about Wanna One during their interview. And for him, talking about Wanna One means talking about his favorite hyung, Hwang Minhyun.

Should I just be honest? But, I think it will be dangerous. He turns to look at Gunhee who is now answering the question. But, if I recklessly telling the truth about my feeling, they should have knew it already since Minhyunie hyung once said I like him a lot during the program. Isn’t that make sense?

The 16-years-old boy is still busy debating with his own mind until it is the time for him to answer the question. In his last seconds, he decided to tell the truth.

“For me..” he paused for a moment, acting as if he thinks quite hard. He is about to open his mouth when suddenly the studio became so hectic.

“It must be Hwang Minhyun!” – Donghan.

“Hwang Minhyun!”                 – Hyunbin.

“Minhyun hyung,”                   – Kenta.

“Minhyunie hyung”                 – Gunhee.

“Ah, that’s right. This chick really loves Wanna One’s Hwang Minhyun,” said Sanggyun calmly while taking a look at the youngest.

Seonho found himself surprised. He feels as if his chest is beaten inside at the same time upon hearing the name, Hwang Minhyun, being mentioned altogether all at once. Checkmate, he thought. Still in his surprise, he laughs nervously.

That’s right, hyung. I do love him.

“Ah.. hyung, I should be the one who said it instead of you all,” he said, hitting Sanggyun’s arm playfully.

Everyone in the studio can’t help but laugh once they heard his answer meanwhile the kid trying hard to hide his blush.

“Ah, so.. the answer is Hwang Minhyun, right. Now, Yoo Seonho-ssi, can you tell us what do you like about him? What are the things that make you, somehow, attached to him?”

And hundreds of reason why he did love that man instantly piles up in his mind, asking for a declaration and acknowledgement from himself.

 

          Things that make me attached to him? Well, actually it’s pretty simple –because I love him- but, is it okay to just say everything out? Is it okay to tell them the truth?

“I think I’m that close to hyung because he is a very kind big brother to me,”

A sentence with ‘safe’ label escaped from his mouth. His mind is still busy picking out other ‘safe’ reasons from hundreds of not-so-important-reason-and-a-little-dangerous-reasons.

“In my opinion, Seonho is really close to Minhyun hyung because he always treats him well,” Kenta offers an argument which is agreed by the others.

“Hyung also gave him lots of food,” said Gunhee, resulting in another wave of laughter from the staffs.

Giggling shyly, the boy feels that his yearnings had just make a comeback. His heart aches, but he tried his best to keep smiling and nods in agreement. True. He treated me really well. The chick now tries to focus and other ‘safe’ labeled reasons show up in his mind.

 “Minhyunie hyung taught me lots of dance moves that seem difficult for me. He also told me lots of tips and tricks to handle unwanted things on stage such as broken in-ear, broken mic, wardrobe malfunction…..”

          Those long and well-explained answer from the youngest make the other five people exchanging knowing glances while trying to hold their smile. They struggled in their silence and finally just nod in agreement.

“Hwang Minhyun is special. No wonder lots of people are having interest and wish to be close to him,” said Sanggyun once the chick finishes his answer.

“Yup, you’re right, hyung. But, still, I think our Yoo Seonho is one of the luckiest people who really succeed to be that-close to Hwang Minhyun,” said Hyunbin, giving emphasize in his ‘that-close’ and taking a look at the youngest.

Seonho is about to thank Hyunbin when suddenly Donghan added: “Do we have to be jealous because this chick once kissed Hwang Minhyun sunbae-nim on his cheek back then in the final concert?”

The whole studio cheers and teases him while the boy looked surprised and lost his words. He laughs in embarrassment, covering his face with his hands to hide the pink blush which is now spreading all over his face. Several memories about his time with Minhyun appear in his mind.

Yes, I am quite close to Minhyun hyung. He is so kind, he gave me some of his foods as well sometimes, but I think I have my own reason above that all. I tried my best to get close to him because I feel so at ease whenever he is around. Hyung also didn’t seem to be bothered with my existence, though. Those warm gaze, supporting words, and calming hugs..

He always treats me so well, and that make me really fall for him in the end..

The kid looks up to see the people’s reaction. Seems like they are still engaged in their laughter.

And that kiss.. for me, it feels as if that was a goodbye kiss because I never really see him again after the program ended. It was like the first but also the last kiss at the same time.

The staff clears his throat and fixing the question card in his hand. Uneasiness began to creep in the boy’s mind meanwhile the staff is getting ready to give several final questions. The chick is still busy with his mind. He recalls his ‘meeting’ with his beloved hyung in one of Wanna One’s performance several weeks ago.

It feels strange, for finally being able to look at those eyes again after months. Those eyes stay the same. Sharp gaze, but warm and breath-taking at the same time. Ah, did hyung catch my message yesterday?

“Alright, now, these are the two last questions. Oh-no, I would like to confirm something first. Recalling your reaction since Produce 101, do you really like Hwang Minhyun that much, Yoo Seonho-ssi?” finally the staff asked with a smile.

The other five trainees around the boy nod and smile playfully, but they decided not to say anything or the kid might throw another protest. His daydreaming got cut-off, and the boy got surprised a little now sensing five pairs of eyes are looking at him curiously, waiting for a confirmation. He set his thinking face while gathering all of his consciousness and building up his courage.

            Hyung, will we meet again?

            I.. want to see you again.

            I want it to be just the two of us, without any disturbance.

The 16-years-old boy giggles and let out a shy smile before finally answer clearly:

“Yes, I like him a lot. I do love him.”

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yuhuuu I'm back!

How was our byeongari's decision? is it good? or bad? :(

Anyway, thanks for reading, everyone!

-cutiepie21-